What's new

Question F4 into Ice clone

RYX

BIG PUSHER
so when I try to make a thread that promotes discussion i don't get more than 10 posts. just want a simple answer and i get 4 pages.

... k.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Lmao I was reading this thread today, and you guys were talking talking about after a hit b121 going for d4 and how its generally not worth it.... then i decided to watch this video, and in the second round, tom does this exact thing in the second round of the first game..... with success. Not saying that means you should use it all the time, I just found it ironic.
Dark_Rob STB Sgt Reed

Dark_Rob

Noob
Lmao I was reading this thread today, and you guys were talking talking about after a hit b121 going for d4 and how its generally not worth it.... then i decided to watch this video, and in the second round, tom does this exact thing in the second round of the first game..... with success. Not saying that means you should use it all the time, I just found it ironic.
Dark_Rob STB Sgt Reed

LMAO! Yea thats funny. But even here what did he really get from it? Nothing really. He just did the same 2,1,2,clone that was guaranteed him anyway off of B1,2,1. Sure he snuck an extra D4 in there(whats that like 3% damage?) but what if Wafflez had blocked it and counterpoked? Then he would have lost that juicy 2,1,2,clone meter building string(and you really need that meter with Smoke) that he had GUARANTEED anyhow. My point was never that it cant work. My point was why bother?

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
LMAO! Yea thats funny. But even here what did he really get from it? Nothing really. He just did the same 2,1,2,clone that was guaranteed him anyway off of B1,2,1. Sure he snuck an extra D4 in there(whats that like 3% damage?) but what if Wafflez had blocked it and counterpoked? Then he would have lost that juicy 2,1,2,clone meter building string(and you really need that meter with Smoke) that he had GUARANTEED anyhow. My point was never that it cant work. My point was why bother?
O I agree with you. Just thought it was funny.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Dark_Rob STB Sgt Reed

Lol, told you guys.

Owned.

Raidern8

Sub Zero!
Wafflez refused to block low..... so he snuck in extra damage.

Its not like tom's getting a total damage reset by doing the d4. Little thing being blown out of proportion.
It looked as if he did the d4 to also set up his f4 on his next/future b121 strings. I do this from time to time, because it raises the chance of F4 hitting the next time around.