What's new

EVO 2024 Discussion and Reactions Thread

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
How do people like you exist? You don't get what I'm saying. Cool. How is that a burn on me? Seems like you're the one who is aloof, ya know, like a fool?

I'm on your ass like panties, I'm not blocking you. Here's the argument, comparing our scene to another is the way to measure it. That being insecure is nonsensical garbage, like 99% of shit you say. I want you to quit just spitting garbage and acting like you're the shit.

Big Donnie T energy, you come off like a sad little boy who's hiding behind a keyboard looking for places he can get a little ego high.

You're on here on a second account as well. 1st one get banned, or did Mommy take the laptop?
So there's a whole lot of really bizarre ad homs and projection going on here that I'm gonna ignore because, quite frankly, it's just weaponized mental illness.

I stand by it. Comparing your scene to others is deeply insecure. You want what you percieve to be "legitimacy," so you say something to effect of, "my scene doesn't have as many entries as x game, so my scene is bad."

It's very sad behavior. It's not unlike comparing yourself to someone else. "I don't make as much money as x guy, so the money I make doesn't matter."

It's insecure behavior. Basic psychology.

Anyway, keep stroking that hate boner, friend. Please write more manifestos about me.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Vulgar will defend this game like it's his first born. He's put 1000 hours into it, that's an fn ton of life over the course of 1 year. Conversely he put one hour into SF6 and talks madness about Bison throw loops. This dude is a clown.
Wait when did I say anything about Bison throw loops?

Do you have a quote for that?

Be specific, mind you.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
So there's a whole lot of really bizarre ad homs and projection going on here that I'm gonna ignore because, quite frankly, it's just weaponized mental illness.

I stand by it. Comparing your scene to others is deeply insecure. You want what you percieve to be "legitimacy," so you say something to effect of, "my scene doesn't have as many entries as x game, so my scene is bad."

It's very sad behavior. It's not unlike comparing yourself to someone else. "I don't make as much money as x guy, so the money I make doesn't matter."

It's insecure behavior. Basic psychology.

Anyway, keep stroking that hate boner, friend. Please write more manifestos about me.
Okay, so you're dumb.

Comparison is an important part of pattern recognition. Comparing ones self to another and assessing the value of the self is unhealthy. Comparing to others for possible solutions to problems, to asses performance or progress on related subjects or for new ideas is healthy. You have conflated the two, because you don't have an actual education. Or, more likely, you just dont actually know what youre talking about, its just really hip rn to call people insecure. Just another TikTok trend I'm noticing from you.

Then, you've weaponized your misunderstanding to be snide to someone else. So, bully for you, good sir.

This is tiresome, I thought it would be fun. You're just gonna stick your fingers in your ears and keep on fighting that good ole neckbeard fight.

Have a good day, and life, imagining yourself as above others.

And you asked who I am, so let me ask, who in the fedora wearing fuck are you?

Last edited:

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
I think it's really interesting that this thread has turned into a couple of schizos burning straw mens about me.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
I think it's really interesting that this thread has turned into a couple of schizos burning straw mens about me.
Last post I promise, but what about this is Schizophrenic and why is that a word you keep saying? Echolalia? If you can diagnose me, can I insinuate things about you? Lmao. Your mask is slipping and the face paint is showing. Lemme go grab your wig and shoes...

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Okay, so you're dumb.

Comparison is an important part of pattern recognition. Comparing ones self to another and assessing the value of the self is unhealthy. Comparing to others for possible solutions to problems, to asses performance or progress on related subjects or for new ideas is healthy. You have conflated the two, because you don't have an actual education. Or, more likely, you just dont actually know what youre talking about, its just really hip rn to call people insecure. Just another TikTok trend I'm noticing from you.

Then, you've weaponized your misunderstanding to be snide to someone else. So, bully for you, good sir.

This is tiresome, I thought it would be fun. You're just gonna stick your fingers in your ears and keep on fighting that good ole neckbeard fight.

Have a good day, and life, imagining yourself as above others.

And you asked who I am, so let me ask, who the in the fedora wearing fuck are you?
Like all the men in my life, you have no stamina.

Also - in context - people are comparing our scene to others in order to disparage our scene. That's textbook insecurity.

No one that's doing it is actually trying to be productive.

As for who I am? The guy you're obsessing over, evidently.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Last post I promise, but what about this is Schizophrenic and why is that a word you keep saying? Echophalia? If you can diagnose me, can I insinuate things about you? Lmao. Your mask is slipping and the face paint is showing. Lemme go grab your wig and shoes...
I'm inevitably waiting for the, "just this last one I SUPER PROMISE FOR REAL THIS TIME" post after this one.

You could at least be consistent in being absolutely retarded.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
Like all the men in my life, you have no stamina.

Also - in context - people are comparing our scene to others in our disparage our scene. That's textbook insecurity.

No one that's doing it is actually trying to be productive.

As for who I am? The guy you're obsessing over, evidently.
Aggressive sexual comment? Dumb and gross. Also, disparaging men so were back to the misanthropic vibes. And you're gonna say you're a gay man to make my point invalid, but that's just an Uncle Tom cop-out. Dumb.

They aren't disparaging, they are pointing out obvious trends that should be course corrected or helped in some way. Not productive? Dumb.

Assuming someone who confronts you is obsession or in any way flattering? Dumb.

You're literally a parody of what you think you are. It's disgusting at this point.

There are zero jokes in my posts. You're trash and an overall negative to this site and community. Your arguments and comments are borderline Harassment and you would not act like this at an offline event. If you did, and someone like me stopped you, your tough guy act and your attempts to sound educated would not make you the good guy.

