What's new

EVO 2024 Discussion and Reactions Thread

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
Spends several posts calling other people uneducated and dumb. Doesn’t understand the difference between misanthropy and misandry. lmfao
Yeah, my bad, I used a word wrong. I can be pretty dumb. I also had to edit to correct ecophalia to ecolalia in one post. My dumb ass. Youre pointing out semantics and adding nothing to the topic, though, should I assume you're the paragon of intelligence?

Edit: Also, I fully understand the difference. I just used the wrong word? This level of petty assholishness is why I said anything to Rude. Fuck the point someone's making, huh? Just if you can find a way to sound like you're better than others, take it? Lol. I swear, the internet has created a type of person, and that person doesn't know who or what they are.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think it's funny that you mention Tom, since he constantly contradicts himself. When MKX was alive, all he did was bitch about it. Now he talks about it like it was the best of times.

It's a grift. Tom and Dave are grifters. They don't believe anything and only like 5 people care about anything they have to say.
...Well, that's an interesting take.

I don't know exactly what it is they're grifting when the community has been shrinking for years and there's literally no reason to do what they do other than because it's what they've always done. I've disagreed with MANY of their opinions over the years, ESPECIALLY in MKX when the Brady VS Madzin/Who's the best Sub-Zero debate was going on; but the fact remains that they're legitimately the two oldest oldheads going all the way back to the MK Armageddon and beyond days that are still around, and believing they have any reason or motivation to do anything other than be themselves this far down the line seems kind of silly, especially when the evidence and the statistics all lean in their favor.

I was there in 2012 when MLG happened; and in 2013 when Sonic lost to Noobe in Top 16 of IJ1 and then never lost another major in that game until MKX dropped; and in 2015 at Summer Jam for the infamous 13-0 match. The NRS scene does not have anywhere close to the juice or the allure it used to have. We went from Injustice 2 making it to live TV to not even being in the Top 8 of number of EVO entrants, and thats after the disaster that was MK11 being left off the EVO mainstage entirely when we were living in the Flying Jacqui Briggs Meta.
This is not a Dave and Tom problem. This is an NRS/WB/Kombat Kast feeding us malarchy for years when they know they're putting out sub-par content problem. It's the same thing that Destiny 2 has been going through for YEARS, and they get away with it because WB can afford to do the Trump and Make MK Great Again™ anytime they want. They choose not to, because drip-feeding content and letting the playerbase figure the game out for them is easier and more cost-efficient.

Also, it's 2024 and we still don't have online lobbies.

There's no defending how below standard this first year has been.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Yeah, my bad, I used a word wrong. I can be pretty dumb. I also had to edit to correct ecophalia to ecolalia in one post. My dumb ass. Youre pointing out semantics and adding nothing to the topic, though, should I assume you're the paragon of intelligence?

Edit: Also, I fully understand the difference. I just used the wrong word? This level of petty assholishness is why I said anything to Rude. Fuck the point someone's making, huh? Just if you can find a way to sound like you're better than others, take it? Lol. I swear, the internet has created a type of person, and that person doesn't know who or what they are.
Cope and seethe

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
...Well, that's an interesting take.

I don't know exactly what it is they're grifting when the community has been shrinking for years and there's literally no reason to do what they do other than because it's what they've always done. I've disagreed with MANY of their opinions over the years, ESPECIALLY in MKX when the Brady VS Madzin/Who's the best Sub-Zero debate was going on; but the fact remains that they're legitimately the two oldest oldheads going all the way back to the MK Armageddon and beyond days that are still around, and believing they have any reason or motivation to do anything other than be themselves this far down the line seems kind of silly, especially when the evidence and the statistics all lean in their favor.

I was there in 2012 when MLG happened; and in 2013 when Sonic lost to Noobe in Top 16 of IJ1 and then never lost another major in that game until MKX dropped; and in 2015 at Summer Jam for the infamous 13-0 match. The NRS scene does not have anywhere close to the juice or the allure it used to have. We went from Injustice 2 making it to live TV to not even being in the Top 8 of number of EVO entrants, and thats after the disaster that was MK11 being left off the EVO mainstage entirely when we were living in the Flying Jacqui Briggs Meta.
This is not a Dave and Tom problem. This is an NRS/WB/Kombat Kast feeding us malarchy for years when they know they're putting out sub-par content problem. It's the same thing that Destiny 2 has been going through for YEARS, and they get away with it because WB can afford to do the Trump and Make MK Great Again™ anytime they want. They choose not to, because drip-feeding content and letting the playerbase figure the game out for them is easier and more cost-efficient.

