What's new

Video/Tutorial Face Rearranged!: The Ultimate Wing Evade Guide

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
MVP for Team Hawkgirl man haha <3.

This is going to be great to explore and learn, getting much bigger damage from string gaps is a huge plus instead of a down 1, love it :).
All credit to Maxintensity for finding this...and I think it's rather easy to do. It's like Jades glow but easier to execute!

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
So does anyone know of any other gaps NOT listed in the other thread?
Batman's b23, you can reversal mace charge/wing evade to avoid the third hit.
If Batman tries to activate his trait immediately after b23, your mace charge will hit him right as he get his trait, you'll cancel his bats :). He can also bait this with an armored b3 (though I doubt any batman is gonna try that over trait lol)

RunwayMafia

Batman's b23, you can reversal mace charge/wing evade to avoid the third hit.
If Batman tries to activate his trait immediately after b23, your mace charge will hit him right as he get his trait, you'll cancel his bats :). He can also bait this with an armored b3 (though I doubt any batman is gonna try that over trait lol)
Great info...ANYTHING else you find that would fall under the category of interrupting/punishing before the string ends or what not...post here and I'll include it. I'll have the final product out in a few days.

RunwayMafia

Boodendorf or anyone reading this now...can you test out Batman's 113? You can activate the Wing Evade after the 11 and she floats back but the kick keeps hitting her. Try it out and see if you can interrupt it...maybe my timing is off.

Edit: Nevermind...I landed it. This is one is tricky...you have wait longer for the kick to activate...

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Boodendorf or anyone reading this now...can you test out Batman's 113? You can activate the Wing Evade after the 11 and she floats back but the kick keeps hitting her. Try it out and see if you can interrupt it...maybe my timing is off.
I tried out, the kick does hit her on the startup frames of WE. I'm not sure if it does hits mace charge through, the looping might avoid the kick. I can't play right now though, I'm too tired, sorry :/.

EDIT: Did you try using we3 to interrupt the kick? We2 might get stuffed, but we3 is incredibly fast.

RunwayMafia

I tried out, the kick does hit her on the startup frames of WE. I'm not sure if it does hits mace charge through, the looping might avoid the kick. I can't play right now though, I'm too tired, sorry :/.

EDIT: Did you try using we3 to interrupt the kick? We2 might get stuffed, but we3 is incredibly fast.
I just landed Wing Evade 2...it's strange compared to other gaps I've interrupted...you literally have to let his leg come out and then do it before it lands...however if you do it immediately after the 11...he will kick you every time...

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I just landed Wing Evade 2...it's strange compared to other gaps I've interrupted...you literally have to let his leg come out and then do it before it lands...however if you do it immediately after the 11...he will kick you every time...
Hmmmm... I see, you have to wait to get the right height that will avoid extremely narrowly the hitbox of the kick. Interesting. Can you "option select" this, like if Batman does 112 you don't wing evade, but if he does 113 you wing evade and punish? Is it possible?

RunwayMafia

Hmmmm... I see, you have to wait to get the right height that will avoid extremely narrowly the hitbox of the kick. Interesting. Can you "option select" this, like if Batman does 112 you don't wing evade, but if he does 113 you wing evade and punish? Is it possible?
Probably...the way I found the timing was when I decided to interrupt with D1~Wing Evade(2)...and I accidentally got the Wing Evade(2) instead...

Shin Oni

Noob
hmm I guess I can drop all the Wing Evade oki here if you don't mind. I just have to record it with everyone.

Boodendorf Espio DanCock Maxintensity25 and any/all HawkGirl-ians

I have filmed all of AquaMan, Ares, Batman, Cyborg, Black Adam, and Bane. (From the few strings listed in the thread from Maxintensity25) Again, if you guys find any more strings with gaps that can be interrupted with WE(2) OR D1...let me know and I'll include it so the guide will have more beef!
Appreciate the work. Gettin' hype for this. I was following this topic when we were discussing strings. Your vid is gonna be sick!

RunwayMafia

Boodendorf

Woooow....so I just filmed the gaps for Green Lantern...his entire mix up game from his B1 (the low starter) is incredibly easy to interrupt with Wing Evade...it's laughable. This MU just changed, imo....

RunwayMafia

Ok so for Harley, in the other thread her Tantrum Stance~cartwheel is listed...I cannot land this...someone else test this to confirm.

RunwayMafia

Update....I have everything filmed from the other thread...however I have a feeling she can interrupt a ton more strings/strings cancelled into specials...it's amazing...

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
It's easy to figure out which strings she can possibly interrupt. Just pick a char, set AI to always block and jump, then do the char's strings or strings into specials on it. If the AI attempts to jump then you know what you tried is not true block string and that HG can most likely interrupt it with her wing evade as long as the next move in the string doesn't have the reach to hit her while in last few frames of WE animation.