What's new

Breakthrough - Predator EX-Scimitar Stab nerf

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
i'm not asking for a nerf i'm just saying it will get nerfed. currently it doesn't scale dmg at all. like other than the general scaling for one hit it doesn't scale at all. I'm pointing this out so we don't get too defendant on this move in case the nerf completely destroys it.
Not before Scorpion gets that Ground demon nerfed to hell.

I think they should just delete the predator forums till the spaz's chillax.
Yeah, I was joking. This Nerf talk is starting to get old. I think we need to just have a special forum for just Nerf's and the people who complain. There should be a special counter of how many posts you have posted that have the words "needs" and "Nerf" in them; Just so we know who the complainers are.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
Yeah, I was joking. This Nerf talk is starting to get old. I think we need to just have a special forum for just Nerf's and the people who complain. There should be a special counter of how many posts you have posted that have the words "needs" and "Nerf" in them; Just so we know who the complainers are.
We have one of those forums it's called the Netherrealm or something... where the locked threads go... lol
But seriously I think a whole new forum area for people to post discussion about some nerfs/buffs because it is healthy to have these discussion especially when someone is really awful and someone else BROKE, however yeah perhaps the character forums should be for usual information and various stuff about them that isn't this talk, it's horrible as a main to see "NERF" in your character forum, and it's not good to see so many "BUFF" ones either because you look like a bunch of whining downplayers.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Predator d4 is decent but far from amazing. Are you aware that is full combo punishable by a lot of characters?
In Hish-Qu-Ten, you can make d+4 around -3 or -4 on block with Plasma Caster cancel at the expense of one bar of stamina.

d+4 xx close plasma shot also works but is not a tight string.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Lol at people claiming he needs buffs.

Yes he will get a damage nerf, his corner damage is stupid.

Yes SS will probably get adjusted scaling. At the moment it doesn't scale any more than just a single hit.

It's also likely that trap in hunter will get some sort of cool down added to it.

No he does not need a wake up buff. Learn to block.

If you're struggling as predator it might be because he's just come out and you don't know how to use him effectively. Or you could suck. Take your pick.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Lol at people claiming he needs buffs.

Yes he will get a damage nerf, his corner damage is stupid.

Yes SS will probably get adjusted scaling. At the moment it doesn't scale any more than just a single hit.

It's also likely that trap in hunter will get some sort of cool down added to it.

No he does not need a wake up buff. Learn to block.

If you're struggling as predator it might be because he's just come out and you don't know how to use him effectively. Or you could suck. Take your pick.
i hope he stays the same. even though i have found flaws with him. ill learn to work around them. i think to many people rely on nerfs/buffs instead of good old fashioned lab work/MU exp

if the things you stated above happens he would be ruined, just to give a hint there is a punch string that Goro pulled off on me earlier today. i was hunter predator and he was the ground pound Goro, he stuffed my metered BF4 with a standing normal, over and over. thought it would be nice for you all to look into.

if your struggling against him, it might be that he is new and you haven't quite figured out what is best against all of his moves, or you suck, take your pick! (hey look that can go both ways)

not hating just speaking my mind. i feel they may do something horrific like Nerf to an already nerfed character because the community whines about anything that takes 20min to lab up. or let it ride for a month for once in the history of mk games.

god forbid we actually see how he actually stacks up against the entire roster in several tourney's, instead of what always happens... some loser begs for the nerf before the tournament. apparently it has become the norm to nerf before results... 1 tourney isn't sufficient for solid results, we all know deep down it takes more than 50 sets to figure out every thing to do with every character.

here is a crazy idea.... is it possible to wait till the balance changes get done and over with before asking for nerfs/buffs?

nothing against @Pan1cMode , just towards all in general that state that they believe a character needs a nerf or will get one in thiere mind before the character has had time/room to grow/breath in this game... its only day 3 barely, honestly nothing should be said about this character in terms of nerf/buff!

it should be more along the lines of what are you struggling with and how can we het around it. does his corner game lock certain mu's up, can anyone find tech to stuff this crap?

you know collaberation and teamwork on the forums instead of childish behavior.

once again i must say this is in no way directed towards @Pan1cMode i have enoyed many of your post while watching this forum through the years... just i don't agree with you on this specific topic, and i feel i have the right to state that. Esp. sice im maining Predator Hunter. and i will note i called that as soon as the name showed up in kombat cards.. before the release. long before....

i feel predator could be top 5 if we work hard enough on his tech.... just can't tell at the moment....

i have had problems with the following MU's

Shinnok Imposter, Sonya Covert Ops/Demolition, Jax Heavy Weapons/Pumped up,
Tanya Kobu/pogo hopper (that teleporting freak...lol

and so far I'm not sure on the rest.

jax has that double punch standing, and the Crouching double punch corner game that usually stuffs MBWU on accident.

who uses Predator and has bad MU's?