Also, it's 2024 and we still don't have online lobbies.

There's no defending how below standard this first year has been.
Why would I think that the guy that scammed people out of money to travel to events he never went to is a dishonest grifter?

Hmm. I dunno. Guess I just made it up.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Why don't you guys just play a FT10, loser leaves the site? Bring some hype to this shit hole. Elsewise just blow each other and hug it out.

@PoopMaster, I'll leave when I'm good and ready. (Which will prob be on Tuesday unless Boon comes through, doubtful.)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Why would I think that the guy that scammed people out of money to travel to events he never went to is a dishonest grifter?

Hmm. I dunno. Guess I just made it up.
Goes on the list of the many things Brady has said and done that I vehemently disagreed with.

I'm not saying he's always been a great human being or that he hasn't been astoundingly wrong in the past.

What I am saying is that that has absolutely nothing about the validity of his and Dave's arguments in the here and now, which is that the NRS community and Mortal Kombat as a whole has been brought to a low point that it hasn't seen since it became competitively relevant enough to be featured at EVO in the first place.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
"Cope and Seethe"

You told me to go outside earlier, but you're literally just back to back eternally online quips. Like, I know I come off as mad when I'm not joking, but you do get that I don't take you seriously, or respect you, I'm not angry at your responses, I'm just laughing at you and bullying you for trying to be a bully? Right? Like this is me pushing the kid that pushed a kid. Not on any batman shit, it's wrong and mean of me, but I'm deadass just giggling and cumming my pants at myself beating up the kid with a helmet. Hope that's clear.

I'd ft10 loser leaves. You down? @Vulgar

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Guys. Turning the entire thread into a catfight does nothing for the actual discussion, which is supposed to be about EVO/the competitive scene. Let's get back on topic and discuss these things as adults, even if we disagree.

rifraf

Dojo Trainee
Guys. Turning the entire thread into a catfight does nothing for the actual discussion, which is supposed to be about EVO/the competitive scene. Let's get back on topic and discuss these things as adults, even if we disagree.
Tbf, it's a singular person most of the times derailing every thread. Just saying...

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
"Cope and Seethe"

You told me to go outside earlier, but you're literally just back to back eternally online quips. Like, I know I come off as mad when I'm not joking, but you do get that I don't take you seriously, or respect you, I'm not angry at your responses, I'm just laughing at you and bullying you for trying to be a bully? Right? Like this is me pushing the kid that pushed a kid. Not on any batman shit, it's wrong and mean of me, but I'm deadass just giggling and cumming my pants at myself beating up the kid with a helmet. Hope that's clear.

I'd ft10 loser leaves. You down? @Vulgar
You keep telling us how much you don't care whilst constantly slobbering on my knob. You don't care SO MUCH that you want to try and make it so that I can never post here again.

That's how much you don't care.

Most entertaining nervous breakdown I've ever seen.

Seriously, seek help.

Send me your PSN and we can play anytime I'm online.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Goes on the list of the many things Brady has said and done that I vehemently disagreed with.

I'm not saying he's always been a great human being or that he hasn't been astoundingly wrong in the past.

What I am saying is that that has absolutely nothing about the validity of his and Dave's arguments in the here and now, which is that the NRS community and Mortal Kombat as a whole has been brought to a low point that it hasn't seen since it became competitively relevant enough to be featured at EVO in the first place.
But that's just not true. Tournament attendance has been consistent with past games, for the most part.

Not to mention countless weekly online events like R1P's Arena and COTR, the game is doing fine.

It was on the main stage this year, it'll be on the main stage again next year. As long as people are willing to sign up or travel, game isn't dead.

Which is a narrative you, Tom, and Dave keep pushing despite reality proving y'all wrong endlessly.

