What's new

F Champ Receives Lifetime Ban, Racism in the FGC/USA, and Other Prevalent Social Discussions

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
That's partly why I specifically mentioned the New Testament, as it there is a common perception of it doing away with the worst aspects of the Old when in fact it makes many of the same moral failings (or worse as it's where we derive the concept of hell as a place of eternal torment for finite transgression as opposed to the previous Judaic version). I of course COULD reasonably go into Old testament examples of racism like the laws surrounding the enslavement of Jews versus other races of man, or the Amalekites, as no point are these race-based moral pronouncements explicitly redacted in the text.

The point there would be that it never says slavery is NOT good, and in fact demands that slaves obey. It also lays down the method by which you could con your Jewish slaves into lifetime servitude via getting them to marry while enslaved.

A reading of Jesus's intentions towards the world as presented in Mathews doesn't quite paint the picture of love that I'd ascribe to, which partly indicates why love is a valueless word as far as moral philosophy goes. You can have a situation, an abusive father for example, wherein the conditions imposed are beyond reprehensible but not necessarily without "love".

I also wonder how one can reasonably separate biblical (religious) dictate and the teachings of Jesus. You lose the justification for one without the other.

My whole reason for starting this particular discussion was that I fundamentally disagree with your assessment of people having religiously-founded bigoted opinions as being necessarily less informed or knowledgeable than a humanist interpretation of biblical teaching. I rather think they are consistent with both the text itself as well as the history surrounding it. I mentioned slavery because it's an easy extreme to point out, because not even 200 years ago the argument for slavery was almost exclusively theological. They weren't reading a different text than you, they were merely taking it at face value.
All I'm saying is that religion without faith, without God, is ultimately false and will lead people to do sus crap in the name of God and thus make us actual Christians look like trash. Not here to discuss my faith with you, because you clearly never read the Bible or understand it in context, picking verses here and there will tell you exactly nothing. If you want to talk about this seriously, read it all from start to finish and come to me when you're done.

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
Why do people act like it’s only white people being racist against black people when it’s literally every other race including black pepple being racist towards black people? It feels like every other race gets a free pass for racism because they’re of colour. People need to realise that racist and racism are terms to describe a group of people, not a group of people from a certain skin colour.

I also don’t get why racism in the US is viewed as a right wing, left wing view/value. Left winged people can be just as racist as right winged people. People need to use Racism and Racist as a term that’s used for everybody and not just a specific group because that’s dumb.
The problem is being 'religious' doesn't mean anything these days. I would bet my left tit that these 'religious' right-wingers haven't opened a Bible in years. If they truly understood what was in there, they wouldn't waste their time being racist.
This goes for every religion tbh. Actually, this goes for human beings as a whole. Being a good person isn’t that hard, unfortunately we all have a different moral compass to what is good and what isn’t. That’s why homophobia within religions and religious ruled countries (Looks at the Middle East and Asia) are very unsafe areas for the LGBT.
So, what did this guy do wrong:

Anybody who can't see that this is a problem at this point is intentionally lying to themselves, imo. Police are supposed to keep the peace, not to exact death sentences on unarmed civilians.
We already had this discussion, do we really need to talk about it again?? His death was unnecessary, case closed. Like, I don’t get why we need to talk about it AGAIN. We already established that police officers shouldn’t kill citizens unless they’re in a dangerous situation where they have to protect themselves. Any kill outside of that is unnecessary, and I think everyone here agrees with it, even right winged people. So I don’t get that snarky side comment that portrays right winged people as these racists that justify any cop killing a citizen.

Anarchist_Gib

Shao Kahn main, please your send prayers!
because you clearly never read the Bible or understand it in context, picking verses here and there will tell you exactly nothing. If you want to talk about this seriously, read it all from start to finish and come to me when you're done.
I've been a student of religion of my life, being raised Sunni Muslim in a family predominantly Pentecostal. I assure you that I have indeed read the entire text in several different revisions. It's telling that your first inclination is to impeach my comprehension of the book, when it is clearly YOUR representation that seems to be out of whack with the text, but honestly that's besides the point as the contention is that it's hubris to imply that your religious interpretation is somehow more correct or more knowledgeable than someone else's by virtue of their moral standards being conflict with your own. What you are partaking in here is what's known as the No True Scotsman fallacy.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I've been a student of religion of my life, being raised Sunni Muslim in a family predominantly Pentecostal. I assure you that I have indeed read the entire text in several different revisions. It's telling that your first inclination is to impeach my comprehension of the book, when it is clearly YOUR representation that seems to be out of whack with the text, but honestly that's besides the point as the contention is that it's hubris to imply that your religious interpretation is somehow more correct or more knowledgeable than someone else's by virtue of their moral standards being conflict with your own. What you are partaking in here is what's known as the No True Scotsman fallacy.
So, you read it and I was wrong. But here's why I tend to assume this, even though I shouldn't. The only 2 reasons people take scripture out of context to fit their own narrative (and yes I understand people on both sides do this), 1) they haven't read it all and are just regurgitating what they've heard from other people, or 2) they don't believe in God and Jesus. Both of these interpretations are lacking. And thus their interpretation is solely based on the natural world and not how it's supposed to be looked at, which is as divine inspiration, as God's word.

