What's new

[Feb 20, 2016] Get it in Ohio - UMK3 Tournament - $1000 to 1st Place! (Cincinnati, OH)

It's all about button counts. I mean, some people have different style gates for sticks, but they still have 4 inputs to be activated. There shouldn't be this much thought going into this. Post 90s, UMK3 tournaments have been run since 2001 with the biggest issue being character lock and smoke changing between rounds.
What's happened here is that we've been giving a punk kid the time of day, which is way more than he deserves. I'll take the blame for that one, my bad.

Platinum Shinobi

Top Quality Ninja
So why can't you do the walking spear on mame? If you have a pad just point the right stick forward and back back lp on dpad. Is buffering not on mame?

mkholic

Noob
Crouching spins and iafs absolutely. As long as you keep the stick down, down-back to down-forward will get a spin out. Haven't tried a spear. And I'm bad with arcade controls but I can get iafs out with ease. Not as easily as with a pad though :)
that's what i figured
in the light of this claiming to ban KB players seems even more absurd
whatever the rules are i hope the turnout is good and nothing gets in the way, so looking forward to the stream

Professor_Rouse

Local player only
I gotta think about going. Don't have anything to practice on and I'm working on things. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Really don't know yet but I will let you guys know soon.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
@nwo and I verified on keyboard and pad that walking spears DO NOT work on mame.
Ducking spears and spins, as true to cabinet, do work
MAME has built in multidirectional prevention. People complained about this like 10 years ago and we proved that Nightwolf could not prevent throws and buffer a tackle.

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
Largest prize ever in UMK3 history, Loads of people for years claiming they are the best offline. Not 1 person has RSVP for this event LOL.

Maybe time to reevaluate the situation.

Its not going to be a free $1000 bux, if by Jan 15th we don't get 10 committed players, I am withdrawing the sponsorship of the event.

@tehdrewsus @nwo @NoDoubt @Shock @Tim Static @Juggs @dubson @Drakonian
I hear you. Last year I ran the biggest UMK3 tournament ever (in Colombia), biggest prize as well. I told people I would only give the full prize if 16 people entered the tournament. I ended up running a 32-man tournament. Not even in 2005 (one of the best times for the game-scene wise) we had that amount of playes. Don't give up the hope. Maybe more exposure is needed?

Trikke.91

Noob Saibot
I think this will be a great tournament . I would like to participate . pity that I can not. and then I just use the joystick .

NoDoubt

nasty
Sp1c unit going. he can't sign in waiting on password reminder on account from here so it's another one to the list

yeah not sure why my post was deleted but it's pretty weak, straight up

people bein too strict in here
I look forward to seeing you there bro.

I *COULD* bring my PS3 but IDK if there's any real interest in platform specific games or whatever for money matches.

dubson

Noob
I look forward to seeing you there bro.

I *COULD* bring my PS3 but IDK if there's any real interest in platform specific games or whatever for money matches.
i agree that there probably won't be interest in MKAK, which is why i posted that and invited them (or anyone that wants to play MKAK and doesn't like to play MAME) to come, so that they know they CAN come and if they do or if people want, a set-up can be brought so they can play MKAK and have their "buffering" lol.

i mean there's still gonna be chillin and casuals, and side games n shit so....

totally tournament related and unreal to delete it, yet his post up there about how they will attend the next one if buffering is allowed is still up.

mods takin shit too strictly yet aren't even dealing with shit properly.

Huh... Is this going to be an actual tournament or one of those "standing HPs holding block" tournaments? Plus would I have to travel to spectate or will it be streamed?
Standing and punching the air doesn't win tournaments. Not knowing how to adapt loses tournaments.
However, I don't know of any players that will be at the tournament that just stand there punching air. I sure hope Kara canceling is OK? LOL

It will be streamed, but of course you're more than welcome to come out and play

Reactions: nwo