What's new

Everything wrong with Jade

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Jade takes creativity and patience to do well with. If you want to press a few buttons and see big numbers appear on the screen then you need to play Geras or Sonya; Jade is not the character for you. But if you want to actually out-play your opponent, Jade has the tools and damage necessary to win her matchups.

The only issue I’ve had with her damage is against Kung Lao, since he gets in relatively easily and her move set doesn’t put up a good resistance against his. Maybe I’ll finally run into someone who can really expose her weaknesses, but right now I think she’s fine other than a few minor fixes, like amp rang jailing.

I’m done with this thread of downplayers because shit is getting ugly. People are getting tilted because I think her damage is fine when you consider her entire kit, not just her kombo damage in a bubble. One user is even complaining about how OP Shang’s 28-frame Corpse Drop is while agreeing with the users saying her 28-frame f2 is useless. It’s an impossible, pointless argument at this point. If ya’ll spent half as much time in the lab as you do complaining on TYM maybe you’d have more success with the character.

I plan to use Jade through the remainder of TYM league. My ps4 is set to record my matches, so I’ll be sure to post them. And I’m down for matches anytime you want to fight my Jade. @GLoRToR is on my Steam friends list, so let’s play a long set. You know the character, so you shouldn’t fall for any gimmicks or get caught by a single f2. The same goes for anyone else who discovered the word “disingenuous” and decided to use it in this thread. Enough bickering; let’s fucking play.

Crimea

Noob
I'm okay with her shitty damage.
Fix her f2 hitbox
f41 - safer/more pushback
b1, b12 - just delete it so I won't accidently use it
124 - KB if it's a punish

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
@karaokelove they wont play you wont matter.
I just found out I won’t be able to play on Ps4 until August 10th, anyway. Not only am I out of the league but it also makes me look like a fight dodger... But if anyone wants matches on or after the 10th, please hit me up.

seanpon

Noob
I just found out I won’t be able to play on Ps4 until August 10th, anyway. Not only am I out of the league but it also makes me look like a fight dodger... But if anyone wants matches on or after the 10th, please hit me up.
I don't mind you sharing your opinions, but I do take offense with how many times people here have been trying to repudiate what you say and you not even trying to understand our point. A 28 frame OH that thats very punishable on block and can be easily jumped over is not good... I don't know how you can defend jade's lack of damage when there is a lot of characters who don't care about her zoning or can easily bypass it, like kung lao as you mentioned. Now how is that fair for Jade to not be able to zone reliably in certain matches and still getting blown up bc she has no damage her self to give out or no comeback potential. Even the zoners like skarlett and Centrion have proprer Bnb's, yet look at jades lack of.... Shiit is ridiculously bad when your eating 35-40% bnb's and can only put out half that damage. You defend this by saying her ex glaive gives her a free stagger with B3 but even that is not compared to what other setups characters like cassie get. Your really making a fool out of yourself by making these points

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
You aren't a fight dodger, we've been on each other's friend list since what, injustice? mk9?
We've always gone off of mutual respect and that's not going to change just because we disagree about a character.

It's all good, man. I don't even have mk11 installed anymore, I'm just not enjoying Jade right now.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't mind you sharing your opinions, but I do take offense with how many times people here have been trying to repudiate what you say and you not even trying to understand our point. A 28 frame OH that thats very punishable on block and can be easily jumped over is not good... I don't know how you can defend jade's lack of damage when there is a lot of characters who don't care about her zoning or can easily bypass it, like kung lao as you mentioned. Now how is that fair for Jade to not be able to zone reliably in certain matches and still getting blown up bc she has no damage her self to give out or no comeback potential. Even the zoners like skarlett and Centrion have proprer Bnb's, yet look at jades lack of.... Shiit is ridiculously bad when your eating 35-40% bnb's and can only put out half that damage. You defend this by saying her ex glaive gives her a free stagger with B3 but even that is not compared to what other setups characters like cassie get. Your really making a fool out of yourself by making these points
No, I’ve listened to and addressed every objection that’s been brought up. If I’ve missed any, please let me know. Just because you disagree doesn’t mean I don’t understand your point. In any case, I’ve made the same points repeatedly, and am having to defend those points over and over, which is exhausting. If you don’t like the character then play Geras and quit whining. But I’m going to continue to enjoy her and to win games with her. If all you downplayers see me as a fool for my opinions, then I sincerely see that as a win. And when are we playing a set so you can body me and my shitty character?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
having to defend those points over and over, which is exhausting.
Welcome to my world lol

