What's new

[Feb 20, 2016] Get it in Ohio - UMK3 Tournament - $1000 to 1st Place! (Cincinnati, OH)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If you don't like GJ's, either don't play or play TE. It's pretty simple.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I may be able to ride with a friend of mine, he's from Cincy and has family there. Nothing official yet.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
How will the bracket(s) be handled and who will do them?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Figured on using challonge to keep them, can write them out as well on a bigger chart?
I'm open to that idea. What are you thinking?
Well I'm curious who'd be deciding the round 1 matches. Like seeding. Will past tournaments be taken into account? Will there be regional seeding? Etc

Well I'm curious who'd be deciding the round 1 matches. Like seeding. Will past tournaments be taken into account? Will there be regional seeding? Etc
I was going to randomize it honestly. Challonge can do that or draw names out manually.
How long has it been since there was a meaningful offline non TE event? Don't think we can seed from past events.
I think random is the way to go.

dubson

Noob
It should be random dude. Draw names out of a hat in front of the whole tournament right before it starts with 2 people drawing/picking names or whatever, if you have to.

Why would past tournaments be taken into account? lol

Anyways I may not even be able to go now, but I should figure it out near the end of the week.

Last edited:

dubson

Noob
Because that's how every single legitimate tournament is ran? lol
You think that is done in every single "legitimate" tournament...

You went to one tournament like 6 years ago and got 4th place, and this is a tournament with like 13 people. Are you even being serious?

You went to one tournament like 6 years ago and got 4th place, and this is a tournament with like 13 people. Are you even being serious?
@Drakonian won both online tournaments I held last year so I guess he's #1
But no really. It will be totally random, seeding based on offline finishes going back 5+ years is irrelevant.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Seeding happens in every single legitimate tournament. This isn't my opinion, it's a fact. The tournament I went to is irrelevant, I didn't mention it, you did. I simply asked about seeding and how the brackets were going to be handled. I also asked about regional seeding. Drew said he is just going to randomize it, so I honestly have no idea why you even responded especially if you're not even going anymore, lol.

Seeding happens in every single legitimate tournament. This isn't my opinion, it's a fact. The tournament I went to is irrelevant, I didn't mention it, you did. I simply asked about seeding and how the brackets were going to be handled. I also asked about regional seeding. Drew said he is just going to randomize it, so I honestly have no idea why you even responded especially if you're not even going anymore, lol.
I really think random is the way to go man. Like I said there hasn't been a big offline umk tournament in years and I'm not sure who's coming that's been to any.
i may. MAY. try regional but 90% sure gonna randomize. It's fair. We can use the finishing order of this tourney to seed the next :)
Because there will be more.

dubson

Noob
Really dude? Past tournament and regional seeding? I'm not going to waste anymore time typing back to you on this because your being absolutely absurd.

And when will you know if your going?

NoDoubt

nasty
If this tourney is only players who've RSVP here, it'll b the smallest one iv ever attended. lol. thought comic con last time would have been

it would also b the first original umk version tourny in about 3 years. Last one for me was brawl early 2013.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I really think random is the way to go man. Like I said there hasn't been a big offline umk tournament in years and I'm not sure who's coming that's been to any.
i may. MAY. try regional but 90% sure gonna randomize. It's fair. We can use the finishing order of this tourney to seed the next :)
Because there will be more.
I'm fine with random. I wasn't saying it should be seeded. I asked if it was, then when someone responds condescendingly asking why I would even ask such a thing, that's why I said every legitimate tournament does, thus it was a valid question.

I'm all for random, I just wanted to know beforehand. As long as we do it in front of each other, like drawing names or whatever, I'm down.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If this tourney is only players who've RSVP here, it'll b the smallest one iv ever attended. lol. thought comic con last time would have been

it would also b the first original umk version tourny in about 3 years. Last one for me was brawl early 2013.
If I can make it I'm bringing a friend and also possibly my brother. They aren't competitive players but they'll probably enter to help support it.

MRIGOTBASS

First of all @tehdrewsus is participating in the event as a player as well, he should not be seeding anything.

I completely agree that it should be seeded, however it has to be fair.

The only way for this to be fair, with no complainers and to drill down the seeding should be as follows.

Online MAME only Qualifier tournament the weekend of Feb 6th for seeding purposes, that gives people 3 weeks to practice.

If you cannot make it, dont have mame, or whatever excuse then you will be randomly seeded after the players that chose to participate in the QUALIFYING online event.

Seeds will follow the order of the results, and any in person sign ups will just fill out the numbers.

Totally fair, problem solved.

Lol no I know there are decent players around Cincy that aren't on tym that are coming