What's new

SALTY Ever got bodied by an underused variation?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
When I still played, I mostly used Venomous and Brood Mother. SQ is best, but I have bad execution. Just couldn't get the cancels consistent in the old netcode at all.

So few people were prepared for either of those two variations, and the salt was enormous. "You don't even do combos" Tell NRS to give me some, then we'll talk.

PlatypusVortex

15 time Evo champion
Yeah it happens. You never see them and then when you do you don't know the match up. I played a good dragon naginata last night and had no idea what to do. Just labbed it out afterwards to see what i can punish and what have you.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I consider Goro underused since the world always needs more Goro players.

One time Zoofs bodied me for a couple games with Buzzsaw, then I unleashed the Alien mozzarella cheese.
yeah it seems tigrar is the most underused variation. I got beat by it bad the first couple times due to not properly respecting the insane plus frames on some of his stuff

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
I play underused variations specifically to beat people with an unusual matchup.

Mystic Ermac which has become much more common since his last buff.
High tech Jaqui
Master of storms Raiden
Possessed Kenshi
Ancestral Kung Jin
Necromancer Shinnok
Stunt Double Johnny Cage used to destroy EVERYONE then his popularity kind of exploded and people understand him much more now.

You'd be absolutely suprised how quickly you can overtake someone with moves/strings/setups they've never seen before. Stunt double used to be so easy to unthrone anyone in KOTH. Mystic obliterates Kitanas and other jumping beans. Master of storms gets pressure from his traps that people do NOT respect. Ancestral Kung Jin gets free combos off of low arrow enders that are just absurd. They block the hard mixup.. then succumb to the easy part. High tech Jaqui everyone tries to armor through which usually doesn't work well. Lastly - Necromancer can pin and frustrate characters that don't have teleports in a braindead fashion.

Other characters on my to learn list:
Dualist Lui Kang
Commando Kano
Unbreakable Sub Zero

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
i lost to a pyromancer the other day . it was so infuriating chasing that fucker around the screen... then i pulled out special forces sonya. BOOM ! lol

Last edited:

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I had to say da fuaq when I got disciplined by both hat trick & master of storms. The worst was unbreakable and Kenjutsu. Like how? Why? What sort of anti karama bad juju did I pick up those times because it's like.... No it wasn't and shouldn't be possible.

But hey I main Cybernetic & Commando Kano so I guess on the flip side my opponents would be saying the same thing.

WersD

Noob
Step 1: Walk into Random KOTH
Step 2: Run Through a Ronin Takeda, Piercing Mileeena, Grandmaster Sub Zero, Master of Souls Ermac, all they way up to a 12 win streak. *Someone new joins*
Step 3: Smile as they hover over Tanya for you no longer fear the Rekka.
Step 4: They pick stripper pole variation
Step 5: Get mesmerized as you get slapped by the tip, the shaft, the stick, and get out spaced with no concept of her movements or frame data.
Step 6: Cry

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Step 1: Walk into Random KOTH
Step 2: Run Through a Ronin Takeda, Piercing Mileeena, Grandmaster Sub Zero, Master of Souls Ermac, all they way up to a 12 win streak. *Someone new joins*
Step 3: Smile as they hover over Tanya for you no longer fear the Rekka.
Step 4: They pick stripper pole variation
Step 5: Get mesmerized as you get slapped by the tip, the shaft, the stick, and get out spaced with no concept of her movements or frame data.
Step 6: Cry
Yeah literally me