What's new

Breakthrough - Predator EX-Scimitar Stab nerf

omooba

fear the moobs
are you serious.... are you comparing Predator on day 3 to Kabal from mk9??? im just going to avoid you for a while... you should know your wrong
tell me one tool kabal has that predator doesn't cause i know damn well kabals d1 wast plus on block. infact NO ONE EVER HAS HAD A PLUS ON BLOCK 9 FRAME D1

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
tell me one tool kabal has that predator doesn't cause i know damn well kabals d1 wast plus on block. infact NO ONE EVER HAS HAD A PLUS ON BLOCK 9 FRAME D1
what about Liu Kangs D3, its 12 frames and +1
lol ok we are gonna do this..... obnoxiously fast meter building/ fastest projectile spam in game/ dash canceling? ring a bell, endless chipstrings, hardcore 50/50 pressure.... not possible on this game with stamina meter... maybe you just dont understand predator because he is only been out for 3 days....

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
lol ok we are gonna do this..... obnoxiously fast meter building/ fastest projectile spam in game/ dash canceling? ring a bell, endless chipstrings, hardcore 50/50 pressure.... not possible on this game with stamina meter... maybe you just dont understand predator because he is only been out for 3 days....
have u fought predator? top 5 projectile recoverey and he doesn't need to instant air. his down 1 and close lazer give him jax like block strings for meter, he can dash cancel. he has better TRUE 50/50's not just pressure. and kabal's wasn't endless, u could get out of it.
i can assure u i've spent 72 hours either playing against predator or going to lab to figure out his weaknesses. i know the options to get out of his pressure, i know what his true 50/50's are, i know what his glitches and gimmicks are. i know almost all i can. When i say he's kabal broken i'm obviously over-exagerating but not by much cause honestly when u think about, he has all kabal's tools except his run canel isn't endless and his wake up is slow ( resulting in 37% into 50/50. obviously i can;t say he's without a doubt broken cause well still 1st week but HE' OBVIOUSLY BROKEN WITHOUT A DOUBT

MadeOfMetal

have u fought predator? top 5 projectile recoverey and he doesn't need to instant air. his down 1 and close lazer give him jax like block strings for meter, he can dash cancel. he has better TRUE 50/50's not just pressure. and kabal's wasn't endless, u could get out of it.
i can assure u i've spent 72 hours either playing against predator or going to lab to figure out his weaknesses. i know the options to get out of his pressure, i know what his true 50/50's are, i know what his glitches and gimmicks are. i know almost all i can. When i say he's kabal broken i'm obviously over-exagerating but not by much cause honestly when u think about, he has all kabal's tools except his run canel isn't endless and his wake up is slow ( resulting in 37% into 50/50. obviously i can;t say he's without a doubt broken cause well still 1st week but HE' OBVIOUSLY BROKEN WITHOUT A DOUBT
you are reaching a bit don't you think? just a bit? cuz he has nothing near Kabal

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I really feel Predator is too strong in his current state.
He's the first character which actually makes mine feel weak.
Either I can't adjust properly, or there is something wrong with him.
No doubt his frame data will get adjusted along with damage scaling.

In the meantime I'll just keep on playing MKX: Predator & Scorpion simulator (seriously 4 out of 5 people I fought yesterday in ~50 matches was playing either Predator or Scorpion)

Ugh, give me break! No nerfs needed, cry babies! Give it a week for f@#k's sake! I am actually very impressed with this char and just because you don't know the MU yet or you just aren't that good, STFU and get in practice mode! Use the record function and learn your punishes, corner escapes, etc! The tools are there!

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Ugh, give me break! No nerfs needed, cry babies! Give it a week for f@#k's sake! I am actually very impressed with this char and just because you don't know the MU yet or you just aren't that good, STFU and get in practice mode! Use the record function and learn your punishes, corner escapes, etc! The tools are there!
There's always the guy who plays the character and goes "L2P"
The game has been out long enough for people to understand mechanics and evaluate if a character doesn't feel right.

On a side note, if anyone should STFU it should be you for being a hypocrit.
Either say something useful or go to gamefaqs.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
Dude, appearently you are an online player... Just like fullauto Jacqui spamming, plasmashots do work online. That cannot be the reason for nerfs of any kind. Jacqui is lowtier too...

Predator does have some severe flaws and your knowledge of mechanics doesn't seem good enough to recognize them. Horrible wakeups are one of these. A below average upclose game might be another one. I could go on, but I suggest that you look into said flaws for yourself and THEN judge.

Predator seems way weaker than most toptier characters (Raiden, DVorah, Kung Lao, Kung Jin). Besides most toptiers seem to be a bad matchup for Predator at the same time. Unless he is Top 3, I see no reason for any character to get nerfed. Someone has to be placed as "number 7" or whatever...

Spent your energy on getting the toptiers nerfed please. And do it in their sub-forums. The amount of salt in here is horrible... all this whining on TYM has reached a critical level. This makes it impossible to focus on exploring and evaluating a new DLC. Then again this is what we should be doing right now, so we can finally judge his tier ranking in like two weeks!

ikr, i dont get this community... 1st day, calling for nerfs. no mu experience, no tourny experience, not even enough time to work out full tech, gameplay, or what moves are the best on each character, but somehow someone states one of his moves is OP and needs a nerf, its idiotic.

he should at least have a month before the attacks! some time in tourny's and maybe some time to get MU experience against him?

these statements are almost as idiotic as brady's claim that Predator Hunter is a better GM SZ....

i will concede that TOM has the GM experience, but i don't feel that he has the Predator experience to make such a statement on 2nd day of release.

i expected better from a tourny player!

and yes i understand that he is mad about his sub basically being sodomized in the clone department. but holy crap he is taking this way to far... anyone who did care about it, probably is tired of it now and don't care.

he is starting to attack other characters on day 2 of release, to get his sub back to nmk9 clone.
THANK YOU!

