What's new

[Feb 20, 2016] Get it in Ohio - UMK3 Tournament - $1000 to 1st Place! (Cincinnati, OH)

MRIGOTBASS

Not really a tourney if we can't play using are own controls. Me and infinite-number are too broken play I guess lol. And iafb are difficult on the dpad. Its perfect with the joystick.
You get 1 input per directional, you get 1 input per HP LP HK LK RUN BLK

You can assign those buttons to whatever you want, 1 button per input.

Multiple inputs cannot be assigned to 1 button.

Inputs can not be assigned to Multiple buttons.

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I kind of want to go just to finally meet some of you guys, hang out, and talk about all things MK. I really wouldn't stand a chance in the tournament, in my opinion, but I'd definitely participate if it ends up happening. I don't have anything else to do so I can pretty much confirm I can go, so I guess I need to buy a refundable plane ticket if this doesn't come to fruition.

The MK9 Arcade Sticks work on the setups right? We have used with MAME before but not sure if anything has changed.

I have one and I think @lapse138 still has 2 of the 360 versions.

The MK9 Arcade Sticks work on the setups right? We have used with MAME before but not sure if anything has changed.

I have one and I think @lapse138 still has 2 of the 360 versions.
They do work. Hey, are you from Cincy too? I've met Lapse138 and mclovins already. Not sure if you were one of the guys I met playing on a Friday night at arcade legacy bar?

They do work. Hey, are you from Cincy too? I've met Lapse138 and mclovins already. Not sure if you were one of the guys I met playing on a Friday night at arcade legacy bar?
From Cincy but we haven't met yet. I don't play much besides the random nights out but will pot monster it for sure - I'm used to losing ;)

Platinum Shinobi

Top Quality Ninja
Infinite number uses the joysticks to play aswell. How is this a tournament if we can't play are own way. So what if we need the dpad and both sticks. Not our fault we like to use buffers. And I hardly drop iafb with the joystick.

Infinite number uses the joysticks to play aswell. How is this a tournament if we can't play are own way. So what if we need the dpad and both sticks. Not our fault we like to use buffers. And I hardly drop iafb with the joystick.
This is going to be on Mame not PSN, so PSN control don't apply.
@Shock @Juggs feel free to weigh in.
We are absolutely not sleighting any players

YourMKArcadeSource

Your Source For All Things MK Arcade Related
I am also concerned about the format. I am a stick player. Am I expected to use a pad if my opponent is a pad player? And vice/versa? How is this going to be addressed? It may have already been. I admittedly haven't read through all the posts.

I am also concerned about the format. I am a stick player. Am I expected to use a pad if my opponent is a pad player? And vice/versa? How is this going to be addressed? It may have already been. I admittedly haven't read through all the posts.
You're absolutely free to plug-in any controller you would like, pad, stick, keyboard… But like anything else, one input per button, one button per input. You can bring a stick to Mame, but you can't bring a pad to a cab ( unless you're Tim static)

Platinum Shinobi

Top Quality Ninja
If we can't use the dpad and both Joysticks then maybe glitch jabs should be banned in this tournament. Nobody should have an advantage.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Using DPad and Analog for movement is cheating. Some people like to have an extra LK or whatever binded to an unused button. This is also cheating.

I don't care what anyone says, or feels is fair "today", you have to go back to the original way the game was meant to be played and use it as a constitution of sorts, and that's on the arcade, with one stick and 6 buttons. If you have any more than one set of directional inputs, or more than 6 buttons representing all the individual buttons, you're cheating. This btw, does not apply to say, the Human Smoke code, where certain keyboard layouts make it impossible to select him, so a Human Smoke button is OK but cannot be used in the tournament as a button. The rationale is that you need to be able to select your character and your controller shouldn't prevent that if you have the buttons, the limit is something outside the scope of the game. I would also suggest no mid round switching from Robot to Human Smoke if that hasn't been.

@Platinum Shinobi The reason Arcade collection allows both is because it's a console port and they are simply there, they aren't thinking about tournament play rules, and they probably have to allow the analogs for system functionality anyway.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Using DPad and Analog for movement is cheating. Some people like to have an extra LK or whatever binded to an unused button. This is also cheating.

I don't care what anyone says, or feels is fair "today", you have to go back to the original way the game was meant to be played and use it as a constitution of sorts, and that's on the arcade, with one stick and 6 buttons. If you have any more than one set of directional inputs, or more than 6 buttons representing all the individual buttons, you're cheating. This btw, does not apply to say, the Human Smoke code, where certain keyboard layouts make it impossible to select him, so a Human Smoke button is OK but cannot be used in the tournament as a button. The rationale is that you need to be able to select your character and your controller shouldn't prevent that if you have the buttons, the limit is something outside the scope of the game. I would also suggest no mid round switching from Robot to Human Smoke if that hasn't been.

