What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage Everything Cassie needs for KP2

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Nobody said you could break it... Can you please stop putting words in my mouth?
I stated that it's pretty hard to deal with her wake-ups for the fact that they are safe and you cannot break it, so making a read gives you... Nothing.
You're complaining about invinicbility frames on mutpunch as a wakeup but if you understand that you shouldn't try to armor break (flipkick) if you read a wakeup then why are you complaining about it...? It makes no sense. You either block on oki or make a read, regardless of nutpunch being invincible.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
She needs help u guise plz understand

Universal:

B124 +2 (pls stop holding up after this string u guise)

B12 on block -3(why not)

212, 3, b2 no longer whiff on crouch blocking opponents

Spec ops:

• The American Way damage increased to 10% up from 2%. Very minor scaling.

• Reduce Air Assualt to 40 frames startup.

Brawler:

• Ability to ex Takedown. New properties would be armor and a 4% increase to damage

• Bow Breaker now allows you to choose which side to throw the opponent

•F2 is a mid and can now tick throw

Hollywood

• Change Akimbo and Air Akimbo inputs changed to D+B+1

...pls u guise

Bonus:

•Cassie costumes

•Fix Endurance Cassie's hair

@Pan1cMode @TopTierHarley @daddydab32ho @Scott The Scot @MrSoloLobo @Jer @Compbros @Hollywood DMS @GuamoKun @HeroesNZ
This is a joke right?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
You're complaining about invinicbility frames on mutpunch as a wakeup but if you understand that you shouldn't try to armor break (flipkick) if you read a wakeup then why are you complaining about it...? It makes no sense. You either block on oki or make a read, regardless of nutpunch being invincible.
I made that statement because that guy said we Mileena players were complaining about nutpunch. But the move needs to lose its invincibility frames, Mileena match-up aside.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
This is a joke right?
pls understand

I made that statement because that guy said we Mileena players were complaining about nutpunch. But the move needs to lose its invincibility frames, Mileena match-up aside.
can you give a reason explaining why other than "i don't like that she has it". invincibilty frames taken off doesnt make her any less unchallengable on kd nor does it make the move any more safe if you block it. it's a weird thing to complain about

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
pls understand

can you give a reason explaining why other than "i don't like that she has it". invincibilty frames taken off doesnt make her any less unchallengable on kd nor does it make the move any more safe if you block it. it's a weird thing to complain about
The fact that it avoids damage, against EX flipkick you can do a meaty move and it will trade (of course in her favor) but let's say she has 1% of life remaining and the oponent has 2%, the oponent knocks her down and a meaty normal should kill her no matter if she wakes up or not... But oh surprise, she has an invincible move that avoids damage.
I don't think it's something game changing or anything but a character like her shouldn't have that IMO.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
The fact that it avoids damage, against EX flipkick you can do a meaty move and it will trade (of course in her favor) but let's say she has 1% of life remaining and the oponent has 2%, the oponent knocks her down and a meaty normal should kill her no matter if she wakes up or not... But oh surprise, she has an invincible move that avoids damage.
I don't think it's something game changing or anything but a character like her shouldn't have that IMO.
it's basic stuff

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
EX fade is 1F of start up, which is why it has invincibility frames, making it slower would make it... Useless and why would you use it over EX roll? Her Ethereal variation is all about her EX fade... It gives her another wake-up option which is safer, but Cassie already has a top wake-up game, she doesn't need invincible EX nutpunch.

And I'm not sure if you know how bad the Mileena vs Cassie MU already is... She doesn't need another option around Mileena's oki... Trust me.
Cassie can punish literally everything she does, she outranges her, her EX flipkick is already very hard to deal with in her oki game, she doesn't need invincible EX nutpunch, Mileena does because if she didn't have invincible EX fade Ethereal would be literally useles...
I didn't say to make it slower, and I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at by mentioning it's startup.

I'm well aware of how bad Cassie is for Mileena via TheGabStandard , heck, Cassie is one of my character's (Scorpion) toughest matchups too, but I don't understand why people have her on this isolated pedestal on so many assets.

Also, her "meterless vortex" in Hollywood is a massive bill. Way too much damage sacrificed to set it up properly. A lot of people tried to claim Outlaw Erron Black had a meterless vortex by just doing 11 after sand toss instead of going for full damage into hard knockdown, and it was quickly ridiculed. Why is it a good idea for Cassie to do it all of a sudden?

For the record, I'm not a Cassie player and these are just my own opinions. I'm not trying to fuel anyone's downplaying agenda or whatever. Nor do I really agree with anything in the OP except maybe fixing the whiffing/conversion issues.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I didn't say to make it slower, and I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at by mentioning it's startup.

I'm well aware of how bad Cassie is for Mileena via TheGabStandard , heck, Cassie is one of my character's (Scorpion) toughest matchups too, but I don't understand why people have her on this isolated pedestal on so many assets.

Also, her "meterless vortex" in Hollywood is a massive bill. Way too much damage sacrificed to set it up properly. A lot of people tried to claim Outlaw Erron Black had a meterless vortex by just doing 11 after sand toss instead of going for full damage into hard knockdown, and it was quickly ridiculed. Why is it a good idea for Cassie to do it all of a sudden?

