What's new

Video/Tutorial Face Rearranged!: The Ultimate Wing Evade Guide

After another evening of brews, beats, and Injustice lab work I came across something that makes wing evade even more godlike. When it's paired with a certain few attack strings/normals it grants immunity to pushblocks.

The strings in question:
2~WE
22~WE
3(1-hit)~WE
3~WE
F13~WE (only the 3)
D1~WE (only the tip of the D1)

Practicality is a different subject but I found this to be an interesting find regardless. Bout time I get one of those fly ass Hawky avatars too, pun intended.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
After another evening of brews, beats, and Injustice lab work I came across something that makes wing evade even more godlike. When it's paired with a certain few attack strings/normals it grants immunity to pushblocks.

The strings in question:
2~WE
22~WE
3(1-hit)~WE
3~WE
F13~WE (only the 3)
D1~WE (only the tip of the D1)

Practicality is a different subject but I found this to be an interesting find regardless. Bout time I get one of those fly ass Hawky avatars too, pun intended.
I already knew that and wanted to make a video for it a week or two ago but didn't have time because exams :(.
Some of the starters (like 3(1)) lets you get a we2 for free in the corner, that means a free 40% combo.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Question, should we post the stuff we found about this new "whiff against wakeup" tech thing that works for every chars?
Cause I started working on it a bit with Hawkgirl. 3 we2 works wonder after a sweep.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Boodendorf STORMS Espio Kovu @4x41o80 DanCock
Updated the OP with Part 1 of Hawk-Block: The Ultimate Wing Evade Guide.
haha, your tag for me didn't work. It's ok, my name is hard to spell

The video was well done, it looked very nice. I think you spent a little too long on combos, though. It seemed like you had 9 or 10 combos for WE2. Having a few different combos of different execution levels to chose from is one thing, but when the optimal combo does 27% it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have 4 or 5 combos that do around 20%. Sitting through it got a little bit tedious
The character specific punish part was excellent though, that was exactly the way it should have been done. I await part two

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
haha, your tag for me didn't work. It's ok, my name is hard to spell

The video was well done, it looked very nice. I think you spent a little too long on combos, though. It seemed like you had 9 or 10 combos for WE2. Having a few different combos of different execution levels to chose from is one thing, but when the optimal combo does 27% it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have 4 or 5 combos that do around 20%. Sitting through it got a little bit tedious
The character specific punish part was excellent though, that was exactly the way it should have been done. I await part two
Well I think it's important to establish what is possible after landing a WE(2) since that is primarily the thesis of the video. Thanks for the compliment boo!