What's new

Fall 2012 USA PS3 UMK3 Tournament - COMPLETED

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
here again. add me Bill

DemoniChris fugee don skateblind cyusstrike

I think there's something more to it than that. I promote it on status updates, I make posts on the site news threads, yet only a couple people even acknowledge it. I realize there is a larger contingent of players on XBL, but there are certainly AT LEAST 8 PSN guys out there to help run this.
I just posted it on MKU and messaged all my friends on PSN. Maybe we should try TRMK and promote it on more sites.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I think there's something more to it than that. I promote it on status updates, I make posts on the site news threads, yet only a couple people even acknowledge it. I realize there is a larger contingent of players on XBL, but there are certainly AT LEAST 8 PSN guys out there to help run this.
what I meant was on the home page for TYM. if there was a box that had like "Sign up for the upcoming UMK3 tournament", then people would know. but I never see anything on the home page except news about the new MK games. lots of people still play the old ones. granted MKAK is a piece of shit and freezes up every time you play, but the concept is great- MK1 MK2 and UMK3 are the 3 best MKs in the series. it's nice having them all together despite MKAK's problems. MKillBill you do a lot to promote the tournaments, but info on the main page would save you alot of time and emails.

Do people play this on PSN? lol
I don't get it. Am I missing something? Of course people play umk3 on psn. Did you think that
mkak on psn didn't include umk3? No, the people that play it are probably not on your level if that's what you were thinking.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I'm really drunk right now, but i'm pretty sure you've disrespected the whole idea of this tournament twice already. Thanks for your support.
You're right. Sharing my tournament predictions is really disrespectful. Wait a minute, doesn't everyone do that for nearly every tournament? Oh, okay, just making sure I wasn't the one who was drunk.

You're right. Sharing my tournament predictions is really disrespectful. Wait a minute, doesn't everyone do that for nearly every tournament? Oh, okay, just making sure I wasn't the one who was drunk.
If you say so. I'm sure you'll come up with some way to spin the comment about psn too.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If you say so. I'm sure you'll come up with some way to spin the comment about psn too.
There's nothing to spin. You just, for some reason, think I'm trying to be negative in some way. I can't make you not think a certain way, that's on you.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I'm really drunk right now, but i'm pretty sure you've disrespected the whole idea of this tournament twice already. Thanks for your support.
lol so much love in the air :)

Hey MKillBill, we should let the Canada guys join and see what happens. It's not like it will be a big big issue, alot of Canada has fiber optic and decent internet. If it's an issue we don't do it again, but I vote we at least give it a chance before we rule them out. I have a good connection with Skateblind in England, better than alot of U.S. players I connect to actually, and I play people in Canada on MK9 all the time too, no problems. Whadayasay?

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
lol so much love in the air :)

Hey MKillBill, we should let the Canada guys join and see what happens. It's not like it will be a big big issue, alot of Canada has fiber optic and decent internet. If it's an issue we don't do it again, but I vote we at least give it a chance before we rule them out. I have a good connection with Skateblind in England, better than alot of U.S. players I connect to actually, and I play people in Canada on MK9 all the time too, no problems. Whadayasay?
it would be nice to have guys like Phobaphobia in the tournament. but if I lag with him living in Wisconsin, I'm sure it'd be much worse for people in Cali or Florida. he lives in Nova Scotia I think? in general, I have fast connections with Canadian players, so I understand what you're saying.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
it would be nice to have guys like Phobaphobia in the tournament. but if I lag with him living in Wisconsin, I'm sure it'd be much worse for people in Cali or Florida. he lives in Nova Scotia I think? in general, I have fast connections with Canadian players, so I understand what you're saying.
I don't think you have a good connection in general lol we lagged pretty bad, I thought you were all the way in California when we played. I think you need to get an ethernet cable and hardwire lol. If I can play Skateblind in England w/ almost no lag, I think you can trouble-shoot a little bit for more enjoyable experience.

UMK3 is like riding a bike. You will never suck at it once you get to a certain level, even if you take years off of it.
I'm in. Thanks for lettin me know AREZ God of War
lol my money is on Chris :).....especially cuz I always forget there's a run-button and I use F,F to dash instead :( lmao

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I don't think you have a good connection in general lol we lagged pretty bad, I thought you were all the way in California when we played. I think you need to get an ethernet cable and hardwire lol. If I can play Skateblind in England w/ almost no lag, I think you can trouble-shoot a little bit for more enjoyable experience.
I just hardwired a few days ago, seemed to help. but Phobaphobia and I couldn't even connect last night. we tried about 10 times with no luck. I have pretty good internet. I don't remember you and I lagging, I just remember you slaughtering me in UMK3 :eek:

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I just hardwired a few days ago, seemed to help. but Phobaphobia and I couldn't even connect last night. we tried about 10 times with no luck. I have pretty good internet. I don't remember you and I lagging, I just remember you slaughtering me in UMK3 :eek:
I think you actually won in both games tbh lol I don't count, but iirc, you probably had more wins than me lol Send me an invite on MK2 or UMK3 later tonight and we can see if it's smoother now.
My guess is he just has a lousy ISP...possibly still DSL. Suppose we allow Canada players based on a speed-test pending the resulting #s verify the connection as "competent"....

But again, I have a TON of lousy connections in the U.S. as well, so it's about as cut-and-dry as racism or sexism in that manner....as in there's assholes in every race and sex, you can't exclude and entire group for that reason. There's laggers everywhere, regardless of location. I say we give it a try. It's for the kommunity anyway.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I think you actually won in both games tbh lol I don't count, but iirc, you probably had more wins than me lol Send me an invite on MK2 or UMK3 later tonight and we can see if it's smoother now.
no man you're awesome at UMK3, I got about 1 win out of 20. you're thinking of MK2- that's where you won 1 out of 20 vs me. we each dominated the other in our specific MK field :) I'll invite you next time, we'll try!

Thanks for the invite/message arez, but it seems nobody outside of the USA can play again. I don't see what the big deal is anyway, it is just a game and a fun little tournament.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Thanks for the invite/message arez, but it seems nobody outside of the USA can play again. I don't see what the big deal is anyway, it is just a game and a fun little tournament.
well I think Bill was locking it to give the U.S. players a less-frustrating feel , but I'm not convinced that region-locking it will eliminate lag anyway, so I say we try it once and see what happens. I might be like Pig Of The Hut's tournament and bring a new player to the next U.S. tournament for UMK3 and be good for the kommunity hype.