What's new

Question - Cyber Sub-Zero F2 Replacing 1112, more nerfs soon?

QUAN-FUSION

Crotch-puncher
If a low and overhead hit simultaneously one of them is cancelled out. So it is either just a low or just an overhead. I am unsure which one is dominant in CSZs corner setup though I imagine it's the bomb. Though Quan Chi's overhead takes priority over the bat so maybe it's the string
I don't think that's true. I believe if they hit at the same time it becomes a mid.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
How about you Nerf all the bs already in the game for many months before pitchforking CSZ?

If Takeda Hardtoblockables that lead to high damage midscreen, Ferra/Torr doing 70%+ damage with 50%+ midscreen in Tournament matches, and Sonya pulling out free meterless grenades that lead into 50%+ anywhere on the screen from safe unreactable 50/50's is ok, then I see no reason why a corner setup that has already been nerfed should be nerfed more or removed.

It's like you guys forget everything that's ALREADY in the game because something new arrived exactly the same. There is nothing wrong with CSZ.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
What im saying is, increase the buffer for what counts as 'similtaneous'

Its near humanly impossible to learn a blocking pattern down to a frame or two.

Cyrax has a reset off

Net jump over (for timing) medium bomb, 21, b1. You are in hitstun from the 21, so you cant even xray out. Havent been able to block it once. Guarantees a 50-60% METERLESS bnb, into hardtoblockable setup.

This fix would make it so that if you didnt block it, its your fault. Rather than this braindead near humanly impossible to block setup.

I play cyrax by the way, would much rather he had this removed and have f2 not get low profiled by every fucking poke in the universe.
I see what you mean but in doing so the only mixup would be grabbing or doing a string

Idk why they nerfed 1112 when they coulda just made bombs a mid. Hard to blockable gets removed and the bomb becomes a tool that you have to respect in the corner instead. If he gets nerfed again it's probably gonna be f2 and the divekick.
yes all the pseudo unblockables get removed by making all bombs mid, and they would work like a pressure tool. Mid bombs and mid dive kicks fix most broken stuff about CSZ and Cyrax

Yinze

"Tell me, do you bleed?...You will."
I'm really not sure what they should do at this point. I'm very upset with the 1112 to change because of how it effected every variation when it was specifically meant for cyber sub, and he still has the same setup. Now it feels strange to do 1112 and not be able to move.

Let's be real about something, without unblockable corner setups, THAT YOU CAN GET OUT OF, the character has no real point. Can we stop pretending he's the only character like this? I've been hearing bo has 60 percent unblockable resets. Cyber sub is FINE. His damage isn't great, and the whole point is corner carrying for setups. If f2 gets the same treatment, I doubt he'll be viable.

Edit: Mid bombs are a terrible idea.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
How about you Nerf all the bs already in the game for many months before pitchforking CSZ?

If Takeda Hardtoblockables that lead to high damage midscreen, Ferra/Torr doing 70%+ damage with 50%+ midscreen in Tournament matches, and Sonya pulling out free meterless grenades that lead into 50%+ anywhere on the screen from safe unreactable 50/50's is ok, then I see no reason why a corner setup that has already been nerfed should be nerfed more or removed.

It's like you guys forget everything that's ALREADY in the game because something new arrived exactly the same. There is nothing wrong with CSZ.
/Thread

JDM

Noob

suuuure you say that now.. but wait until Final Round C:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
suuuure you say that now.. but wait until Final Round C:
Yea because everyone will be using DLC, exploring them. Bo has 40% combos that loop into a 35% literally unblockable combo. 75% total for one touch unless you break. Cyrax has even harder to block setups, 40%+ midscreen meterless, 40% off a NJP meterless, endless looping from HTB midscreen, etc. LF can Batgirl 2.0 you to a victory. And still, all the dirt the original cast can still do is untouched like how people rarely block Takeda's HTB that leads to high damage, and if you do block he's still super +. Bio is hitting people with 50% midscreen in tourneys, while having strong options everywhere on the screen. But all that is perfectly fine because CSZ.

Doesn't make sense one bit to me. I almost hope he gets nerfed again so maybe people will notice what's actually broken.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.

Dive kick needs to be mid

babalook

Noob
i honestly don't think cyber sub deserves anymore nerfs, there are plenty of other characters with filth on par with his. Also, do you guys think he will still be good without his corner game (ie: the removal of his f2 KND)?

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
i honestly don't think cyber sub deserves anymore nerfs, there are plenty of other characters with filth on par with his. Also, do you guys think he will still be good without his corner game (ie: the removal of his f2 KND)?
He still has his f2 in the corner so he still has a corner game. It's 1112 that was nerfed

Arzumis

Noob
As a sektor player i feel cheated. The 1112 nerf was to deal with Cyber sub's hard to blockables. Cyber sub can still use f2 to achieve the same htb. But Sektor who also lost the huge plus frames from up rocket on hit also lost the 1112 kd into safe rocket or ex rocket to break armor. Thats bull

Samsara

Resident Cynic
And people wanted to know why I was coming off so strongly last week. This thread is still proving my point. They nerfed the character and you still have people screaming for more nerfs THE NEXT FUCKING DAY.

There is clearly a witch hunt going on and it can't be denied now. People don't want to lab, and they' rather make sure they never have to study the CSZ matchup if he's gutted. What a shame.

babalook

Noob
He still has his f2 in the corner so he still has a corner game. It's 1112 that was nerfed
I'm aware. I meant, in the event of his F2 receiving further nerfs, do you think cyber sub would still be good? Given the fact that he would have no other ways to safely put out a bomb.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
I'm aware. I meant, in the event of his F2 receiving further nerfs, do you think cyber sub would still be good? Given the fact that he would have no other ways to safely put out a bomb.
I see. No I think he would be pretty weak considering his neutral game isn't the best. But we will only know for sure if they do nerf it

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Just want to say you can have mixups with bomb being a mid. Thought that's why Reo was talking about picking 1/5 options on your opponent's wake up with that setup he showed off.

But I guess that wouldn't be fair to some people because they're scared everyone else will keep their dumb setups. Which is an actual scenario with NRS. Which is why I've welcomed the new KP2 and will be participating with every amount of braindead offense at my disposal.