I think you'd probably really like Christian Apologetics like Melissa Dougherty and the Capturing Christianity channel on YT. Especially the later, it's very, very grounded in theology more than I can explain myself as I'm just a lowly grass roots Christian who reads her bible daily and never studied this in Uni (not being sarcastic lmao).

Thinking back I should have taken some Theology classes as it's super interesting. Either way, me trying to dismiss your opinion was invalid in the way I did it, and I do understand where you're coming from, I was there once, but understanding the bible is one part theology and one part supernatural love and that's why I wholeheartedly believe THAT someone doesn't have a relationship with God, cannot fully understand the weight of it, feel His presence etc., It's like when you're in love with someone, and you're trying to make someone else understand. Sure they can relate to them being in love with another person, but they can never feel the same love you have with them unless they feel the exact same love for that same person. It's the same for God and Jesus!

So, point is, what I was trying to say when we started this convo (which looking bad I articulated very badly), is that people who are influenced by religion, instead of God's love and Jesus' teachings, will always contradict themselves and hurt other people because religion is man-made and as humans, we're flawed and will make mistakes and thus, give God a bad name. Which is also true for anyone, whether they follow Jesus or not, but usually when you put religion ahead of God, you're more prone to mob mentality.

Hope that made sense.

Here's a video I really enjoyed I feel like it might be right up your alley.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
We already had this discussion, do we really need to talk about it again?? His death was unnecessary, case closed. Like, I don’t get why we need to talk about it AGAIN. We already established that police officers shouldn’t kill citizens unless they’re in a dangerous situation where they have to protect themselves. Any kill outside of that is unnecessary, and I think everyone here agrees with it, even right winged people. So I don’t get that snarky side comment that portrays right winged people as these racists that justify any cop killing a citizen.
My comment wasn't about 'right winged people' -- I'm not sure where I mentioned them?

I'm bringing it up because we need to fix the problem. This isn't about 'winning' or 'losing' to me, or about 'sides' -- I just don't want to have to keep reading these things and wishing that we did something, while we keep finding reasons to deny that the problem exists, and to not make changes.

Onryoki

My comment wasn't about 'right winged people' -- I'm not sure where I mentioned them?

I'm bringing it up because we need to fix the problem. This isn't about 'winning' or 'losing' to me, or about 'sides' -- I just don't want to have to keep reading these things and wishing that we did something, while we keep finding reasons to deny that the problem exists, and to not make changes.
The sad thing is though, you can’t really prevent these things from happening completely. I hate that it happens, but there won’t be much change. It has to come from within.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Why do people act like it’s only white people being racist against black people when it’s literally every other race including black pepple being racist towards every other race ? It feels like every other race gets a free pass for racism because they’re of colour. People need to realise that racist and racism are terms to describe a group of people, not a group of people from a certain skin colour.
There, I fixed that for you.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So this just happened.

But tell me more about how the threat of right-wing domestic terrorism in America isn't a bigger problem than BLM or progressive politics could ever be.

Some of y'all aren't gonna stop talking that dumb shit until one of these groups or Militias or the Proud Boys SUCCEED in assassinating someone and officially transform the Trump base into American Al-Qaeda. Then it'll be more excuses and whataboutisms and ways that you're right and the facts are wrong, even in the face of Shitty Hitler's people now moving up to carrying out pseudo-militaristic operations against opposing politicians.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
So this just happened.

But tell me more about how the threat of right-wing domestic terrorism in America isn't a bigger problem than BLM or progressive politics could ever be.

Some of y'all aren't gonna stop talking that dumb shit until one of these groups or Militias or the Proud Boys SUCCEED in assassinating someone and officially transform the Trump base into American Al-Qaeda. Then it'll be more excuses and whataboutisms and ways that you're right and the facts are wrong, even in the face of Shitty Hitler's people now moving up to carrying out pseudo-militaristic operations against opposing politicians.
The right wing are scum and no better than terrorists.

