What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage Everything Cassie needs for KP2

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
What? Many chars have 7/6 pokes...
And I have a hard time with all of them, because I play Liu Kang whose fastest poke is 9 frames and it's d1 with laughable range and his fastest normal is high. It's really hard to go into counter attack with him against 7 or less pokes, because it interrupts all of his mid/low normals.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
It's a little hard to judge who needs nerfs when you main kenshi. It feels like a struggle against most of the cast even when I know I am playing better then my opponent or they are playing someone who is mid tier. I do feel Cassie is a little good but again, might just be kenshi.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
It's a little hard to judge who needs nerfs when you main kenshi. It feels like a struggle against most of the cast even when I know I am playing better then my opponent or they are playing someone who is mid tier. I do feel Cassie is a little good but again, might just be kenshi.
I salute you man, I stopped playing kenshi since he is not tournament viable so I had to move on as painful as it was, it was the worst break up ever I kept calling kenshi and getting back together but it was just too abusive. But you are sticking through it, you sir have my respect.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't think she's top 5. I mean she's great but she has major issues. There are certainly 5 better characters.
Wait, what are her major issues? I can't think of any... She has damage, safety, great pokes, amazing normals, mix-ups, anti-zoning options (not the best, but she can do something), range, top 1 punisher in the game, top 3 neutral game, top 1 armored move in the game, amazing wake-ups, small hitbox and some good staggers. Am I missing something?

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Wait, what are her major issues? I can't think of any... She has damage, safety, great pokes, amazing normals, mix-ups, anti-zoning options (not the best, but she can do something), range, top 1 punisher in the game, top 3 neutral game, top 1 armored move in the game, amazing wake-ups, small hitbox and some good staggers. Am I missing something?
The game doesn't grant Cassie a win as soon as the match starts. Pls buff.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Nerf dis hoe. All three of my mains lose to her because of some stupid glitches or general Cassie stupidness.
Johnny - Can't jail with s1 because it literally always whiffs on her
Tremor - Nutpunch invincibility beats all rock drop setups
Ferra/Torr - Air shots beat ferra toss for some reason

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
"Hi there, I don't play Cassie because when I tried to I didn't like run cancels and I really don't know anything about the character. The only thing I do know is that she needs nerfs yo. She doesn't have any drawbacks. It's not fair. Flip is like 6 frames man"

Yeah how about you cock smuggling cum dumpsters that don't play the character or actually know anything about her piss off and stop talking about balance on a character you know nothing about. You people are bars of soap. Get outta here! Fools...
I take offense on behalf of cock-smuggling cum dumpsters.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think the only thing you could really change without worry is making ex flip unsafe everywhere and turning ex nut into a armored move. Other than that she is a pretty manageable just overall great character.

Yeah how about you cock smuggling cum dumpsters that don't play the character or actually know anything about her piss off and stop talking about balance on a character you know nothing about. You people are bars of soap. Get outta here! Fools...
You want to talk about it?

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Top run speed

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Any character that beats Grandmaster is working properly.
No nerfs required, as intended.
Not a Defect.
Issue closed.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Whiffing mids. 11 and 212 both whiff on crouching opponents when they aren't designed to. Like foxy said, neutral is her weakness as well as her strength. B12 is -7 so great you get in then either get punished or have to hold their pressure. Top 1 armored move is highly debatable, I would rather have Lao's spin, as the hit box is much much larger. Plus she can get zoned out unlike the tippy top chars. IAG are what make her top 10 but I doubt they make her top 5. Could be wrong though.

shura30

Shura
Here is what she deserves:

Ex Flipkick = -30 on block. A 6 frame armored launcher combo starter needs to be punishable everywhere on the screen, as it is now it's the most ridicolous move in the whole game.

Hurtbox fixes = Her duck block stance goes under a lot of mids and highs, needs a fix.

as I've told you already in many ways, LOL at touching the exflip making it unsafe
cassie's frames are garbage-tier if compared to other people's normals, she's unsafe or heavily minus on almost everything, and 1 or 11 are laughable in terms of hitbox and followup

taking away her only tool to make things safe will just destroy her
also the damage output isn't even that great considering the rest of the cast

but hurr durr 6 frame safe 20% launcher should be nerfed while other characters either jail/stagger forever or add 10% of guaranteed chip on top of 30% meterless midscreen combos

people isn't even trying against cassie and I've yet to see 4 of her in a major top8
most of the complaining crew is either made of online scrub that sit there eating followups after a +3 np reset or never played the character to understand that while she's a good all-around, all you have to do is backdash her strings or wait to get herself to full screen distance with a flip hoping to catch jumpers with iaks

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Anyone noticed that only Mileena players want the invincibility removed from EX nutpunch? Sorry you guys have to make a read after a 21U4 knockdown in some matchups.

