What's new

EX Throws - 50/50s

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
Johnny Cage had (arguably) the best restand move in MK9. He could end every combo in a restand, just like the MB throw in MKX. Did that mean he was a 50/50 character and would win if he got the first touch until the opponent guessed correctly? No.

Kabal had an amazing restand that he could end every combo with, did that mean he had a 50/50 that would win the game if he started it? No.

Same for Skarlet.

Having a restand does NOT mean having a free 50/50.

Scorpion had a great restand and depended A LOT on his 50/50s. Was he broken and would win if he got the first touch? No. Was he a boring rinse and repeat character? No. He was tons of fun to play against and with and he wasn't even good. NOW IMAGINE IF HE HAD TO SPEND A BAR FOR EVERY RESTAND!

Stop thinking that having a restand for one bar means every character is going to be Batgirl. It's not. Some characters will have good 50/50s, sure. But the game won't be shit.

Get your shit together, people, and calm yer tittes. The game is going to be awesome.
Well put. Although it DOES increase the chance of having vortexy characters. I believe in NRS atm though. Well just have to wait and see.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
Then you wouldn't want to MB it anyway, the MB throw is just like an akward shove instead of whatever baller throw your character has.
yeah but from the sound of it, you can tech those as well which is quite frankly stupid. im already sacrificing some damage for style.

JDM

Noob
Naw it's fine. Meter build in MK9 (which I assume MKX will be similar to) is wayyyy different than Injustice's. If it were in Injustice 2 then I'd be weary but most of the time you're gonna save your meter for breaker rather than going for a non guaranteed reset (assuming similar to MK9, again)

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
As far as I'm aware, this sort of mechanic is unprecedented?

I'm all for new things, as long as it all gets nerfed into oblivion because casuals can't conceptualize a response to it.

And that, my friends, was complete and utter satire. Thanks for reading. :coffee:

Some games have moves you could EX to get restands, CMD throws you could combo int like Iori's Scumgale or Krausers Krauser Claw would do the same, the mechanic is not that uncommon.
yeah but those chars were designed around it, a universal mechanic which some characters might benefit from more than others is different.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
....And so re-begins the MB Throw scare of 2015.

Seriously, if all of you keep doing this, we'll be doing re-re-re-re-begins of the MB Throw Scare.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
yeah but those chars were designed around it, a universal mechanic which some characters might benefit from more than others is different.
These characters that benefit more will still be built around the mechanic.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
ARE YOU PEOPLE SURE YOU CAN TECH A THROW DURING A JUGGLE?! THAT DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT!
You can't, who said you could??? If they're in hit stun or block disadvantage they cannot tech because it's part of a punish. E.g. They can't tech scorpions spear into throw and superman can't tech if they punish scoop on block with a throw

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I don't really know if I understand why everyone is worried about this being a thing, aren't the throws techable? I don't think I'd be worried about getting thrown out of combos. If they are techable you can literally just mash tech throughout a combo if you don't want to be reset, unless they have some sort of fail safe for that. Idk if they are though.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You can't, who said you could??? If they're in hit stun or block disadvantage they cannot tech because it's part of a punish. E.g. They can't tech scorpions spear into throw and superman can't tech if they punish scoop on block with a throw
During a juggle, you can. Its been shown in multiple streams.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I don't get the argument. If you can tech a throw while being juggled, there's no reason not to mash it out 100% of the time. Worst case, they end with something else that you couldn't tech anyway? I can't imagine me teching a throw would ever be worse than eating it. Weird argument.

Now throw tech is constantly being mashed, which means throwing a juggled opponent is useless. I would be amazed if that's how they made it.
Possibly not useless, but it's 50% success rate if teching wrongly locks you down from attempting to tech same throw again. If that's how it works and I see no reason why it wouldn't exactly because of what you've said.

Granted, I like the idea that mid-juggle throw may become breaker-bait of sorts.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I think it will be balanced and give all characters a chance to win.
Usefulness of Ex-throw really depends on your follow-up options, and it's fairly safe to say that they will be different for different characters. So not really that much of an equalizer - can go both ways.