Last edited:

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Predator d4 is decent but far from amazing. Are you aware that is full combo punishable by a lot of characters?
I usually do it from a pretty far range. I think only Sub, Reptile and probably Mileena can get it at max range, but thats my theory.
I wouldnt say far from amazing. Its still better than most d4s.

MadeOfMetal

I usually do it from a pretty far range. I think only Sub, Reptile and probably Mileena can get it at max range, but thats my theory.
I wouldnt say far from amazing. Its still better than most d4s.
yeah its deffinately close the the longest d4.... and one of the fastest... but can be nj wiffed in 4 frames...#kung jin NJP

not trying to ruin my own character but i feel it is a little cheap that i can cancel off of D4 into special #BF4 enhanced 30%+

-narshkajke-

klone enthusiast
ikr, i dont get this community... 1st day, calling for nerfs. no mu experience, no tourny experience, not even enough time to work out full tech, gameplay, or what moves are the best on each character, but somehow someone states one of his moves is OP and needs a nerf, its idiotic.

he should at least have a month before the attacks! some time in tourny's and maybe some time to get MU experience against him?

these statements are almost as idiotic as brady's claim that Predator Hunter is a better GM SZ....

i will concede that TOM has the GM experience, but i don't feel that he has the Predator experience to make such a statement on 2nd day of release.

i expected better from a tourny player!

and yes i understand that he is mad about his sub basically being sodomized in the clone department. but holy crap he is taking this way to far... anyone who did care about it, probably is tired of it now and don't care.

he is starting to attack other characters on day 2 of release, to get his sub back to nmk9 clone.
I kinda get why brady said those stuff, his character main special move got a lot of problem and inconsistencies, that which being denied as a problem blatantly by nrs, and also being called an embarrassment for pointing out those stuff.

MadeOfMetal

I kinda get why brady said those stuff, his character main special move got a lot of problem and inconsistencies, that which being denied as a problem blatantly by nrs, and also being called an embarrassment for pointing out those stuff.
i get it, just the level he took it to. all i was saying

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
It won't.

Yes, he gets 38% from a MB Punish, same as Raiden.

It can't be used as a viable wake up, it can't be used as an armoured reversal to get out of trouble as it is very slow to connect, and so it should be, it is also very punishable.

Taking any damage he gets away from him would ruin the move completely. As a community, you should know that it is ok for a fighting game to possess a few good moves with some down sides to them.

Totally normal.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
  • i hope he stays the same. even though i have found flaws with him. ill learn to work around them. i think to many people rely on nerfs/buffs instead of good old fashioned lab work/MU exp

if the things you stated above happens he would be ruined, just to give a hint there is a punch string that Goro pulled off on me earlier today. i was hunter predator and he was the ground pound Goro, he stuffed my metered BF4 with a standing normal, over and over. thought it would be nice for you all to look into.

if your struggling against him, it might be that he is new and you haven't quite figured out what is best against all of his moves, or you suck, take your pick! (hey look that can go both ways)

not hating just speaking my mind. i feel they may do something horrific like Nerf to an already nerfed character because the community whines about anything that takes 20min to lab up. or let it ride for a month for once in the history of mk games.

god forbid we actually see how he actually stacks up against the entire roster in several tourney's, instead of what always happens... some loser begs for the nerf before the tournament. apparently it has become the norm to nerf before results... 1 tourney isn't sufficient for solid results, we all know deep down it takes more than 50 sets to figure out every thing to do with every character.

here is a crazy idea.... is it possible to wait till the balance changes get done and over with before asking for nerfs/buffs?

nothing against @Pan1cMode , just towards all in general that state that they believe a character needs a nerf or will get one in thiere mind before the character has had time/room to grow/breath in this game... its only day 3 barely, honestly nothing should be said about this character in terms of nerf/buff!

it should be more along the lines of what are you struggling with and how can we het around it. does his corner game lock certain mu's up, can anyone find tech to stuff this crap?

you know collaberation and teamwork on the forums instead of childish behavior.

once again i must say this is in no way directed towards @Pan1cMode i have enoyed many of your post while watching this forum through the years... just i don't agree with you on this specific topic, and i feel i have the right to state that. Esp. sice im maining Predator Hunter. and i will note i called that as soon as the name showed up in kombat cards.. before the release. long before....

i feel predator could be top 5 if we work hard enough on his tech.... just can't tell at the moment....

i have had problems with the following MU's

Shinnok Imposter, Sonya Covert Ops/Demolition, Jax Heavy Weapons/Pumped up,
    Tanya Kobu/pogo hopper (that teleporting freak...lol

and so far I'm not sure on the rest.

jax has that double punch standing, and the Crouching double punch corner game that usually stuffs MBWU on accident.

who uses Predator and has bad MU's?
    I don't think he needs a nerf as of yet. I'm saying he will get nerfed in these areas. It's much too early to tell whether or not he actually requires a nerf.

I'm also not struggling against him, and am in fact using him.

