What's new

Fatal Blows Should Put Opponents on Last Breath Instead of Killing Them

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
^Topic

I'm all for having Fatal Blows in the game, but I do think they're a little too rewarding for how they're gained. The end of a round would be much more deliberate and balanced if Fatal Blows put opponents on their last breath instead of killing them.

My .02

Last edited:

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I think that fatal blows shouldn't kill you IF you aren't in fatal blow range. If opponent 1 has 35 percent, I don't think they should die before they get the chance to do their fatal blow. I think, however, this is or has been addressed.

However, an opponent coming back and killing an opponent using a fatal blow is fine.

HAMMER

Noob
These "Fatal Blows" are the worst.

Why?

The animation is long AF, repetitive (everything is, but some things are just worse than others), and the worst: ALWAYS in-play.

At least X-Rays weren't always an option since it was connected to the meter and not often filled to the max.

There's no drawback to the Fatal Blows because you don't lose your meter.

I suck at this game right now, and yes, I know: "Block, then it's your turn." But I'm already tired of seeing these from my perspective and the CPU!!

I don't think the should change the damage though. They should kill.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Using a Fatal Blow should USE your Fatal Blow. I don't give a fuck if you miss it or it gets blocked. Being able to access it again after failing with it is pretty stupid. Might as well just lob it out there for shits at the end of a round if it's close. Right Now Fatal Blows remind me of those claw machines that guarantee prizes just for playing. Stupid.

Thingy

Retired account
I do feel Fatal Blows need to be adjusted. At the least, only allow one attempt per round, or reduce the damage a bit on all of them. As they are, it is way too strong. Ideally, it would be best to allow you to have one attempt per match. But if NRS see's fit to leave it as is, I am good with that. Just gotta be patient when you see that fatal blow available for the opponent.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I think that fatal blows shouldn't kill you IF you aren't in fatal blow range. If opponent 1 has 35 percent, I don't think they should die before they get the chance to do their fatal blow. I think, however, this is or has been addressed.

However, an opponent coming back and killing an opponent using a fatal blow is fine.
This was honestly my only complaint from the beta. They might have fixed it because I haven’t noticed it in the full game yet.

I think that fatal blows shouldn't kill you IF you aren't in fatal blow range. If opponent 1 has 35 percent, I don't think they should die before they get the chance to do their fatal blow.
So basically nerf fatal blows to only 30% max damage across the board? that way if your in FB range it will kill, but technically you'll have the chance to do yours.

Gaxkang

Banned
I agree fatal blows are dumb, but this isn’t the best solution. Reduce damage and make them unsafe and we should be good.
I could go for that.

Right now it changes the fight so much...it can feel like a win button. When they get it I have to back off. If they miss I have to try real hard to finish them off before it comes back.

So much damage and unpunishable. But I think like Erron Black's hits from across the screen...how could that be made punishable?

Fatal Blows can be stuffed but it's not really clear how or if one can do that at will really.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Just get better at doing the 3 defender buff and the fatal blows will do less damage. That is, of course, if the attacker doesn’t get their attack buffs as well to cancel it out. A lot of people still don’t know this feature exists so take advantage of it!

I actually really like the mind game created by the damage FBs currently do. It makes it so that, if you play it just perfectly, you can skip right over your opponent’s FB window, but anything less and they’ll get the chance to do theirs, and vice versa. It really raises the stakes and tension toward the close of a fight and rewards cautious, intelligent play over mindless pressure.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Just get better at doing the 3 defender buff and the fatal blows will do less damage. That is, of course, if the attacker doesn’t get their attack buffs as well to cancel it out. A lot of people still don’t know this feature exists so take advantage of it!
What is this??

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
What makes this different from comeback mechanics in other fighting games? Bait and punish. Maybe im having an easier time because i have a 9f mid though

They don’t need to be changed. There’s nothing wrong with having to play more patient/cautious when your opponent has their comeback mechanic available. Heightened tension at the close of a match is much better than the opposite.

Gaxkang

Banned
What makes this different from comeback mechanics in other fighting games? Bait and punish. Maybe im having an easier time because i have a 9f mid though
Well Break Blow can get stuffed pretty often in DOA6. In Soul Calibur 6 raw supers get stuffed a lot. Tekken 7 is more about baiting out but they can stuffed there too a bit easy too.

Fatal Blow seems...a bit stronger. Is less like being more cautious to like, better not do anything at all and hope you can bait it out and finish the fight before it comes back.

At least people only get one a fight heh.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I love how Fatal Blows work. They offer a once in a lifetime comeback factor for tight matches where one player may gain the upper hand for a slight bit. It saved my hide a few times already. It also makes people cautious when the opponent is in that health range and so are themselves.

It's good for the game in my opinion.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I don’t understand this can someone explain lol

DarkSado

Noob
Well Break Blow can get stuffed pretty often in DOA6. In Soul Calibur 6 raw supers get stuffed a lot. Tekken 7 is more about baiting out but they can stuffed there too a bit easy too.

Fatal Blow seems...a bit stronger. Is less like being more cautious to like, better not do anything at all and hope you can bait it out and finish the fight before it comes back.

At least people only get one a fight heh.
fatal blow can be stuff easily as well