Can Ethereal's EX fade have armored frames instead of invincibility too?

thlityoursloat

kick kick
B1 needs to be reflectable. I can only imagine it.. imagine playing Kenshi, reading that she'll do B1, then whipping out the reflect and watching her elbow turn 180 degrees and smack her in that bitchy face.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Whiffing mids. 11 and 212 both whiff on crouching opponents when they aren't designed to. Like foxy said, neutral is her weakness as well as her strength. B12 is -7 so great you get in then either get punished or have to hold their pressure. Top 1 armored move is highly debatable, I would rather have Lao's spin, as the hit box is much much larger. Plus she can get zoned out unlike the tippy top chars. IAG are what make her top 10 but I doubt they make her top 5. Could be wrong though.
Whiffing mids is something that happens with every character in this game, Lao included. B12 can be made safe or hit confirmed. Stop.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I mean, whiffing mids are an issue for a lot of characters, and her hitbox makes other characters' strings whiff a lot so I think it's fair (I don't think nobody should have whiffing issues but whatever)
Lol I rather have her EX flipkick ALLLLL DAY! Launching armored 6F move that is safe on block... It's probably not top 1, but top 2 without a doubt. Also yeah... But I don't get how would anyone just throw B1 outta the nowhere, of course you gotta be good at spacing and know when it's time to use it but B1 outranges 90% of the cast and it's safe agangst most characters, the fact that it's -7 doesn't mean much, she can do the whole string or block and "hold the pressure" which well... Is part of this game, everyone has to hold pressure, EVERYONE! But Cassie actually has an amazing armored move and great pokes to get out of it so I don't see the problem.

How the hell would anyone think she is "just top 10"?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Anyone noticed that only Mileena players want the invincibility removed from EX nutpunch? Sorry you guys have to make a read after a 21U4 knockdown in some matchups.

Can Ethereal's EX fade have armored frames instead of invincibility too?
EX fade is 1F of start up, which is why it has invincibility frames, making it slower would make it... Useless and why would you use it over EX roll? Her Ethereal variation is all about her EX fade... It gives her another wake-up option which is safer, but Cassie already has a top wake-up game, she doesn't need invincible EX nutpunch.

And I'm not sure if you know how bad the Mileena vs Cassie MU already is... She doesn't need another option around Mileena's oki... Trust me.
Cassie can punish literally everything she does, she outranges her, her EX flipkick is already very hard to deal with in her oki game, she doesn't need invincible EX nutpunch, Mileena does because if she didn't have invincible EX fade Ethereal would be literally useles...

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
EX fade is 1F of start up, which is why it has invincibility frames, making it slower would make it... Useless and why would you use it over EX roll? Her Ethereal variation is all about her EX fade... It gives her another wake-up option which is safer, but Cassie already has a top wake-up game, she doesn't need invincible EX nutpunch.

And I'm not sure if you know how bad the Mileena vs Cassie MU already is... She doesn't need another option around Mileena's oki... Trust me.
Cassie can punish literally everything she does, she outranges her, her EX flipkick is already very hard to deal with in her oki game, she doesn't need invincible EX nutpunch, Mileena does because if she didn't have invincible EX fade Ethereal would be literally useles...
Ok and if ex nutpunch a fast, lowprofiling wakeup had armor i.e could possibly trade more, do you know how much damage she could get off of it?

It's better this way and lol at even trying to armor break a 6f special on oki.

Just block or make the read and oki but dont tey to armor beeak Cassie that should be pretty obvious

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
as I've told you already in many ways, LOL at touching the exflip making it unsafe
cassie's frames are garbage-tier if compared to other people's normals, she's unsafe or heavily minus on almost everything, and 1 or 11 are laughable in terms of hitbox and followup

taking away her only tool to make things safe will just destroy her
also the damage output isn't even that great considering the rest of the cast

but hurr durr 6 frame safe 20% launcher should be nerfed while other characters either jail/stagger forever or add 10% of guaranteed chip on top of 30% meterless midscreen combos

people isn't even trying against cassie and I've yet to see 4 of her in a major top8
most of the complaining crew is either made of online scrub that sit there eating followups after a +3 np reset or never played the character to understand that while she's a good all-around, all you have to do is backdash her strings or wait to get herself to full screen distance with a flip hoping to catch jumpers with iaks
Ummm.... Her regular nutpunch is actually very + if done at a high height... It grants her a 50/50 at some points... You're a Cassie player and you probably knew this but nutpunch is not +3 lolol.

Also it's easy to say you only have to backdash her strings but it's also easy not to mention how she catches backdashes with B12 which can be hitconfirmed into flipkick... So yeah...

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It's better this way and lol at even trying to armor break a 6f special on oki.

Just block or make the read and oki but dont tey to armor beeak Cassie that should be pretty obvious
Nobody said you could break it... Can you please stop putting words in my mouth?
I stated that it's pretty hard to deal with her wake-ups for the fact that they are safe and you cannot break it, so making a read gives you... Nothing.