What's new

[Feb 20, 2016] Get it in Ohio - UMK3 Tournament - $1000 to 1st Place! (Cincinnati, OH)

Largest prize ever in UMK3 history, Loads of people for years claiming they are the best offline. Not 1 person has RSVP for this event LOL.

Maybe time to reevaluate the situation.

Its not going to be a free $1000 bux, if by Jan 15th we don't get 10 committed players, I am withdrawing the sponsorship of the event.

@tehdrewsus @nwo @NoDoubt @Shock @Tim Static @Juggs @dubson @Drakonian
Excellent point. No point in me putting up my own money towards three nice trophies either, if five guys are going to show up.

I've spoken to several people both in person and online that have given me commitments, but please make your commitments known here

dubson

Noob
It's getting quiet in here, and I'm getting concerned with losing sponsorship....

I will just put this out there right now, so people can start doing whatever they have to do. I will absolutely go to this tournament if @nwo, @Juggs and @NoDoubt go. Straight up. Probably still will if even 2 out of these 3 commit.

It's not even about the tournament or the money for me, but about who I get to play the game of UMK3 offline with.

Where is all the new blood at? @Drakonian , @ddy_08 , @ClevelandMenace..JAX WINS , don't you live in Cleveland bro?

At least @ComboMaster7 posted in the thread and said that he is trying for crying out loud. Not that is he is new blood, but just saying.

Last edited:
It's getting quiet in here, and I'm getting concerned with losing sponsorship....

I will just put this out there right now, so people can start doing whatever they have to do. I will absolutely go to this tournament if @nwo, @Juggs and @NoDoubt go. Straight up. Probably still will if even 2 out of these 3 commit.

It's not even about the tournament or the money for me, but about who I get to play the game of UMK3 offline with.

Where is all the new blood at? @Drakonian , @ddy_08 , @ClevelandMenace..JAX WINS , don't you live in Cleveland bro?

At least @ComboMaster7 posted in the thread and said that he is trying for crying out loud. Not that is he is new blood, but just saying.
you didn't mention me because you know i'm already goin, right? ;)

jk

dubson

Noob
you didn't mention me because you know i'm already goin, right? ;)

jk
Well obviously bro, lol.

I would love to play offline games with you homie, your a fantastic player, but that's an expensive trip just to play 1 great player and I got a family n shit.

Were talking over $700+ for me easy (round-trip flight, hotel, food, possible rental car/taxi fare), having to miss work, having to miss college classes which would really hurt, not being able to help take care of the kid... I got a lot goin on.....

I want to go really bad, but I have to make the most out of my opportunities....

Last edited:
Well obviously bro, lol.

I would love to play offline games with you homie, your a fantastic player, but that's an expensive trip just to play 1 great player and I got a family n shit.

Were talking over $700+ for me easy (round-trip flight, hotel, food, possible rental car/taxi fare), having to miss work, having to miss college classes which would really hurt, not being able to help take care of the kids...

I want to go really bad, but I have to make the most out of my opportunities....
Totally understand. Wouldn't expect it out of anyone let alone a family man. I feel that. Hopefully we get some commitments soon.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I'd hate to spend $500 on a plane ticket and end up having the event cancelled. I can't 100% commit unless there is a guarantee the event will happen, which doesn't sound likely.

I'd hate to spend $500 on a plane ticket and end up having the event cancelled. I can't 100% commit unless there is a guarantee the event will happen, which doesn't sound likely.
See honestly that's the problem we're having.
"Depending on how many people are going, I'll go"
"I'll go if so and so shows up"
"If a lot of people will be there I will"

When you have 15 people making the same 3 non-committal statements, it sours things.

This event isn't some hope and dream "well maybe people will show up". I created this event because we need a good, big UMK event, and we have the opportunity for people who primarily play online to get some good offline matches in. It is happening. I will be there with plenty of setups and streaming.

@Ziggy and @UndefinedRican have verbally committed. Can you guys RSVP at the top of the thread?

@Sharks_Breath how about you? detroit ain't far
@ClevelandMenace..JAX WINS @Professor_Rouse both in cleveland right?
@Tim Static Columbus (and I'm sure there are others)
@Drakonian a bit of a drive but super high level player and I bet he shows.

@NoDoubt how many players you bringing with you? See if that East Coast can come Get it in Ohio, see if you're still the best.

@Shock the man the legend. The man who gave this game the breath of life.