But anyways, I told yall this is still Sonics time. I got argued with after the Tour that they arent still dominant. I'd put money on them winning again next year right now.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Wait when did I say anything about Bison throw loops?

Do you have a quote for that?

Be specific, mind you.
I'd have to dig through a month's worth of posts, but you legit slighted SF by saying "have fun with Bison throw loops." See I can piss on MK1, as I put 200 hours into it. Seems like a reasonable sample size to get a feel for the title. A 1 hr impression on SF does not suffice for an opinion.

ImpostorOak

Kombatant
Called it.
I planned to stop replying, but you said more dumb shit and I replied more. You really got me with that! It's just too bad that everything else you said is utterly ridiculous and laughable bullshit that comes from a deeply hurt and troubled, pathetic whiny isolated excuse of a person who desperately needs to feel above others by putting them down and being conceited. All you're going to reply to this with is an insult. You're fucking juvenile.

Please think you won this in some way, the fall from that ego high will be so fucking funny

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Aggressive sexual comment? Dumb and gross. Also, disparaging men so were back to the misanthropic vibes. And you're gonna say you're a gay man to make my point invalid, but that's just an Uncle Tom cop-out. Dumb.

They aren't disparaging, they are pointing out obvious trends that should be course corrected or helped in some way. Not productive? Dumb.

Assuming someone who confronts you is obsession or in any way flattering? Dumb.

You're literally a parody of what you think you are. It's disgusting at this point.

There are zero jokes in my posts. You're trash and an overall negative to this site and community. Your arguments and comments are borderline Harassment and you would not act like this at an offline event. If you did, and someone like me stopped you, your tough guy act and your attempts to sound educated would not make you the good guy.

But anyways, I told yall this is still Sonics time. I got argued with after the Tour that they arent still dominant. I'd put money on them winning again next year right now.
You're super emotionally invested in me. It's bizarre. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of people in the community don't give a fuck about what I post. I don't have a podcast. I don't have followers.

I'd love to live in the reality you live in where I'm as important as you seem to think I am.

Also this weird pre-emptive arguing You're doing is sad. It just reinforces that you're shadow boxing a straw man.

Please go outside. For your own sake.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
I'd have to dig through a month's worth of posts, but you legit slighted SF by saying "have fun with Bison throw loops." See I can piss on MK1, as I put 200 hours into it. Seems like a reasonable sample size to get a feel for the title. A 1 hr impression on SF does not suffice for an opinion.
Oh god. We have to explain to him what jokes are.

There's no hope.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
There was good character variety in the top 6, seems unfair to focus on the mirror match GF when it was really fun and very close set, people making lots of noise when Rain came on the screen, Homelander's questionable block strings didn't ruin anything, fucking Dyloch bro... and there's a big patch around the corner with anticipated changes too. I hope the game keeps getting better and that these players stick around and maybe there will be an even better year two Evo.

Also glad that Evo kept its prestige, I really thought it would fall off after the shenanigans but it's been a hype weekend

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
I planned to stop replying, but you said more dumb shit and I replied more. You really got me with that! It's just too bad that everything else you said is utterly ridiculous and laughable bullshit that comes from a deeply hurt and troubled, pathetic whiny isolated excuse of a person who desperately needs to feel above others by putting them down and being conceited. All you're going to reply to this with is an insult. You're fucking juvenile.

Please think you won this in some way, the fall from that ego high will be so fucking funny
More incoherent hate boner nonsense.

The best part is how unprompted all of this is. I was in the thread living my life and then you showed up and forcibly shoved my dick in your mouth and haven't stopped sucking since.

But hey, I'm sure you'll stop posting about me eventually

It's trash breh, EVO was saved by Zeus, Javier, and The Chilean. Elsewise a couple more Homelanders would've snuck in I'm sure. Don't worry I'm prob done with the game come Tuesday leaving the forum at 23 posters (remember their names plz). I'm just waiting to see if my main got anything to make them a little more interesting than hitting b2 over and over again mindlessly to fish for 40 percent. This game is NOT DEEP. A patch can make it more fun in terms of the derp, but MORE neutral skip without consequence isn't my idea of a good time.
just leave already dude. I dont ubderstand people’s obsession with something they don’t like

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I think comparing your scene to others is deeply insecure.
Not when you're supposed to be the third-biggest fighting game franchise on the entire planet and you can't draw more players than the third-most popular anime fighter.

That's not insecurity. It's the embarassing consequences of a boring and incomplete game being pushed by a team of yes people who should have been cleared out years ago.

Y'all can keep trying to kill Dave and Tom all you want. Isn't gonna change the fact that they've been right all along about how far the standards of this community and its' competitors have fallen since Peak MKX.

Vulgar

Dojo Trainee
Not when you're supposed to be the third-biggest fighting game franchise on the entire planet and you can't draw more players than the third-most popular anime fighter.

That's not insecurity. It's the embarassing consequences of a boring and incomplete game being pushed by a team of yes people who should have been cleared out years ago.

Y'all can keep trying to kill Dave and Tom all you want. Isn't gonna change the fact that they've been right all along about how far the standards of this community and its' competitors have fallen since Peak MKX.

I think it's funny that you mention Tom, since he constantly contradicts himself. When MKX was alive, all he did was bitch about it. Now he talks about it like it was the best of times.

It's a grift. Tom and Dave are grifters. They don't believe anything and only like 5 people care about anything they have to say.