What's new

Female designs and lack of variety

Raider

Noob

We have 6 playable female characters revealed so far, with only one left to be revealed Nitara.
My main question is why are all the females having very similar looking bodysuits and toes revealing heels? The only different and kinda unique looking female we got so far is Ashrah. Yes, she has a bodysuit too but at least she has normal shoes. Sindel, Li Mei, Kitana and Mileena look pretty much the same. Their facial features are very, very similar. It's weird because we have a lot of variety when it comes to the male part of the roster, but why are all the females having shoes that reveal their feet and why are they all wearing samey bodysuits? It's getting weird...

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Agreed, and I also dislike how overdesigned a lot of them are too. covered with seemingly random bits of metal, belts, and stripes. I will say that, even though she looks like an NPC to me, Li-Mei's outfit at least looks different. I'm hoping (but not holding my breath) that we'll get some more down-to-earth costumes for the ladies similar to Raiden, Kung-Lao, Johnny, and Kenshi.

We have 6 playable female characters revealed so far, with only one left to be revealed Nitara.
My main question is why are all the females having very similar looking bodysuits and toes revealing heels? The only different and kinda unique looking female we got so far is Ashrah. Yes, she has a bodysuit too but at least she has normal shoes. Sindel, Li Mei, Kitana and Mileena look pretty much the same. Their facial features are very, very similar. It's weird because we have a lot of variety when it comes to the male part of the roster, but why are all the females having shoes that reveal their feet and why are they all wearing samey bodysuits? It's getting weird...
trying to provide an explanation, 3 of them are the same royal family and one is former royal guard.

the lin kuei members look no less similar than outworlds royality.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I like the designs. It’s kind of like Outworld ladies have their own style, as do the ninjas. Leave the c*nty heels in, I like it, they’re elegant royal women from an exotic different world!

also, loving the different body types with Tanya being slightly bulkier than the rest, and not all of them having massing tits!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yeah I been screaming about this for months now. Same body type, no curves, (slightly diff sized chests, SLIGHT), no muscle definition whatsoever, boring costumes, ALL OF THEM HAVE HEELS. WHY? Really hope the alternate costumes will slap cause this ain't it, give these poor women some abs and hips for the love of God.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Yeah I been screaming about this for months now. Same body type, no curves, (slightly diff sized chests, SLIGHT), no muscle definition whatsoever, boring costumes, ALL OF THEM HAVE HEELS. WHY? Really hope the alternate costumes will slap cause this ain't it, give these poor women some abs and hips for the love of God.
yep

either they got very very pretty lazy with the female design, just throwing bunch of minimal variation there mixed with already created basic models and see if we swallow that or .... due this woke wave plague we have so far spreaded and tainting all kind of entertaiment , they did purposely , making all females less curveous, with less breast , less everything .... just bland and generic :confused:

you know, Inclusion and ESG meta involved ..... lol ! :DOGE

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Well, I have seen a costume for Kitana that looks similar to her story mode costume from MK1 (except orange colors because it is fire themed), so I'm not too worried about it tbh. The primary costumes are usually the most boring ones anyway...

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I honestly believe that not only the female characters but the male characters are boring too. Scorpion & Sub-Zero haven't looked so boring since MK4. I couldn't believe there were people of Twitter/X that thought MK1 Sindel looked better than MK11 Sindel, what are they on? MK11 is literally the most beautiful character NRS have ever designed. I don't know what's with NRS but it seems that MKX was the end of their creative female designs like Kitana in that game is just amazing when MK11 & now MK1, she just looked plain. I just miss the MKDA to MK9 era of female character design but I don't think people understand that it's fantasy & Edenians/Outworlders aren't human.

There's one girl on Twitter/X who actually believes that all the female characters looked like this:
when she actually looked this:

I will never get over the fact that the dude directed this film and cast himself in this role, PURELY so he could suck Salma Hayek's toes.

Dude is a madman, but he knows how to play the game.
He didn't direct it, Robert Rodriguez did but he did write the screenplay.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
NRS designers are afraid of something, apparently.

Shitstorm on Twitter (or X or whatever troll-on Musk decided) if skins are too sexy or showing more skin ?

But yeah, we got great skins as dlc in MK11, so they'll probably repeat the process.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
it is not only for female fighters, in story mode chapter 1 when young Shang Tsung appears in front of the mirror while speaking with Kronika, it is clearly the same face model with Sub-Zero, hair, face etc everything is the same. i also don't understand why Kenshi wearing the same panth with the Lin Kuei fighters, he is not even Lin Kuei. Why everyone's face looks the same when fatalized? Especially on Kenshi and Sub-Zero fatalities. it is hard to recognize characters in this game except Ashrah and Reptile, totally agreed on rest of the female fighters.