What's new

EVO 2011 - MK9: The favorites!

Kombo

Noob
Its up for grabs but If I had to bet money it would be on Perfect Legend. I'm Surprised nobody has really mentioned him much. I have a strong feeling he will make it to at least top 8.

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Wish i was gonna be there but since im not im saying anyone who pulls out a Sindel wins it. People underestimate the power of the opposite skunk.(yes im Bias)

on a side note REO and Konqrr are my picks among the name players.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Funny thing is that the ONLY person I saw in this thread who said the correct answer was Cat. He said that he is going to win EVO.

Don't count out the SF4 players FloE, JWong, PR Balrog, Sabin, and LI Joe. They are all very good and could take it.

But I'm only counting on one person, and that is me...I am taking EVO.
Oh wow, you're saying you can come back to Grand Finals after I put you in losers? Nice.

I'll be bringing the "thunder"! Cheesey I know lol... I'm pulling for the SoCal group for sure. I'm tellin you guys... watch out for TDA_Tyrant and his Jax!

He played his kabal against michalengelo on a stream last night for a clan battle between au and 88s.
He beat mikes kabal in a mirror 4-0. It's online I know but still. Sick kabal by Detroit.
rly? holly hell,that guy is crazy. Is there any videos from Detroit playing Kabal? thanks

on topic: I can't wait for EVO !! Bring it on !!!

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I'll be bringing the "thunder"! Cheesey I know lol... I'm pulling for the SoCal group for sure. I'm tellin you guys... watch out for TDA_Tyrant and his Jax!
^This.

People are underestimating the power of the "Unknown!"

rly? holly hell,that guy is crazy. Is there any videos from Detroit playing Kabal? thanks

on topic: I can't wait for EVO !! Bring it on !!!
You cant even low poke out of Kabal's block string online at the same exact time as you would offline... lol

A word of advice to those of you getting online Kabal training. Its much much different offline, make sure to find a training partner to test this with, its the only way to practice the match. Online and Training Mode is horrible for this game.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
^This.

You cant even low poke out of Kabal's block string online at the same exact time as you would offline... lol

A word of advice to those of you getting online Kabal training. Its much much different offline, make sure to find a training partner to test this with, its the only way to practice the match. Online and Training Mode is horrible for this game.
Just down 1 and your free. Lol.

Sabin

Elder God
^This.

I'm certainly not.
A lot of the ppl mentioned were only players they see on stream..and while they are good, it's clearly not everyone. There are a lot of skilled players ppl dont know about. Noone should be slept on.

IKizzLE

BloodHound
Wow...just had offline casuals with Slips(Tekken Veteran)...lol, a lot of people are gonna get shook up.
Nothing but new technology not seen anywhere else.

He can easily take Evo.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Favorite? I would say Tom Brady, He just knows a lot about the game, but I think there is at least 20 people who could easily take it.

I personally main sektor now, so Im rooting for Sektroll to take it all. Go Sektroll!

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I got Tom Brady, REO, Check, and Cd Jr.

Tom Brady- After rough lost at CEO and a not so great ETC. Tom has been on fire, and he is back on a roll. People that bash this guy. Can't beat him. Expect him to be in top 8.

REO- what everyone else said.

Check- Not I know this guy. He first hated MK9 because he was in school. but now it's girlfriend, and he has showed it with combo video after combo video. Check will be a dark horse in this one.

Cd Jr.- I wish I could support him. Since I'm a Jax player too. But due to moeny and having no job at the moment. I'm' kind of struck. and his Jax is so smart. It's not even funny how smart his Jax is. He will make top 8.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
man, it's hard to tell, will be there so many good players ! All of these guys are amazing, ultra skilled and smart for this game.

Michaelangelo is a monster with his Kabal, Tom Brady has a lot of knowledge and strategy, Chris G is pretty agressive and his gameplay is scary efficient, REO is just gorgeous with diferent characters .... will be a true war there, and we are lucky to see so much skill and good matches that will occur there !

XD :D

Damn what ever happened to PerfectLegend? Hes been laying low. Havent seen him since PDP. His kung lao is beast, yet almost no one seems to mention him here. Maybe hes been in his basement for the past 2 months finding out some new technology...

Anyways my top 5 would be(not in a specific order):
Tom Brady
PL
Mikeangelo
Detroitballin
REO