At this point, they’re all fucking complicit.

Fucking terrorist cultist c u n t s

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The right wing are scum and no better than terrorists.

At this point, they’re all fucking complicit.

Fucking terrorist cultist c u n t s
If someone from BLM or an ANTIFA activist masterminded something like this against a McConnell or a Lindsey Graham, the entire fucking GOP would be screaming about anarchy in the streets and Communists coming to decapitate their suburban housewives.

Can't wait to see what Trump has to say about it if there's another debate.

Onryoki

Why is Karen Strassman getting called racist on twitter for saying “Antifa” under a post? At this point it’s like the definition of racism gets stretched so far out that it’s unclear what is racist or not.17580

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Why is Karen Strassman getting called racist on twitter for saying “Antifa” under a post? At this point it’s like the definition of racism gets stretched so far out that it’s unclear what is racist or not.View attachment 17580
She’s not racist but she’s a fucking idiot for linking this to antifa.

I can respond with “Trump supporters” and it’d have equal weight to what she just said - but it’d still be idiotic.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
Something that always annoys the shit out of me is people who respond to plain terrorism with "well the other side is like this too".
No, fucking enlightened centrist, not every scenario has two equally bad sides.
Shitty people using a cause to do shitty things is very different from groups of people who have hate and violence as part of their core identity.
Same thing applies to "well, people of every color can be racist". Well, no shit. Judging people you don't know based on appearances, including race, is pretty much human nature. But please take into account who has consistently gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to racial discrimination in your country.
I'm not from the US so I'm not gonna talk too much about US politics, but if your entire argument to defend the atrocities your side commits is "well we're screwed anyway the other side is just as bad" then you're part of the problem.
One thing I will say though, from everything I read online the US political compass is absolutely crazy and makes no sense. Where I'm from and pretty much everywhere else in the world from what I hear I lean left on social issues while leaning slightly right in economics, but if I were in the US I'd be seen as a crazy commie. Idk what the hell happened over there but it's weird.
Like, apparently in your country thinking the police should, indeed, be held accountable for fucking killing people for no reason is a far left stance lol

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
One thing I will say though, from everything I read online the US political compass is absolutely crazy and makes no sense. Where I'm from and pretty much everywhere else in the world from what I hear I lean left on social issues while leaning slightly right in economics, but if I were in the US I'd be seen as a crazy commie. Idk what the hell happened over there but it's weird.
Like, apparently in your country thinking the police should, indeed, be held accountable for fucking killing people for no reason is a far left stance lol
Yup, people in this country are pretty far behind. Stuff that is common sense in every other first-world country in the civilized world, like gun control, government-subsidized healthcare, affordable education, common-sense law enforcement laws and guidelines, etc. is somehow compared to the most totalitarian Communist dictatorships in history.. As if these things aren't already in place and working in all the countries with the highest quality of life worldwide.

As someone who has been to a lot of other places, it makes me sad. This false 'Left vs. Right' dichotomy has been responsible for holding back actual progress to an extent that keeps us well behind everyone else.

Onryoki

She’s not racist but she’s a fucking idiot for linking this to antifa.

I can respond with “Trump supporters” and it’d have equal weight to what she just said - but it’d still be idiotic.
Well why is she an idiot? Isn’t Antifa a extremist politically left group that is often aggressive?

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
You’re an absolute fucking madman for this. This just might be the single longest post ever made on TYM. I mean, it’s a shame I’ll never know what you said here, but god dammit, I appreciate the effort.
I read the entire thing.
I started reading it on September 26th.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Except that firing blindly into an occupied house when you can't see what you're shooting at definitely isn't "reasonable". Thus the indictment for "wanton endangerment". So if the police kill someone while doing something which even a grand jury concludes is reckless, and isn't proper protocol, there should be legal consequences associated with that.

This is also why the FBI is now investigating.

The key phrase is the following:
"in violation of a department policy that requires officers to have a line of sight."

If they had line of sight, they wouldn't have killed the innocent civilian in the house. This isn't even acceptable under department policy, nor by the law. You can't just fire your gun indiscriminately as a law enforcement officer.
YOU CAN IN DAVE’S AMERICA.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Well why is she an idiot? Isn’t Antifa a extremist politically left group that is often aggressive?
Because she has zero proof. As much proof as me claiming that Scorpion came from the NetherRealm and did it.

Or do you have any? I’ll wait.