MRIGOTBASS

And for people who are using the "Its a Bass Sponsored Event I am not Going" like @nwo

Mr Bass will not be attending this event, participating in this event, officiating, running, promoting or has anything to do other then the prize donation.

The man donated money into this because he wants to see people have a good time, and bring out the largest crowd possible.

So fear not, if your excuse for not going is Bass, LOL thats off the table as well.

MRIGOTBASS

Sorry guys, I've been on vacation and haven't been online much but you already know I'm down.
@Drakonian you see this man is a leader an also has been the recipient of @nwo s bashing I would destroy drackonian offline, the only reason he beats me online is lag.

Keeping private videos of sessions showing people shit on the under acting like you beat people.

@Drakonian is the homie, @nwo is a complete fraud umk3 player from beginning to end, but his voice is cut the fuck off if he doesnt show up. No more excuses about beer and being drunk and online doesnt count ect.

Trying to bash somone for putting up a G so people can go have a good time.

nwo

Noob
@Drakonian you see this man is a leader an also has been the recipient of @nwo s bashing I would destroy drackonian offline, the only reason he beats me online is lag.

Keeping private videos of sessions showing people shit on the under acting like you beat people.

@Drakonian is the homie, @nwo is a complete fraud umk3 player from beginning to end, but his voice is cut the fuck off if he doesnt show up. No more excuses about beer and being drunk and online doesnt count ect.

Trying to bash somone for putting up a G so people can go have a good time.
I have no videos of @Drakonian, only what is already on YouTube and he said I could post. He is a good player and I wish him luck.

This is a Bass sponsored event and I will not be attending, get over it and move the fuck on.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I really want to go, but I doubt I'll be able to make it. I'll be risking almost as much as the payout to play a game I don't even play anymore against like 10 players. Not trying to be a dick about it but that's the truth. And that's not even factoring in me having to train my ass off for only 2 months while working full time and dealing with my own issues. Something like this may be possible in the future, but this tournament specifically, is highly unlikely I'll be able to attend.

Platinum Shinobi

Top Quality Ninja
I might be able to attend this.. how far is ohio from nevada? And can will we be able to use a ps3 controller? Oh and I need to be able to control my character with the dpad and both joysticks. For buffering my moves. And hopefully we can all cfg are buttons. My run and block is a little different.

I really want to go, but I doubt I'll be able to make it. I'll be risking almost as much as the payout to play a game I don't even play anymore against like 10 players. Not trying to be a dick about it but that's the truth. And that's not even factoring in me having to train my ass off for only 2 months while working full time and dealing with my own issues. Something like this may be possible in the future, but this tournament specifically, is highly unlikely I'll be able to attend.
There are a myriad of players that you could play from here, whether it be on live or Mame. I mean I'm far from what someone would consider a "top player", but I bet I could at least be a good punching bag for your training, however you need to do it. I'd even go out and get an Xbox 360 and download arcade collection just so we could get some games in on a regular basis since you can't always play on someone else's laptop.
I work full-time, have kids, and the fiancé. I somehow manage to find free time, not taking time from any of the above, to get games in.

MRIGOTBASS

I might be able to attend this.. how far is ohio from nevada? And can will we be able to use a ps3 controller? Oh and I need to be able to control my character with the dpad and both joysticks. For buffering my moves. And hopefully we can all cfg are buttons. My run and block is a little different.
Cuz i think if you showed up, the would even let you hook up a foot pedal if u wanted to as well.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
AFAIK, you're not allowed to map multiple moves to different buttons, because that creates some broken shit. Aka super easy instant air fireballs.

dubson

Noob
I thought you said you live in Washington ?

Trikke , you live in Italy. I'm here in Washington. Very slow connection.

ddy_08

Noob

Maybe I'll go :)

MRIGOTBASS

Maybe I'll go :)
Awesome, Eddie is a quality player for sure, you should go, you will do well.

Hey @nwo remember going nuts about @ddy_08 when he beat you bad as fuck with SONYA none the less LOL, and you said it was because he lagged LOL.

He's going.

All of the people you call laggers are all willing to go.

I am going to keep pointing out everyone that you ever have discredited because they are laggers, and feel free to call me on the table on any claim and I will post chat logs hoe.

Platinum Shinobi

Top Quality Ninja
Not really a tourney if we can't play using are own controls. Me and infinite-number are too broken play I guess lol. And iafb are difficult on the dpad. Its perfect with the joystick.