What's new

Fall 2012 USA PS3 UMK3 Tournament - COMPLETED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
lol so much love in the air :)

Hey MKillBill, we should let the Canada guys join and see what happens. It's not like it will be a big big issue, alot of Canada has fiber optic and decent internet. If it's an issue we don't do it again, but I vote we at least give it a chance before we rule them out. I have a good connection with Skateblind in England, better than alot of U.S. players I connect to actually, and I play people in Canada on MK9 all the time too, no problems. Whadayasay?
US-Canada connections are either hit or miss. We can give it a shot one time, but if it doesn't work then we won't allow it again. And yes, the reason for region-locking these tournaments is to prevent massive lag. If Euro players want to join the fun, we can create a separate tourney just for them.

In other news, we now have 7 people signed up so we just need one more commitment for this tourney to be a go.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
US-Canada connections are either hit or miss. We can give it a shot one time, but if it doesn't work then we won't allow it again. And yes, the reason for region-locking these tournaments is to prevent massive lag. If Euro players want to join the fun, we can create a separate tourney just for them.

In other news, we now have 7 people signed up so we just need one more commitment for this tourney to be a go.
@Weedoshi wanted to join
Thanks for the invite/message arez, but it seems nobody outside of the USA can play again. I don't see what the big deal is anyway, it is just a game and a fun little tournament.
Maybe we can talk MKillBill into giving out one WildCard entrant and you can have it since your connection is beast lol

Each new tourney the Wildcard can go to a different region or something maybe. Just some ideas to throw around.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Maybe we can talk MKillBill into giving out one WildCard entrant and you can have it since your connection is beast lol

Each new tourney the Wildcard can go to a different region or something maybe. Just some ideas to throw around.
I'm sorry, but I (and I'm sure many of the others) refuse to play a serious match when there will be inevitable (horrid) lag. Nothing against skateblind or any other Euro players, but it just isn't possible at this time.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Why not hold it on MAME which is not only superior but everyone can play on it.
We tried that earlier this year and the turnout was even LESS if you can believe that. I stuck with console-based versions of the game because there is no software to download, configure, setup, plus there are not multiple versions to worry about with conflicts. PS3/XBL is less mess. We can try MAME again after this one if there is enough interest.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Where's the number 8 I have no other option but to post on my twitter. Please everyone do the same.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Still looking for an 8th competitor by the end of Friday evening or else this tournament will be cancelled.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Ok I sign up for this, hopeful its for free? Awesome
Alright you're in. Please make sure you continue to check this thread for updates, brackets, etc. Tournament is at 7pm Eastern tomorrow. I see you are from Tennessee so you should be there at 6pm your time.

We now have 8 people, so this tournament is officially on. Signups will still be accepted through the end of the evening.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
When you enter the chatroom, do the following:
1. Enter your username
2. Wait for the room to load
3. Once room appears, enter the following text then hit enter (without quotes)
"/join #UMK3"

Reminder.... the tournament begins at...
7pm Eastern time
6pm Central time
5pm Mountain time
4pm Pacific time

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Problem just arose, i was supposed to get off at 5 today but now since my co worker called off i will be working till 8 :( this literally just happened :(