What's new

Breakthrough - Predator EX-Scimitar Stab nerf

omooba

fear the moobs
i'm not asking for a nerf i'm just saying it will get nerfed. currently it doesn't scale dmg at all. like other than the general scaling for one hit it doesn't scale at all. I'm pointing this out so we don't get too defendant on this move in case the nerf completely destroys it.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
yeah i got a feeling that he will get some nerfs, i dont even think he needs the nerfs, i just hope that when he does get hit with the nerf hammer that hish-qu-ten gets fairly untouched since i love the zoning in that variation so much

omooba

fear the moobs
yeah i got a feeling that he will get some nerfs, i dont even think he needs the nerfs, i just hope that when he does get hit with the nerf hammer that hish-qu-ten gets fairly untouched since i love the zoning in that variation so much
i fought a guy using him last night and that shit is GODLIKE.from the recovery to the ability to stagger and cancel and create it's own 50/50's i'm just like whaaaaaaa. don't think it's broken though just really good

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
i fought a guy using him last night and that shit is GODLIKE.from the recovery to the ability to stagger and cancel and create it's own 50/50's i'm just like whaaaaaaa. don't think it's broken though just really good
yeah i love the zoning, his recovery is way better than kenshis, but, i actually think that kenshis zoning is better, another but is that predator has more up close options and i can use EX scimitar as a combo starter for if someone for example wants to slide their way in i can blow that up for an easy 35% but i have pretty much fallen in love with hish, it is a beautiful beautiful variation

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
i hope they stay the fuck off him.... if they do do anything... they should only mess with his damage scaling, and not his movelist... in fact they could make some of his starters faster on startup.

omooba

fear the moobs
i hope they stay the fuck off him.... if they do do anything... they should only mess with his damage scaling, and not his movelist... in fact they could make some of his starters faster on startup.
fastest down 4 in the game...bruh

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Omg just play the game and don't worry about it. If they nerf they nerf. There has been more discussion what nrs may change about him than how to play the actual fucking character. This is so stupid.
Come on Bruh chill. Let people discuss what they want without being so edgy. Noones really complaing or anything.
I thought thats the whole point of discussions upon a community....

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
Think about this logically instead of getting your hopes up...
He will catch a hit (or 2) from the nerf bat. We all know its going to happen. Hoping and downplaying it will not stop it.
Enjoy the damn game and stop with this incessant WHAAAAAAAAAAA.

MadeOfMetal

fastest down 4 in the game...bruh
not only what you just said isn't true but its down right stupid.... D4 is not a deciding factor in winning the game! no need to nerf it! or his whole movelist because he has a long range D4
Example: even though Predators D4 is 8Frames Start up, and its faster than Kung jins 9 frame D4, jumping takes 4 frames to get out of colision, and ?Kung jins NJP has more range then Predators D4.

here is the roster's frame data on D4 startup by rank:

1. Kotal Kahn-6
2. Predator-8 (he does have the longest range, but someone has to) kung jin has the longest NJP)
Scorpion-8
Cassie-8
Kano-8

3. Kung lao-9
Jax-9
Sub Zero-9
Goro-9
Kung jin-9
D'vorah-9

4. Sonya-10

5. Kitana-11
Mileena-11
Shinnok-11
Johnny-11
Erron Black-11
Ermac-11

5. Liu Kang-12
Tanya-12
Reptile-12

6. Kenshi-13
Jacqui-13
Ferra Torr-13
Raiden-13

7. Jason-14

8. Quan Chi-15

9. Takeda-16​

as you can clearly see he isn't the fastest D4. and we might note that most at the bottom of this list are known top tier characters, and we can see D4 didn't keep them from winning tournaments!

MadeOfMetal

Jesus christ it's been like 2 days chill the fuck out , how about we see his full potential before calling the nerf hammer on anything.
ikr, i dont get this community... 1st day, calling for nerfs. no mu experience, no tourny experience, not even enough time to work out full tech, gameplay, or what moves are the best on each character, but somehow someone states one of his moves is OP and needs a nerf, its idiotic.

he should at least have a month before the attacks! some time in tourny's and maybe some time to get MU experience against him?

Last edited:

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Come on Bruh chill. Let people discuss what they want without being so edgy. Noones really complaing or anything.
I thought thats the whole point of discussions upon a community....
Some people want to discuss how to actually play the game instead of the buff and nerf threads that make up the majority of discussions these days. This community is obsessed and instead of actually trying to learn how this character functions in the meta and exploring it would rather just wait for buff or nerfs.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Predator d4 is decent but far from amazing. Are you aware that is full combo punishable by a lot of characters?

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
currently it doesn't scale dmg at all. like other than the general scaling for one hit it doesn't scale at all.
For the record, that isn't really how it works. Every hit or move scales something a cerain amount, one hit doesn't always scale an additional amount. Only a few moves dont' scale AT ALL (Warlock Quan's en Scoop and mileena's u3 mb are the only ones I can think of). Some moves have 5% scaling, like most standing 4 or standing 3s. Predator's EN SS adds 10% scaling, which is pretty average.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Predator d4 is decent but far from amazing. Are you aware that is full combo punishable by a lot of characters?
From max range?

Also, what do you want? A poke with that kind of range to be SAFE???

Get out of here.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
From max range?

Also, what do you want? A poke with that kind of range to be SAFE???

Get out of here.
Is this the way to answer? I only pointed out that IT IS UNSAFE, never asked for it to be any different....what the fuck is your problem?

And yes, it's punishable from max range by some of the characters that are actually very used in tournaments, like Cassie or Raiden.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Is this the way to answer? I only pointed out that IT IS UNSAFE, never asked for it to be any different....what the fuck is your problem?

And yes, it's punishable from max range by some of the characters that are actually very used in tournaments, like Cassie or Raiden.
Some, not all.

I word things harshly, but my point stands: You can't have everything. It should be unsafe. It doesn't make it not an amazing move.

In order to punish it, you have to be looking for it. While you're scouting a d4, Predator can do something else, instead.