For the record, I'm not a Cassie player and these are just my own opinions. I'm not trying to fuel anyone's downplaying agenda or whatever. Nor do I really agree with anything in the OP except maybe fixing the whiffing/conversion issues.
The start-up is what makes is invincinble... In order to make it an armored mov you'd have to slow it down.
And wait. I thought her damage with or without meterless vortex was not super good midscreen unless you spent a bar?
What are her meterless damage options midscreen? Starter~flipkick into 21, B12~nutpunch?
I don't think she sacrifices so much damage unless Erron.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

strykie sorry we can't talk about how are max damage 20% unsafe, height-dependent pseudo vortex gets punished for almost 40% meterless by most of the cast if we guess wrong. sorry we can be safe sometimes for a bar. not plus 7, plus 14 low launching safe or launching armor safe, just safe.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
The start-up is what makes is invincinble... In order to make it an armored mov you'd have to slow it down.
And wait. I thought her damage with or without meterless vortex was not super good midscreen unless you spent a bar?
What are her meterless damage options midscreen? Starter~flipkick into 21, B12~nutpunch?
starter flipkick b1 nut is the max damage setup. and if you managed to time it right you get the guaranteed low. the f3 is way too tight with a very high nutpunch to call guaranteed.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
The startup would be the same, it would just activate with armored frames instead of invincible ones. I wasn't actually endorsing changing EX Fade, I just mentioned it for comparison's sake. Sometimes unusual properties help to keep things interesting.

Admittedly the damage loss isn't that big midscreen, it's more that even if there aren't enough plus frames to guarantee something per se, she's still in a good position to regulate a backdash/armor attempt, but even in the corner, I see Hollywood players choose the vortex setup instead and I'm just like.... why.....

N-Zalo

Noob
I really don't understand the need to buff startup of rockets. I think they're fine.
You use it rockets for setups iirc and other people want it as a zoning tool and setups lol.
Hollywood's zonning is waaay better than spec ops's. I think what we are asking for is not a tremor-rockdrop like startup, but a buff just enough to cancel them safe out of her highest block cancel string b2,1,2,1+2, otherwise except for ex-rockets the only place where they can be really used for setups is the corner.

shura30

Shura
Ummm.... Her regular nutpunch is actually very + if done at a high height... It grants her a 50/50 at some points... You're a Cassie player and you probably knew this but nutpunch is not +3 lolol.
only a few starters and enders allow for the np to be higher than +3 and her 50s start in 13+ frames and fast pokes beside d1/3 are highs

also, as I'm already saying, a little matchup knowledge easily shows which are the heights with more + frames (which everyone should have by now since today all the problems of this game can be named as cassie cage)
right now almost everyone (this based on the number of hours I've put myself in the game across 2 platforms, around 1k) just sits there waiting for the followup

Also it's easy to say you only have to backdash her strings but it's also easy not to mention how she catches backdashes with B12 which can be hitconfirmed into flipkick... So yeah...
b12, opponent backdashes then what?cassie doesn't have the frames to run forward and "catch" that backdash with another starter, she can guess and go for a flip but unless it's ex (which still requires meter) it's generally not worth the risk

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Realistically, how many true hard knockdown setups grant enough time for the opponent to meaty neutral jump kick?

If the point is you can jump over it then please stop.
oh god

sorry phospherrax let me create every type of kd situation from midscreen 3/4 of the screen to corner for ever character's enders and compile them into a video because you can't assess your own character's tools well enough to understand how to apply the concept of a meaty appropriately for a hypothetical that has like 1% chance of occuring. it's such a nonissue

the point is make a read. not close enough to njk? throw a meaty fireball from a safe distance. bait the wakeup because you made the read and whiff punish. figure it out.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Hollywood's zonning is waaay better than spec ops's. I think what we are asking for is not a tremor-rockdrop like startup, but a buff just enough to cancel them safe out of her highest block cancel string b2,1,2,1+2, otherwise except for ex-rockets the only place where they can be really used for setups is the corner.
Of course it is because of instant air gunshots. But specs op is not a heavily zoning variation, it's setup based. The objective shouldn't be to zone out the opponent IMO, it should be about conversions and reads. Sure it can zone to some degree but a safe startup would make her stupid. No, there's midscreen setups and conversions off of reads. Spec Ops is heavily risk/reward but people want to minimize risks.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
Would be nice if they made tackle safe in Brawler. That way she has a low risk/low reward mix-up option in that variation.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
This thread is my chance.......please ,remove the low profile normals so the mids remain mids........and her b1 strong as it should be.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
oh god

sorry phospherrax let me create every type of kd situation from midscreen 3/4 of the screen to corner for ever character's enders and compile them into a video because you can't assess your own character's tools well enough to understand how to apply the concept of a meaty appropriately for a hypothetical that has like 1% chance of occuring. it's such a nonissue

the point is make a read. not close enough to njk? throw a meaty fireball from a safe distance. bait the wakeup because you made the read and whiff punish. figure it out.
Sorry I'm calling you out for your idea that you can downplay how good the move is by stating that some characters can make a read and maybe get a punish when I'm willing to bet that most can't.

Guess the move isn't good then.