If all you downplayers see me as a fool for my opinions, then I sincerely see that as a win.
I'm not calling you an upplayer, please don't call me a downplayer.
We need to step away from the hostile nomenclature on this website, seriously.

seanpon

Noob
No, I’ve listened to and addressed every objection that’s been brought up. If I’ve missed any, please let me know. Just because you disagree doesn’t mean I don’t understand your point. In any case, I’ve made the same points repeatedly, and am having to defend those points over and over, which is exhausting. If you don’t like the character then play Geras and quit whining. But I’m going to continue to enjoy her and to win games with her. If all you downplayers see me as a fool for my opinions, then I sincerely see that as a win. And when are we playing a set so you can body me and my shitty character?
game's been deleted currently, not enjoying the meta and not really enjoying this current iteration of jade. She's the only character I play, none of the other characters interest me aesthetically or game play wise. You want to play me? Pay me for my time and we'll get some games in

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
You defend this by saying her ex glaive gives her a free stagger with B3 but even that is not compared to what other setups characters like cassie get
Do we want MK11 or Cassie Cage Mania. By this logic everyone is bottom tier. Johnny does not get guaranteed anything after forceballs, guess he sucks. Kung Lao gets free normals after Z-hat, must mean Kung Lao > Jade and Johnny.
And Jesus the overhead again and again. It's not supposed to be your main neutral button. I get hit with it sometimes because she conditions me well. Like, people get hit by Jax b2 that has a gazillion more start up frames. Nobody is saying Jade is top 5, but some make her out to be someone who only has losing matchups by the sound of it lul.

Yes, Cassie, Sonya, Cetrion and Erron are dumb we get it but stop using the "x character is broken therefore y sucks". Jade doesnt suck because top tiers are miles ahead. That means we have 20 trash characters because they are not the top 5.

If you cant pinpoint why the character supposedly sucks without making it relative to others then - surprise, surprise - the character ISNT shit. Obviously Jade should be at a disadvantage if she cannot utilize her glow, that's game balancing. She has matchups she absolutely dominates. She's a very polarizing character that way

Kollector has objectively bad things such as people punishing his bnb's after they breakaway (Burrito Voorhees said this during a set) at the right times, horrible on whiff and has issues chasing people down despite his kit focusing on it in his main variation.

Listen, I think she could use a little damage increase midscreen if she spends ressources. Problem is, she already steamrolls a lot of the characters who struggle with approaching, we have to be careful how we go about this character. Jade should have damage on the lower end of the spectrum. There's a reason Cetrion doesnt get a fuckton of damage considering how well her space control is - that being said, I think we could increase Emerald Defender damage a little bit, and much more so for Jaded.

S+ Main

Noob
Do we want MK11 or Cassie Cage Mania. By this logic everyone is bottom tier. Johnny does not get guaranteed anything after forceballs, guess he sucks. Kung Lao gets free normals after Z-hat, must mean Kung Lao > Jade and Johnny.
And Jesus the overhead again and again. It's not supposed to be your main neutral button. I get hit with it sometimes because she conditions me well. Like, people get hit by Jax b2 that has a gazillion more start up frames. Nobody is saying Jade is top 5, but some make her out to be someone who only has losing matchups by the sound of it lul.

Yes, Cassie, Sonya, Cetrion and Erron are dumb we get it but stop using the "x character is broken therefore y sucks". Jade doesnt suck because top tiers are miles ahead. That means we have 20 trash characters because they are not the top 5.

