What's new

F242 Mid Screen Conversion Is Possible. +4 On block Launcher.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Which is a pointless argument to make in the context of whether or not it's "safe" because, again, and I'll go slower for you this time:

• you are positing that the F242 is better against Jax because it's safe
• I asked you what Jax can do against the 3U2D2 that makes it unsafe
• you replied "Fatal Blow"
• Jax can also Fatal Blow the F242 for a reversal punish in the 42 gap
• this means your argument that the F242 is superior or "more safe" is not true, both are equally "unsafe" if Jax has FB, both are equally safe if he doesn't because Jax has nothing to punish -16 at the range that 3U2D2 pushes him back

I'm not sure how much further I can break this down for you, buddy.
None of my posts mentioned F242. My initial post was intended to correct your inaccurate statement that 3U2D2 is safe.

ATIWAB

Noob
None of my posts mentioned F242. My initial post was intended to correct your inaccurate statement that 3U2D2 is safe.
"I'm going to choose to completely ignore context now, and still try and argue that Fatal Blows are even remotely relevant in conversations about what's 'safe'"

Fatal Blows make 95% of strings in the game "unsafe" because they have armor and can be used to Reversal Punish.

For the third time -- you don't have a point.

ATIWAB

Noob
Nice tangent
Not a tangent, dipshit.

F242 is +4 on block.

F242 is punishable by a Fatal Blow.

If his argument is "fatal blows can't punish safe strings," then 95% of the strings in the game, including ones that end + on block, aren't "safe" by his moronic definition.

I'll keep it slow for you going forward.

ATIWAB

Noob
I'm only discussing 3U2D2. However, you are acting childish so I will end our discussion. Have a great day!
Look, it's obvious at this point you realize you were wrong and are just grasping at air, so yeah, you can feel free to stop any time.

The problem with positing that a string is "not safe because a FB can punish it" is the fact that this is the case for 95% of strings in the game, because FBs are armored and can Reversal Punish mid-string.

By your definition of "safe," almost nothing in the game is "safe." Including +4 strings like F242, which can be FB'd between the 4 and 2 with a Reversal Punish.

You realize this and are dipping now, which is fine -- you should've done that several comments ago.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
It had been absolutely fucking embarrassing watching this kid try to weasel his way out of the fact that Jax’s fatal blow punishes 3U2D2 on block for like three whole pages now. Holy shit I can’t stop cringing over these transparent attempts to save face by acting like someone who came in with an unbiased, factual correction is the one who’s wrong. Yikes.

ATIWAB

Noob
It had been absolutely fucking embarrassing watching this kid try to weasel his way out of the fact that Jax’s fatal blow punishes 3U2D2 on block for like three whole pages now. Holy shit I can’t stop cringing over these transparent attempts to save face by acting like someone who came in with an unbiased, factual correction is the one who’s wrong. Yikes.
Jax's FB punishes 95% of strings in the game. It doesn't make 3U2D2 "unsafe" any more than it makes F242 "unsafe."

It's been "absolutely fucking embarrassing" watching people fail to grasp very simple concepts, though.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard
Look, it's obvious at this point you realize you were wrong and are just grasping at air, so yeah, you can feel free to stop any time.

The problem with positing that a string is "not safe because a FB can punish it" is the fact that this is the case for 95% of strings in the game, because FBs are armored and can Reversal Punish mid-string.

By your definition of "safe," almost nothing in the game is "safe." Including +4 strings like F242, which can be FB'd between the 4 and 2 with a Reversal Punish.

You realize this and are dipping now, which is fine -- you should've done that several comments ago.
Did you know that FB can only interrupt a string that has a gap? If you did, then you are saying that "95%" of strings in this game have gaps.

Why do you want to spread inaccurate information?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Jax's FB punishes 95% of strings in the game. It doesn't make 3U2D2 "unsafe" any more than it makes F242 "unsafe."

It's been "absolutely fucking embarrassing" watching people fail to grasp very simple concepts, though.
That's what we in the biz call a "special punish."

I wouldn't really call it "unsafe" because a situational, character and resource-specific punish exists, so I get where you're coming from.

But let's violently argue semantics for 100 more pages instead of just helping each other with MU knowledge.

I love the goddamn internet man

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs

First of all, 95% of the strings in this game don’t have gaps in them.

Second, and more to the point at hand, fatal blows being able to punish gaps in strings does nothing to save your claim that you should FINISH A GAPLESS STRING BECAUSE IT’S “SAFE” from being invalidated by the fact that in actuality it IS punishable by plenty of the cast, including Jax with his fatal blow.

And lastly, the only person failing to grasp anything in this thread is you failing to hold all your L’s. It’s okay to make mistakes and be proven wrong sometimes; stop burying yourself in even deeper shit by trying to just dig your heels in every time it happens ffs.

Wigy

There it is...
First of all, 95% of the strings in this game don’t have gaps in them.

Second, and more to the point at hand, fatal blows being able to punish gaps in strings does nothing to save your claim that you should FINISH A GAPLESS STRING BECAUSE IT’S “SAFE” from being invalidated by the fact that in actuality it IS punishable by plenty of the cast, including Jax with his fatal blow.

And lastly, the only person failing to grasp anything in this thread is you failing to hold all your L’s. It’s okay to make mistakes and be proven wrong sometimes; stop burying yourself in even deeper shit by trying to just dig your heels in every time it happens ffs.
Nah literally everyone else is wrong clearly
:DOGE

ATIWAB

Noob
Did you know that FB can only interrupt a string that has a gap? If you did, then you are saying that "95%" of strings in this game have gaps.

Why do you want to spread inaccurate information?
That's not even remotely true. Again, you're talking out of your ass.

Let's review:

The FB is armored.

Wait, that's all there is to review. Hopefully that's not too much for you.

There's a reason you can FB punish, for example, Shang's B112 string between the 12 even though there's CLEARLY not an 11f gap there for the FB to fit in. The armor starts before the full FB animation comes out and absorbs the last hit of the string.

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

YoungTeezy 305

Work Hard Play Hard

Looking at Shang Tsung's strings alone we can confirm that you are incorrect.

All of the following strings are safe against Jax's fatal blow:

B1D2
21U2D2
F243
B3D4

8/19 = 42.1%

ATIWAB

Noob
Yes, B112 has a gap between B11 and 2. That's why it can be flawless blocked.
The gap isn't big enough for anything EXCEPT the FB because it's armored. That doesn't make B112 "unsafe."

If this is your definition of "unsafe," you're a fucking idiot.

Not hard to figure out.