What's new

Female designs and lack of variety

molambo

(X ౪ X )
It’s really sad that NRS was traumatized into making the women look more “decent.” They got criticized once with the MK9 whorefits and never recovered again. And that was before the puritans from Twitter was even a thing too ironically.
they looked like they would come directly out from a strip club. not against showing what they have but i am glad that they moved away from that style.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
But they clearly can’t even come to a middle ground. I don’t oppose the way the women are dressed for this game, but we need something more exciting than what we have.
yep, this would be the best .... but NRS can't decide if they go totally nuts regarding sexy or totally conservative ...... so , none expectations for MK1 .... anyway, a classic UMK3 outifts , as they did for MK11, would be welcome for MK1, let's see if happens ..... ;)

Will this do?
Damn .... Jennifer Connelly deaged doing cosplay or mocap for both Mileena and Kitana in MK1 ? I second that in a heartbeat !! :rolleyes: :laughing: :p

Mk9kevin

Sareena for MK11!
yep, this would be the best .... but NRS can't decide if they go totally nuts regarding sexy or totally conservative ...... so , none expectations for MK1 .... anyway, a classic UMK3 outifts , as they did for MK11, would be welcome for MK1, let's see if happens ..... ;)

Damn .... Jennifer Connelly deaged doing cosplay or mocap for both Mileena and Kitana in MK1 ? I second that in a heartbeat !! :rolleyes: :laughing: :p
I love the UMK3 skins… But we need something else other than classic skins to make these women look sexy. We can’t always be relying on the classic skins to make the women look hot. They need to step up their wardrobe game.

xenogorgeous

I love the UMK3 skins… But we need something else other than classic skins to make these women look sexy. We can’t always be relying on the classic skins to make the women look hot. They need to step up their wardrobe game.
agreed .... so is up to NRS to provide that :cool:

if that stuff some leakers said, if true, about each character having 10 outfits, that is not just pallete color swap choice, so, chances are that , at least, one or two costumes end being more interesting and revealing, so, we will find out .... :rolleyes:

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
I will never get over the fact that the dude directed this film and cast himself in this role, PURELY so he could suck Salma Hayek's toes.

Dude is a madman, but he knows how to play the game.
Uh
puts glasses on

slight correction…

Texan Robert Rodriguez of “Desperodo” and co director of “Sin City” and “Spy Kids” actually directed this movie “From Dusk Till Dawn” where that gif comes from…not quentin tarantino (the dude toe sucking in the gif)…he did however right the screenplay..

So he wrote it definitely didn’t direct it

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
It’s really sad that NRS was traumatized into making the women look more “decent.” They got criticized once with the MK9 whorefits and never recovered again. And that was before the puritans from Twitter was even a thing too ironically.
I never understood the criticism in the first place. Isn’t it far more progressive for the female characters to express themselves however they want? The route they went is a far more conservative one, and it just doesn’t make any sense. It just feels super backwards that all the male characters can freely express themselves however they want, and then all the women all dress similarly like they’re all in the same cult where the leader will shun them if they show too much skin or something.

Hey… maybe that’s why Mileena got the Tarkat disease. Since she shows the most skin, that was her punishment from their cult leader!

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
It's funny, I was just watching TheMainManSWE go over the new character designs in Tekken 8 and he said that all of the male character designs look fantastic, and the ladies seemed lacking in comparison. I don't have a point, I just thought it was interesting to here a similar comment about a different next-gen fighter.

Even though MK9 costumes were tacky and fucked up, I believe there is room for more skin, but the way I see it the same can be said about the male characters.

It's clear to me straight and gay men both seem to prefer the girls drag it up a little more, with sexier costumes, even though for (probably) entirely different reasons lol but I never heard what straight (or lesbian) women prefer when it comes to this, I don't think I have ever heard opinions coming from them when it comes to this subject.

I mean, whenever I see these, I REALLY want them to happen:

(Although I would miss these cursed grandma heels NRS has been giving us and go for a more high profile one).

That Jade costume is amazing, way better than the shit she was wearing un MK11. They bring her back just to give her some weird af costumes, and her non revenant main one was more brown than green.

Overall, my top costumes are in MKD and MKX.

Jade in MKD looked good, hot and sexy, but without being a stripper. Same as Tanya.

Kitana and Mileena look the best in MKX. Tanya look great too.

Nowadays everyone is wearing a bodysuit with open high heels. Wait until Sonya's DLC is announced and she's wearing the same heels as Kitana.

Space Cadet

They shot our face, Johnny. They shot. Our FACE.
Even though MK9 costumes were tacky and fucked up, I believe there is room for more skin, but the way I see it the same can be said about the male characters.

It's clear to me straight and gay men both seem to prefer the girls drag it up a little more, with sexier costumes, even though for (probably) entirely different reasons lol but I never heard what straight (or lesbian) women prefer when it comes to this, I don't think I have ever heard opinions coming from them when it comes to this subject.

I mean, whenever I see these, I REALLY want them to happen:

View attachment 20765View attachment 20766

(Although I would miss these cursed grandma heels NRS has been giving us and go for a more high profile one).
Well speaking as someone bi I just like nice and beautiful looking designs. MK9 was wayyy too sexualized, but showing some skin isn't awful.

xenogorgeous

Well speaking as someone bi I just like nice and beautiful looking designs. MK9 was wayyy too sexualized, but showing some skin isn't awful.
I'm sure we are finally going to settle this conversation for the Internet once and for all
In MK9 , only Sonya and Sheeva default outfit were indeed, totally out of place or kinda exagerated regarding showing skin ..... the others ,Mileena, Kitana, Jade, Sindel etc was pretty OK, were very sexy , but not like DOA series level

Skarlet MK9 default skin was almost overdone, but, still, more or less acceptable I guess

Specially Mileena, that is supposed to appeal to hot sexy outfits , to compensate and disguise her monstrous features, kinda as working as some type of distraction, so, that's it ..... Mileena is sassy and crazy wild, so, would be pretty normal to her using hot costumes all the time

This will be an eternal discussion and debate, due that each own with his / her personal preference , so ....

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Uh
puts glasses on

slight correction…

Texan Robert Rodriguez of “Desperodo” and co director of “Sin City” and “Spy Kids” actually directed this movie “From Dusk Till Dawn” where that gif comes from…not quentin tarantino (the dude toe sucking in the gif)…he did however right the screenplay..

So he wrote it definitely didn’t direct it
I've already been corrected on this ;)

Doesn't change the fact that the dude probably did have a helping hand in helping secure the role of a lifetime

xenogorgeous

I've already been corrected on this ;)

Doesn't change the fact that the dude probably did have a helping hand in helping secure the role of a lifetime
yeah .... Tarantino and Rodriguez are real life bros , and did support work for each other movies, so, yeah, that was Tarantino just giving a 2 minutes call to Robert and everyhting else was story ......