Honestly, you guys should play Tekken or SF6 or something you actually like. Since you don't like this game, which is a completely valid feeling to have.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
K Arslan Ash just wrapped up the dub. Good f the man made a shit ton of money in the past two years.

Hoping we get a Terry trailer of some sort.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Did you hear that pop for Heihachi?

THAT is the sound of a crowd getting loud.
But that's just not true. Tournament attendance has been consistent with past games, for the most part.

Not to mention countless weekly online events like R1P's Arena and COTR, the game is doing fine.

It was on the main stage this year, it'll be on the main stage again next year. As long as people are willing to sign up or travel, game isn't dead.

Which is a narrative you, Tom, and Dave keep pushing despite reality proving y'all wrong endlessly.

Honestly, you guys should play Tekken or SF6 or something you actually like. Since you don't like this game, which is a completely valid feeling to have.
I don't understand what narrative it is I'm pushing that you're so preoccupied with.
I'm an old-ass man who's been playing this game since the first grade. I have been sipping wine from the FGC chalice for thirteen years, and have seen literally every major player our scene has ever had come up and show out. If I have opinions about the state of the community, I'm gonna damn well say so, because I've earned that right with time and miles and brain matter devoted to the craft.

And when two other old ass men whose opinions I have valued for many, many years coincide with mine, along with plenty of other content creators like Dynasty and FATE, along along with a significant amount of the more well-known players in our community, along with the thousands and thousands of players and competitors who ARE playing Tekken and SF - two games that are headlining the show while our docile supplicant stew of a community is grateful just to be in the building - that makes me feel like I'm in the right to feel as I do.

:coffee:

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Did you hear that pop for Heihachi?

THAT is the sound of a crowd getting loud.

I don't understand what narrative it is I'm pushing that you're so preoccupied with.
I'm an old-ass man who's been playing this game since the first grade. I have been sipping wine from the FGC chalice for thirteen years, and have seen literally every major player our scene has ever had come up and show out. If I have opinions about the state of the community, I'm gonna damn well say so, because I've earned that right with time and miles and brain matter devoted to the craft.

And when two other old ass men whose opinions I have valued for many, many years coincide with mine, along with plenty of other content creators like Dynasty and FATE, along along with a significant amount of the more well-known players in our community, along with the thousands and thousands of players and competitors who ARE playing Tekken and SF - two games that are headlining the show while our docile supplicant stew of a community is grateful just to be in the building - that makes me feel like I'm in the right to feel as I do.

:coffee:
Thats just appeal to authority fallacy.

FATE?

Really now? I mean that says it all, really.

Do you like 6arakin, too?

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Thats just appeal to authority fallacy.

FATE?

Really now? I mean that says it all, really.

Do you like 6arakin, too?
Oh Jesus Christ. I give up. You win.
Thank you for reminding me why I spent years away from this community.

Why do you talk like you've got me in some big gotcha moment?
Do you feel good about it?
Do you feel like you matter?
Why do I need to explain this to you when all I want to do is debate the legitimate concerns of the community I love?

@M2Dave
This is 2020 with that friggin' Subs On Dubs fool all over again.
Thank you for trying to maintain some modicum of reason and logic around here.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Oh Jesus Christ. I give up. You win.
Thank you for reminding me why I spent years away from this community.

Why do you talk like you've got me in some big gotcha moment?
Do you feel good about it?
Do you feel like you matter?
Why do I need to explain this to you when all I want to do is debate the legitimate concerns of the community I love?

@M2Dave
This is 2020 with that friggin' Subs On Dubs fool all over again.
Thank you for trying to maintain some modicum of reason and logic around here.

But you're not. You're just repeating the same tired, untrue talking points that we've been hearing from grifters like Tom since day one, dude.

Besides, we're getting a huge patch this coming Tuesday.

Let me ask you this: Is it possible that your gripes with the game outside of the monetization and the lack of rooms - which is terrible - are symptoms of you just not liking the game? It's okay to not like the game. You can not like the game and not have it be some kind of crusade.

You can just play something else. Something with bigger EVO numbers, since that's clearly a priority for you.

You don't have to do this to yourself.

Last edited: