What's new

Question F4 into Ice clone

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Can I do this with a max-ranged Forward+4? Because it seems like it'd be a really good spacing tool when done correctly, i.e after a landed B121.

Just asking out of curiosity, I've never seen anybody do it but it looks like it could be useful.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Can I do this with a max-ranged Forward+4? Because it seems like it'd be a really good spacing tool when done correctly, i.e after a landed B121.

Just asking out of curiosity, I've never seen anybody do it but it looks like it could be useful.
You can do it. I'll do it if I don't think the F4 freeze will hit them and I don't want to risk F4 slide.

I actually brought this up a good while back. It's buried in one of the threads. lol

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You can do it. I'll do it if I don't think the F4 freeze will hit them and I don't want to risk F4 slide.

I actually brought this up a good while back. It's buried in one of the threads. lol
I might pick up Sub-Zero again, and I can't just pussy out behind ice clones anymore so I thought it'd be best to get all the info I can. Thanks.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I might pick up Sub-Zero again, and I can't just pussy out behind ice clones anymore so I thought it'd be best to get all the info I can. Thanks.
subzero only hides behind clone in certain matchups but he needs the lead first.

To see whether or not they'll ever block low without risking eating a combo.
You can see how they block after B121. Do 212~Clone, notice if they block high or not. If they block high, next time lead with D4, 212~Clone. They will eventually block low.

F4 is only good once or twice a match. You need it to be a surprise and you need it to count. You can't just throw F4~Clone's out or it will never work when you need it to.

derOeler

Death comes to all!
IF i want to space out after B121, my move of choice would be d4+clone or 214+clone.
Even a throw spaces well plus damage.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You can see how they block after B121. Do 212~Clone, notice if they block high or not. If they block high, next time lead with D4, 212~Clone. They will eventually block low.

F4 is only good once or twice a match. You need it to be a surprise and you need it to count. You can't just throw F4~Clone's out or it will never work when you need it to.
except you keep giving out 5% chip and 26% of a bar every damn time you wanna condition your opponent, d4 after b121 is stupid because noone with over 75 IQ would ever purposefully waste all that advantage, its pretty damn obvious what youre trying to do and "eventually" isnt good enough when the risk/reward for the mixup is total shit and you end up wasting guaranteed damage and meter that might as well be your hp.

my 0.02$

Dark_Rob

Noob

The real question here is why would you want to? F4 is a move you only use on a read/guess/gamble. Its not a block string. You cant hitconfirm it. If your read is that they are gonna block it then just do 2,1,2/2,1,4/2,2,4>ice clone. Those will all build you more meter anyway. The only time your gonna use F4 is if your read is that they wont block it. Since you cant hitconfirm it anyway just pull the freaking trigger and F4>ice blast.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
This is why ice puddle works... everyone trying to be the same old cookie cutter subs, people know what to expect. Gotta mix it up if you want to be successful.

Not saying F4 clone is a good thing to do, but it's not like it's going to kill you.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The real question here is why would you want to? F4 is a move you only use on a read/guess/gamble. Its not a block string. You cant hitconfirm it. If your read is that they are gonna block it then just do 2,1,2/2,1,4/2,2,4>ice clone. Those will all build you more meter anyway. The only time your gonna use F4 is if your read is that they wont block it. Since you cant hitconfirm it anyway just pull the freaking trigger and F4>ice blast.
and thats not even mentioning that youre reminding them you got an overhead and that youre o bviously checking them for a future combo.

Dark_Rob

Noob
and thats not even mentioning that youre reminding them you got an overhead and that youre o bviously checking them for a future combo.
Yea F4 is that move you want your opponent to forget you even have until its to late. Doing an F4 into ice clone(which is pointless since you cant hit confirm it. What if F4 hits and you ice cloned? Dont you feel dumb now lol) only reminds them you have an overhead to look out for.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
except you keep giving out 5% chip and 26% of a bar every damn time you wanna condition your opponent, d4 after b121 is stupid because noone with over 75 IQ would ever purposefully waste all that advantage, its pretty damn obvious what youre trying to do and "eventually" isnt good enough when the risk/reward for the mixup is total shit and you end up wasting guaranteed damage and meter that might as well be your hp.

my 0.02$
Umm... if you go straight into 212 clone after a b121... you're not getting anything that you aren't getting with D4 212 clone after B121. B/c D4 will give you enough advantage to do 212 clone anyway. In fact, you get that little damage extra that d4 takes.

What's your beef with D4? lol

Dark_Rob

Noob
Umm... if you go straight into 212 clone after a b121... you're not getting anything that you aren't getting with D4 212 clone after B121. B/c D4 will give you enough advantage to do 212 clone anyway. In fact, you get that little damage extra that d4 takes.

Unless they block it, or even get hit with it when they are crouching. Why not just take the guaranteed setup?

derOeler

Death comes to all!
d4 clone? when they're at like -31?

wtf is this shit, 224...
224 equals 212/214, so whats your point?
D4 is plus 8 sub, so you can start pressure. But as you can see i wrote a big "IF" (i want to space..).

Also read knoterrors post above mine and chill with the fuxxs :coffee:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

except losing all your guaranteed advantage and being left open to an armoured move/raiden teleport after d4 even after it hits?

yeah you aint losing anything :16Bit

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood

I still like to do f4 clone. I rarely throw it out and I rarely throw out f4 ice ball. Maybe 1 or times in a few sets. I like to open with it if I think my opponent will block low right at the start though. Ill condition them to block low by doing a slide and if they get hit they like to block low at the start of the next match sooooo boot to the fucking face.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Unless they block it, or even get hit with it when they are crouching. Why not just take the guaranteed setup?
That's if they are expecting it, what if they aren't? You get your chip, your clone and everything... plus extra couple % of damage.

Why? B/c why not? Who's expecting it? Why no go for an extra bit of damage... who knows, may win you the round. Tom can win with safe sub b/c he's so good at reading. I've gotta take risks to win b/c I'm not so good at reading and to me... D4 isn't even a big risk.

Dark_Rob

Noob
That's if they are expecting it, what if they aren't? You get your chip, your clone and everything... plus extra couple % of damage.

Why? B/c why not? Who's expecting it? Why no go for an extra bit of damage... who knows, may win you the round. Tom can win with safe sub b/c he's so good at reading. I've gotta take risks to win b/c I'm not so good at reading and to me... D4 isn't even a big risk.
Theres lots of reasons why not. But its cool, to each his own.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
224 equals 212/214, so whats your point?
D4 is plus 8 sub, so you can start pressure. But as you can see i wrote a big "IF" (i want to space..).

Also read knoterrors post above mine and chill with the fuxxs :coffee:
212 can be armoured through or interrupted with full combo

i have.