If you cant pinpoint why the character supposedly sucks without making it relative to others then - surprise, surprise - the character ISNT shit. Obviously Jade should be at a disadvantage if she cannot utilize her glow, that's game balancing. She has matchups she absolutely dominates. She's a very polarizing character that way

Kollector has objectively bad things such as people punishing his bnb's after they breakaway (Burrito Voorhees said this during a set) at the right times, horrible on whiff and has issues chasing people down despite his kit focusing on it in his main variation.

Listen, I think she could use a little damage increase midscreen if she spends ressources. Problem is, she already steamrolls a lot of the characters who struggle with approaching, we have to be careful how we go about this character. Jade should have damage on the lower end of the spectrum. There's a reason Cetrion doesnt get a fuckton of damage considering how well her space control is - that being said, I think we could increase Emerald Defender damage a little bit, and much more so for Jaded.
that's cool and all but she got no combo damage tho.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Phew, this thread is going off the rails. I’ll address a few posts all at once. Then I’m done debating, this is insane. I’ll be happy to answer questions but will not be defending my position anymore.

I’m sorry if “downplayer” is an offensive term to you, but that’s what this is. It’s not meant to be mean, it’s just an adjective to describe your attitude. The only difference is that ya’ll actually are downplaying, while I am in no way being disingenuous.

The fact that all these Jade downplayers don’t even play the game anymore is insane. Like, I am literally flabbergasted, and is the main reason I am done with this thread. While you all are sitting here typing angry TYM posts about your uninstalled game, I’m in the lab learning how to maximize her potential and overcome her obstacles.

I don’t really count online randoms, so I’ll only address the matchups I’ve played in long sets against TYM members. I think she loses to Lao but beats Kotal, Shang, Kabal, and possibly Skarlet.

It feels like she has up-hill battles because she does have to work harder. You won’t be using the same string over and over and dealing 45%. You’ll need to open up your opponent two or even three times for every one time they open you up. But she’s got the tools to do that. And when they tone down the broken characters in the first patch, it will be even easier.

game's been deleted currently...You want to play me? Pay me for my time and we'll get some games in
This is maybe the most insane post I have ever seen on this site. You have broken my brain, and for my own sanity I’m forced to put you on my ignore list.

S+ Main

Noob
Phew, this thread is going off the rails. I’ll address a few posts all at once. Then I’m done debating, this is insane. I’ll be happy to answer questions but will not be defending my position anymore.

I’m sorry if “downplayer” is an offensive term to you, but that’s what this is. It’s not meant to be mean, it’s just an adjective to describe your attitude. The only difference is that ya’ll actually are downplaying, while I am in no way being disingenuous.

The fact that all these Jade downplayers don’t even play the game anymore is insane. Like, I am literally flabbergasted, and is the main reason I am done with this thread. While you all are sitting here typing angry TYM posts about your uninstalled game, I’m in the lab learning how to maximize her potential and overcome her obstacles.

I don’t really count online randoms, so I’ll only address the matchups I’ve played in long sets against TYM members. I think she loses to Lao but beats Kotal, Shang, Kabal, and possibly Skarlet.

It feels like she has up-hill battles because she does have to work harder. You won’t be using the same string over and over and dealing 45%. You’ll need to open up your opponent two or even three times for every one time they open you up. But she’s got the tools to do that. And when they tone down the broken characters in the first patch, it will be even easier.

This is maybe the most insane post I have ever seen on this site. You have broken my brain, and for my own sanity I’m forced to put you on my ignore list.
no

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oh shit, I stand corrected. I offer you all my sincerest apologies and I’ll uninstall the game immediately to wait for Ed Boon to fix my character instead of labbing. Thank you for opening my eyes.

S+ Main

Noob
If people uninstall the game because they don't like how bad one character is in there view its on them. However Jades d2 is 9f and hits the entire stage how come no one talks about that.