What's new

Fatal Blows Should Put Opponents on Last Breath Instead of Killing Them

Fatal blows are stupid. It makes late gameplay so ridiculous. In SF4 you never had to worry about ultras like you do fatal blows. Right now they have a "why not" feel when they should have a "should i?" Feel

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Fatal blows are stupid. It makes late gameplay so ridiculous. In SF4 you never had to worry about ultras like you do fatal blows. Right now they have a "why not" feel when they should have a "should i?" Feel
SF also has a Why Not feel at the level corresponding to where the current meta on MK11 is. Trust me, it will reach the "should I" level once the meta is more matured.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I think fatal blows should do exactly 30% across the board and with no QTE.
The reason why this is not a viable option is that different character skillsets require different types of startups.
The meta will sort FBs out and the more OP ones will be dealt with don't you worry.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
The reason why this is not a viable option is that different character skillsets require different types of startups.
The meta will sort FBs out and the more OP ones will be dealt with don't you worry.
I’m not saying they should have the same start up, just the same damage. And I think they should do 30% so they only kill if the opponent also has fatal blow (unless in a combo ofc)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It’s not really much of a comeback mechanic if it doesn’t kill. Even if it takes both of your defensive bars, one hit blocked will kill you so what would be the point exactly? I think it’s fine the way it is.

I say leave the mechanic as is but make them unsafe and increase the recharge time. Also the armor of some of them seem inconsistent but haven't taken the time to lab it.

HAMMER

Noob
I think fatal blows should do exactly 30% across the board and with no QTE.
That sounds boring.

Fighting games are better with diversity in moves, damage, and character strength/weakness.

Imagine all combos doing the same damage, boring!!

They shouldn't be safe.

They're bullshit in many ways, but fix the issue if them being safe for no reason and then it's not so bad.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
That sounds boring.

Fighting games are better with diversity in moves, damage, and character strength/weakness.

Imagine all combos doing the same damage, boring!!
It’s not all combos it’s just one, and it will do different damage if combo’d into. And they’ll have different into’s. I don’t think one character having 2% more damage fatal blow than another makes it more exciting. All throws and d2s do the same damage, and have the same or very similar frames and start up animations. Do you think they should be completely different for each character two?

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
I don’t understand this can someone explain lol
I think he's referring to the yellow shields that come up when pressing 3 during a hit within the fatal blow.

If you press 3 when you're getting hit in the fatal blow 'cut scene', a yellow shield appears under the defenders health. And if the attacker presses X during the fatal blow, you see a red skull

Elias6999

Mournful Master
I think he's referring to the yellow shields that come up when pressing 3 during a hit within the fatal blow.

If you press 3 when you're getting hit in the fatal blow 'cut scene', a yellow shield appears under the defenders health. And if the attacker presses X during the fatal blow, you see a red skull
and if i time them right i will receive less damage?

Hold on some of these suggestions are getting scrubby. Honestly the realest solution would've been to give them the tekken 7 rage art solution. Some of you say they do to much when you can already literally decrease or increase the amount they do. Some of you say they should cost meter so you literally want to revert them back to x-rays where you'll rarely see them.

Wallach

Noob
My main issues with Fatal Blows are:

* They are so goddamn long on hit. Get us back into the match already, half the time the round isn't concluded by this attack. Some of them are longer than Fatalities.

* They are too safe on whiff or block at the moment. These should be like -25 or so on block and have more whiff recovery; totally trivial to punish. I don't mind the player not totally losing access to Fatal Blow altogether and just getting a cooldown (so if it isn't the final round they have another chance next round), but there should be a generous punish window to where if you do mis-use your Fatal Blow it will often cost you the rest of your health.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Either make them unsafe or make it so that if it whiffs or is blocked you can no longer do one in the round. Would still keep the tension but would also punish people for missing them.

FBs are like my least favorite part of the game right now. It just seems really boring at the end of the match with people turtling and just waiting for a move to stuff with FBs. Maybe that will change with time though.

grandabx

The Flameater
From now on, Fatal Blow will be called the MK-Blueshell.

Last Breath is useless as well since normal attacks do chip.

Dealing arbitrary mechanics in 2019 in a game "claiming" to be about neutral and skill. You're supposed to block when being attacked. Why are you being punished for it?

MK just doesn't have the right system to make chip kill work. Screw neutral, just make them block (again, what they're supposed to do) and it's over. No opening them up needed. Let's not even talk about DOT damage while on a pixel of life. lol!

I mean... If you're both below 30 percent health... I think that qualifies as a "should I" moment, right? Plus x-ray and all those killed in the previous games I think

BolverkGTM

Dad Beard Connoisseur
Fatal blows are fine, honestly. If they didn't lose to meaties, I might have an issue with them. But if I can meaty someone all day to deny them a wake-up fatal blow, I can live with that. If anything, make it easier to punish on block.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I mean... If you're both below 30 percent health... I think that qualifies as a "should I" moment, right? Plus x-ray and all those killed in the previous games I think
X-rays and Supers cost full meter, so not only could you not do one again if you missed or it was blocked, you now had no meter for breakers or EX specials. FBs are 10X better than supers and especially X-rays.