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Predator d4 is decent but far from amazing. Are you aware that is full combo punishable by a lot of characters?
Yeah if your really really looking for it and if its close

plus i always cancel it into down plasma so its safe when you do that

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
He needs buffs, not nerfs. All his specials require meter to get damage and all his specials are unsafe
Like most of other chars in the game

cant he get like 30% off 212 and before you say it 21 into 2 is definitely conformable

Sub cant even get that Dmg with a bar off meter

ikr, i dont get this community... 1st day, calling for nerfs. no mu experience, no tourny experience, not even enough time to work out full tech, gameplay, or what moves are the best on each character, but somehow someone states one of his moves is OP and needs a nerf, its idiotic.

he should at least have a month before the attacks! some time in tourny's and maybe some time to get MU experience against him?

these statements are almost as idiotic as brady's claim that Predator Hunter is a better GM SZ....

i will concede that TOM has the GM experience, but i don't feel that he has the Predator experience to make such a statement on 2nd day of release.

i expected better from a tourny player!

and yes i understand that he is mad about his sub basically being sodomized in the clone department. but holy crap he is taking this way to far... anyone who did care about it, probably is tired of it now and don't care.

he is starting to attack other characters on day 2 of release, to get his sub back to nmk9 clone.
Slow down.. I have never attacked predator, said he was broken, or EVER called for a single nerf to him. All I said was that his CORNER set ups work like a better version of SZ. That does not mean broken. You assume too much and speak falsely.

MadeOfMetal

Slow down.. I have never attacked predator, said he was broken, or EVER called for a single nerf to him. All I said was that his CORNER set ups work like a better version of SZ. That does not mean broken. You assume too much and speak falsely.
i was up all night... and it was day 1, people where calling for nerfs. and when you posted i knew the crazyness to follow your comment. im trying to protect my character till at least we can figure him out.

i seen you in the predator conference... and realized now that you where not attacking him... sorry brady... these nerfs have been getting to me... i just don't understand how the community got this hate towards labing it up before buffing and nerfing... honestly i don't know why they don't wait till balances are done before seeing if something is wrong then.

my apologies again... i was out of line and ill admit it... maybe some time you can show me your tech with hunter.

ill edit last post.

I really feel Predator is too strong in his current state.
He's the first character which actually makes mine feel weak.
Either I can't adjust properly, or there is something wrong with him.
The game has been out long enough for people to understand mechanics and evaluate if a character doesn't feel right.
I am not saying anything useful? You're comments are clearly based only on your "feelings" about the character. If you stated some facts about what makes him unbalanced (M/U experience, frame data, scaling, etc.) then maybe you would have said something useful. "Whaaaahh my feewings!!"

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I am not saying anything useful? You're comments are clearly based only on your "feelings" about the character. If you stated some facts about what makes him unbalanced (M/U experience, frame data, scaling, etc.) then maybe you would have said something useful. "Whaaaahh my feewings!!"
Are you just here to stir up drama?
Again, hypocrite.
People call out what's wrong and give their views and you immediately go on the defense telling people to STFU.
So if any ones feelings are an issue, they are yours.

Are you just here to stir up drama?
Again, hypocrit.
You are calling for a character who hasn't been out for one week to be nerfed and only stating your "feelings". I am not stirring up drama. I am disagreeing with you because you haven't stated any facts. I like Predator, and don't want to see him nerfed because of baseless claims made by players who just don't know the matchup yet. That is all. Continue crying.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
You are calling for a character who hasn't been out for one week to be nerfed and only stating your "feelings". I am not stirring up drama. I am disagreeing with you because you haven't stated any facts. I like Predator, and don't want to see him nerfed because of baseless claims made by players who just don't know the matchup yet. That is all. Continue crying.
You didn't state any facts which claim he's fine either.
So yeah...
Besides, that, I never called out he needs to get nerfed, I said he most likely will (get tuned properly at least due to inproper damage scaling).

But you know what; there is no point arguing with you.
You play the character, you like it, so you don't want anything to happen to your character.
I've seen pretty much everyone that plays him defend him.
Pretty sure they did the same with Tanya.
Oh and speaking of very early "nerfes" need I remind you of Erron Black?
That ended up being fine in the end.
People are just scared if their character gets a few slaps here and there the character becomes completely useless, which rarely ever is the case.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Just nerf the ability to cancel strings into the bomb trap, that's what's most annoying about him the most.
His corner game is strong but not OP.
He should be fine after that one and only nerf.

Some chars get 50% one bar, he gets 40% and people are crying, really?

EH SS can be stuffed by fast strings and pokes, it can be NJP'd for full juggle and block and full combo punished, what's so OP about that?

Last edited:
But you know what; there is no point arguing with you.
THIS

NRS, if you are listening, there are players out there that understand that fighting games are supposed to be hard! If a character has a move/property that seems insane, we figure out a solution. We don't cry for nerfs. We are the old school supporters of the franchise, not a bunch of cry baby new age gamers that have grown up on easy mode !!!!

Find a good Shinnok player and you will find predator is worthless as he doesn't have the speed to do anything. I'm not going to say he needs anything, I'm just saying WE HAVEN'T HAD ENOUGH TIME! I'm maining predator now, and I want my own forum damn it, my character has value!