What's new

Fall 2012 USA PS3 UMK3 Tournament - COMPLETED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Congrats to AREZ God of War for winning this tournament!

DATE: Saturday, November 24th, 2012
TIME: 7pm Eastern (4pm Pacific)

Please note - this is a USA PS3 only tournament. If you do not reside in the US, you will not be permitted to enter due to lag concerns. Matches must be played via MKAK.

RULES
  • All matches are best of 5 (first to 3.) You do not need to play all 5 games if one player has already accumulated 3 wins. Winner/Loser finals are best of 7. The championship match will be best of 9.
  • Double elimination
  • All participants will need to access the TYM Chat during tournament play to report their match scores and setup their games with opponents.If you cannot access the TYM Chat during tourney play, you cannot enter the tournament.
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match brackets. We will not send out reminders to players.
  • If connection breaks then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to the chat room IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent. Bear in mind this applies to first round matches.
  • You are permitted to quit on account of lag after the first match if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 2nd match is started you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this ASAP in the chat room in order to get a new opponent. Otherwise, you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you have been previously banned from the Kombat Network, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • All participants will have a 10 minute grace period to show up in the chat room for the start of the tournament. If the player has not arrived by that time, they will be disqualified.
  • Failing to post score results of a match in the chat, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. The staff reserves the right to disqualify a player with or without notice at any time.
  • If a player is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve then the player will receive a bye.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=437266

SIGNUPS (minimum of 8 players required)
1. MKillBill
2. SquirtMcGirt
3. MIKECALDWELL
4. mortal_jason
5. DemoniChris
6. AREZ God of War
7. Edfig81
8. Antlason

RESERVES

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tournament pushed back a week to 11/17/12 so as not to interfere with MLG or the MK2 tournament that same weekend.

I'm a little surprised that not even a single PSN user has signed up for this yet. I know there are a bunch of people out there who play this game across all systems.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Alright, let me pose a question to those of you on PSN who play this game but have not signed up... Why is there such a large following for the MK2 tourney but barely a cricket chirp for this one?

- Date doesn't work for you?
- Not good at the game?
- Don't own MKAK on PS3?

If it's #1, I suspect this would have been brought to my attention much sooner so I doubt that's it. If you don't feel you are good enough to compete, I'm certainly no juggernaut at this game but I've thrown my name into the hat. It can't be that you don't own MKAK because I know quite a few of you do. It's more a matter of showing support for the game; not necessarily to prove who is the best.

Look at it this way... The PSN has never had an organized UMK3 tournament via the KN. This could be a way to discover some unknown diamond players out there we were unaware of. In any event, please reconsider signing up for this.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Added. ggs a few moments ago. Nice to play somebody actually from these forums.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Added. ggs a few moments ago. Nice to play somebody actually from these forums.

Yeah man ggs for sure. Your pretty good. All i got is kabal right now. I wanna learn human and robo smoke and sonya too. Your decent with lots of people. Anytime you want games hit me up. Im really trying to improve at this game.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Yeah man ggs for sure. Your pretty good. All i got is kabal right now. I wanna learn human and robo smoke and sonya too. Your decent with lots of people. Anytime you want games hit me up. Im really trying to improve at this game.
Thanks. I wouldn't say I'm THAT good, but I'm definitely better than I was a couple months ago when I wasn't giving MK my full attention. As far as you go though, if you know Kabal then you stand a good shot to win most tournaments as he's easily #1 or #2 in the tier list depending on who you ask.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Please spread the word. This tournament is scheduled to take place next Saturday and we only have 2 players???

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I know! This games awesome. I'll see if i can get Michaelangelo to play in it. Maybe he knows a few people who would be interested.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I know! This games awesome. I'll see if i can get Michaelangelo to play in it. Maybe he knows a few people who would be interested.
There are a LOT of great UMK3 players on MKAK. I run into them in the lobby on a consistent basis. Just a matter of getting them to signup for the forum and enter.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
The support for this tournament is troubling to say the least. If we don't get at least 8 players by Tuesday then I'll have no choice but to cancel it.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Putting this thing out of its misery right now since I'm 99.9% positive nobody else is going to signup for this. Damn shame.

Tournament cancelled.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
maybe if TYM did a better job of promoting old MK game tournaments, people would join. not that it's your fault KillBill, but everything on the main page is about MK9, so people probably don't know. I'll play sure.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
maybe if TYM did a better job of promoting old MK game tournaments, people would join. not that it's your fault KillBill, but everything on the main page is about MK9, so people probably don't know. I'll play sure.
I think there's something more to it than that. I promote it on status updates, I make posts on the site news threads, yet only a couple people even acknowledge it. I realize there is a larger contingent of players on XBL, but there are certainly AT LEAST 8 PSN guys out there to help run this.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
I think there's something more to it than that. I promote it on status updates, I make posts on the site news threads, yet only a couple people even acknowledge it. I realize there is a larger contingent of players on XBL, but there are certainly AT LEAST 8 PSN guys out there to help run this.
totally, the UMK3 room is usually always busy on MKAK