I haven't really had trouble against Tanya nor Sonya. I'm yet to play a good Jax as predator so I'll reserve judgment on that MU. Shinnok is weird, you have to stay out of range of hell sparks and bait tele's. It's not so hard once you get used to playing it. Also, dash cancel pressure is legit.
It won't.

Yes, he gets 38% from a MB Punish, same as Raiden.

It can't be used as a viable wake up, it can't be used as an armoured reversal to get out of trouble as it is very slow to connect, and so it should be, it is also very punishable.

Taking any damage he gets away from him would ruin the move completely. As a community, you should know that it is ok for a fighting game to possess a few good moves with some down sides to them.

Totally normal.
It's more about his 50% corner combos in laser variation due to this stab.

It's hilarious hearing people complaining how bad this move is when Jacqui's bf2 is just as slow (23 frames) more punishable (-21 compared to -14) and doesn't launch.

It also reaches basically full screen.

This will get toned down, mark my words.

MadeOfMetal

• I don't think he needs a nerf as of yet. I'm saying he will get nerfed in these areas. It's much too early to tell whether or not he actually requires a nerf.

I'm also not struggling against him, and am in fact using him.

I haven't really had trouble against Tanya nor Sonya. I'm yet to play a good Jax as predator so I'll reserve judgment on that MU. Shinnok is weird, you have to stay out of range of hell sparks and bait tele's. It's not so hard once you get used to playing it. Also, dash cancel pressure is legit.
It's more about his 50% corner combos in laser variation due to this stab.

It's hilarious hearing people complaining how bad this move is when Jacqui's bf2 is just as slow (23 frames) more punishable (-21 compared to -14) and doesn't launch.

It also reaches basically full screen.

This will get toned down, mark my words.
i agree the 122 and BF4 will have to be scaled correctly

omooba

fear the moobs
not only what you just said isn't true but its down right stupid.... D4 is not a deciding factor in winning the game! no need to nerf it! or his whole movelist because he has a long range D4
Example: even though Predators D4 is 8Frames Start up, and its faster than Kung jins 9 frame D4, jumping takes 4 frames to get out of colision, and ?Kung jins NJP has more range then Predators D4.

here is the roster's frame data on D4 startup by rank:

1. Kotal Kahn-6
2. Predator-8 (he does have the longest range, but someone has to) kung jin has the longest NJP)
Scorpion-8
Cassie-8
Kano-8

3. Kung lao-9
Jax-9
Sub Zero-9
Goro-9
Kung jin-9
D'vorah-9

4. Sonya-10

5. Kitana-11
Mileena-11
Shinnok-11
Johnny-11
Erron Black-11
Ermac-11

5. Liu Kang-12
Tanya-12
Reptile-12

6. Kenshi-13
Jacqui-13
Ferra Torr-13
Raiden-13

7. Jason-14

8. Quan Chi-15

9. Takeda-16​

as you can clearly see he isn't the fastest D4. and we might note that most at the bottom of this list are known top tier characters, and we can see D4 didn't keep them from winning tournaments!
first of all i was exaggerating. second of all ur telling me that u think even though he has the longest reaching d4 in the game and it's 7 frames he should get faster moves. i'm not even going to touch all his other godlike traits in neutral but ur really asking for faster moves??????? and ur calling ME stupid, must be a troll account

MadeOfMetal

first of all i was exaggerating. second of all ur telling me that u think even though he has the longest reaching d4 in the game and it's 7 frames he should get faster moves. i'm not even going to touch all his other godlike traits in neutral but ur really asking for faster moves??????? and ur calling ME stupid, must be a troll account
he has some of the slowest in other movesets... and yes i stand by what i said. im not going to try to make you understand

omooba

fear the moobs
For the record, that isn't really how it works. Every hit or move scales something a cerain amount, one hit doesn't always scale an additional amount. Only a few moves dont' scale AT ALL (Warlock Quan's en Scoop and mileena's u3 mb are the only ones I can think of). Some moves have 5% scaling, like most standing 4 or standing 3s. Predator's EN SS adds 10% scaling, which is pretty average.
average for a launcher? i havent done much testing but it literally scales the same as if just did a jump in 2. wasn;t that the same problem with raiden's ex shocker?

MadeOfMetal

omg is this really happening? people are asking for buffs? we might as well buff kabal oh and give aquaman's spear more meter build
are you serious.... are you comparing Predator on day 3 to Kabal from mk9??? im just going to avoid you for a while... you should know your wrong... the guy who made that post was telling you it was a string used before the BF4 that caused the scaling to go so high....

omooba

fear the moobs
he has some of the slowest in other movesets... and yes i stand by what i said. im not going to try to make you understand
see the worst part is ur actually asking for buffs on a character with probably the best nuetral in this game right now, does more dmg than a lot of the cast with worst nuetral game "cough* fisticuffs, has safe 50/50's and 37% wakeup. i'm done