What's new

F242 Mid Screen Conversion Is Possible. +4 On block Launcher.

Afumba

Noob

Shang Tsung can convert MIDSCREEN off of his plus on block (+4) launcher in f242. Timing is tight but with practice you can become fairly consistent. Very low risk since you're plus after f242. Didn’t see it posted anywhere but thought it was worth mentioning.
Thanks, its talked about in the warlock guide thread though. A bit jealous that you could connect the soulsteal :)

You are incorrect about the risk as missing the groundskulls will get you full combo punished even by Jades F21.

Thanks, its talked about in the warlock guide thread though. A bit jealous that you could connect the soulsteal :)

You are incorrect about the risk as missing the groundskulls will get you full combo punished even by Jades F21.
Hey! Good point but If they block the f242 you’re +4 and the string isn’t special cancelable so it’s pretty easy to hit confirm. You wouldn’t input the ground skulls on block.

Edited* for understanding

Afumba

Noob
Hey! Good point but If they block the f242 you’re +4 and the string isn’t special cancelable so it’s pretty easy to hit confirm. You wouldn’t input the ground skulls on block.

Edited* for understanding
I got you :) I think you missunderstood me though. I meant if you whiff the grounderuption after hitting F242 you get full combo punished. And its a tight link so the risk is big.

ATIWAB

Noob
Yeah, we've been discussing the practicality of the F242 DB1F connect in the Warlock combo thread.

Still super impractical compared to a 3U2 that you can convert for 34% with Soul Steal ender without dealing with F242's 2-frame link just to get the DB1F Amp out, and both do 20% meterless. You can also use the 3U2 as a punish string for a lot more situations, since F2 is 17f and S3 is 10f.

Being + on block is the only benefit so you can use it as a pressure string, but the F2 is a 17f startup and even if you don't get outpoked it's mad easy to Flawless Block so doing it raw is... not smart... and using this for whiff punish with a soul steal ender is objectively worse damage than FF 3U2 since the DB1 Amp connector isn't so limited. You can also make the F3U2 safe by finishing the string out on block confirm (F3U2D2) to push them super far away.

Everyone talking about "the big gap" though is exaggerating, it's not a big gap at all -- 7f and trades with other 7f pokes. Wigy is right. Luckily it sucks mid screen for all those other reasons, tho.

ATIWAB

Noob
I'd love to see that in a game lol.

People keep going on about flawless blocking like it's easy peasy but even at tournament level it doesn't happen a whole lot. Nevermind on the first hit of the string in neutral.

Maybe I'm shit. But by any means you can say that about basically any slow move.
It's a 17f man, it's pretty reactable.

There are some FBs that everyone should have in their kit -- Jax's OH ender in Expert Grappler, Skarlet's tongue, Baraka's 112 -- and this is just another one.

If someone is doing this as the first hit of a string in neutral, they're going to get outpoked (like I said -- 17f) or backdashed or FB'd. I think the only real practical use for this string is as a backdash into whiff punish in the corner for the juggle, or for corner pressure oki when they have no bars to wakeup.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure

There are some FBs that everyone should have in their kit -- Jax's OH ender in Expert Grappler, Skarlet's tongue, Baraka's 112 -- and this is just another one.

If someone is doing this as the first hit of a string in neutral, they're going to get outpoked (like I said -- 17f) or backdashed or FB'd. I think the only real practical use for this string is as a backdash into whiff punish in the corner for the juggle, or for corner pressure oki when they have no bars to wakeup.

Stop ... Please

Wigy

There it is...

17f is not reactable. Especially for flawless blocking and in the neutral.

Logistically you'd have to react in about 15 frames, to unblock and reblock

All of those FB examples are off stuff with an obvious leadup. Not a first hit long range mid.

By this standard everyone would always flawless block like every projectile.

ATIWAB

Noob
17f is not reactable. Especially for flawless blocking and in the neutral.

Logistically you'd have to react in about 15 frames, to unblock and reblock

All of those FB examples are off stuff with an obvious leadup. Not a first hit long range mid.

By this standard everyone would always flawless block like every projectile.
17f isn't reactable
Buddy... ...

I think you need to lab more.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
The only way to safely interrupt this “big gap” is if you have something that’s 6f, which is pretty much a poke. And even then, that’s a threat due to f243 and the KB. Best bet is to flawless block.

Also, lol at reacting to f2 and flawless blocking it.

Do you guys stretch before you reach?

Wigy

There it is...
SHANG TSUNG USES EXTREMELY TELGRAPHABLE 17f GIANT SWINGING CHOP WITH HUGE WINDUP TIME
everyone on TYM: ";-; not reactable"
Skarlet uses extremely telegraphable 19f B1 giant swinging bloodsword:
everyone on TYM: lol block
Sub-Zero uses extremely telegraphable 19f F2 giant swinging axe:
everyone on TYM: lol block
Unless you're one of the very hard AI bots who's gone all sky net and gained sentience you are not flawless blocking that in neutral you seller of bills

You say I need to get in that lab. You know what this shit is. Stuff that only works in the lab. When you're sitting waiting for it.