@Platinum Shinobi The reason Arcade collection allows both is because it's a console port and they are simply there, they aren't thinking about tournament play rules, and they probably have to allow the analogs for system functionality anyway.
As @Killer Cam Whitmore and @Shock said, it's cheating. If you've been playing like this online, you haven't been playing by the tournament standard rules, aka you've been cheating. Which is fine online, it's just casuals, and you probably didn't even know since it's like that by default on MKAK.

And everyone can glitch jab, so why would they be banned? And how can you ban them anyway, lol? @Platinum Shinobi

Platinum Shinobi

Top Quality Ninja
That can't be cheating. Its in the game. Glitch jabs are considered cheating. When i told infinite number we cant use the joysticks to buffer are moves , he laughed. I can still play using just the dpad but just in case id like to buffer theres joysticks. And two hps or lks i can understand being cheap but another movement stick? Pfft. Ill stick to online.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That can't be cheating. Its in the game. Glitch jabs are considered cheating. When i told infinite number we cant use the joysticks to buffer are moves , he laughed. I can still play using just the dpad but just in case id like to buffer theres joysticks. And two hps or lks i can understand being cheap but another movement stick? Pfft. Ill stick to online.
It's not "in the game", it's in only specific versions of the game. It's not possible on the original version of the game, the arcade version. Glitch Jabs are possible on all versions of the game (except TE, lol), and they're possible in the arcade version. If you have to use a handicap, stay online, you wouldn't win offline anyway.

Platinum Shinobi

Top Quality Ninja
Buffering has always been a part of umk3?. And sikee haha maybe you wouldn't win offline. The only competition at this tournament is gonna be nodoubt and bass if he even went.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I've changed my mind, I'll go if @Platinum Shinobi goes and I'll allow him to cheat vs me if he must. Or at least we can have a ft10 where he can use it. If I win 10-0 you have to quit UMK3 forever. If you win more than 1 game, I'll give you $100 on the spot. AND I'll quit forever. Deal?

So basically, I have to win 10, you only have to win 2.

Platinum Shinobi

Top Quality Ninja
I should be able to win 2 games without "cheating" but I found out ohio is far from nevada so i couldn't come anyways. Maybe in the future when one is closer.

MRIGOTBASS

I've changed my mind, I'll go if @Platinum Shinobi goes and I'll allow him to cheat vs me if he must. Or at least we can have a ft10 where he can use it. If I win 10-0 you have to quit UMK3 forever. If you win more than 1 game, I'll give you $100 on the spot. AND I'll quit forever. Deal?

So basically, I have to win 10, you only have to win 2.
A Career Match, I have seen it happen before, Sawns beat Trigavelli for his career LOL.

I also firmly believe im sure that @Shock will not agree but Keyboards should also be banned from any real competitive play or any other device that lest 2 opposite directionals to be held at the same time B/F U/D. The stick on the cab doesnt work like this and it also enables cheating.

@Platinum Shinobi dude I have played you, you are ok, we chatted, you told me about your homie getting shot, you didnt win 1 game, stop playing with 2 sets of controls and concentrate on 1.

@Juggs Its $200 flight and @tehdrewsus will let u stay at his crib, its a nice suburban home, it even has a Porte-cochère so the sun won't hit you dude.

dubson

Noob
Buffering has always been a part of umk3?. And sikee haha maybe you wouldn't win offline. The only competition at this tournament is gonna be nodoubt and bass if he even went.
@Juggs This guy is a butthurt ass dude who is a waste of your time but you should still go.

and @Platinum Shinobi There's gonna be much kompetition for you Junior, IDK why you think you can decide who the kompetition is LOL.

Feel Free to add me back on your friends list Butthurt Ass dude if you wanna get that ass Tapped.

Last time me and this dude played I won 7 out of 8, he squeezed a win in on my Jax (which is one of my worst characters) with his Human Smoke.

He started bitching about me using glitch jabs and he stopped playing. He started picking characters and just walking forward and walking around. Not playing.

Wasting my time n shit. I dipped out and went and played @ComboMaster7 because I wanted to get some quality games in with a good player who doesn't bitch about shit.

He got butthurt that I didn't wanna adhere to how HE wants me to play the game and that I wanted to play some real games with a dude who doesn't get Salty and Bitch so he removed me from his friends list. LOL.

And your connection is absolute Dog Shit. How dare you call out @ClevelandMenace..JAX WINS connection, or anyone's for that matter. His is much better than yours. You have one of the Worst connections on PSN, straight up.

Last edited: