What's new

SALTY Ever got bodied by an underused variation?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I beat much better players than me with venomous dvorah just mashing random strings and pokes into (unsafe) spray on block... something about mashing d4, backdashing and using armour while im -17 seems to get me wins.

Matchup knowledge is king in a game with like 100 different playstyles, getting caught off guard will get you scrubbed out.

E

Eldriken

I've probably gotten my ass handed to me by every underused variation in the game. It's a pleasant surprise at times 'cause it's not something you would expect.

Tweedy

Noob
Lol the Naginata talk made me remember this. Literally my first encounter vs the character.

Skip to 1:23:13

Baffled.

9_Lives

Noob
My former roommate uses bone shaper shinnok, dragon fangs goro, hunter predator, bojutsu kung jin, pumped up jax, slasher jason, venomous d'vorah, vicious ferra torr, pretty lady leatherface and war god kotal. Lol so pretty much anytime I lose other than to his Kotal I'm getting mopped by some underused variation or other. XP

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
He's near enough the same, everyone else is better.
Just a question but you say everone else is better but youve placed in alot of tournaments and at the time Kung Lao was considered best character in the game and now you use mileena which is considered best character in the game. Do you mean hes near enough the same as in to everyone else or from vanilla MK because if hes as mid tier to garbage as you say, Im not sure you would have won so ESL weeks. Also what makes his bad compared to before besides the plus 7 instead of 12

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Pre XL, no one would know the ninjutsu MU and people never respect his armor breaking or the range he has and I always love shutting down njp spammers. Now a days, I'll find myself struggling against shotgun jacqui of all characters

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Step 1: Walk into Random KOTH
Step 2: Run Through a Ronin Takeda, Piercing Mileeena, Grandmaster Sub Zero, Master of Souls Ermac, all they way up to a 12 win streak. *Someone new joins*
Step 3: Smile as they hover over Tanya for you no longer fear the Rekka.
Step 4: They pick stripper pole variation
Step 5: Get mesmerized as you get slapped by the tip, the shaft, the stick, and get out spaced with no concept of her movements or frame data.
Step 6: Cry
You literally just discribed rape.

Damn Daniel...

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
when i lose to good Kenshi's im like wtf just happened
i keep going by what people on here say about him and apparently he isnt as shitty as i thought
He is probably shittier than you think, actually xD But not knowing a matchup can make a character look very good.

WATCHD0G

Noob
I got DEMOLISHED by one fisticuffs Cage, he wasn't even that good, i just really wanted to hit when he did the speed bag and I kept falling right into it