What's new

Match Footage - Erron Black Erron Black video thread

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Great set, that Jacqui looked pretty good.

Not that it really matters since you made it work, did you consciously decide to not use as many GC's later in the set? Seemed like only the first match you used GC's then opted for 21122/11 pressure after that. Easy to say this as the viewer and not the player in the moment but I feel like you could have gotten a lot more mileage off f13 GC to open her up.
It was probably because for the last month I was playing against the CPU on Very Hard where they block everything so I got into the habit of using 21122 pressure instead of 50/50s.

I use Gun Cancels a lot more now though.

Some matches vs an armored move-happy Kotal Kahn. Trying to get used to sand grenade combos cause its safer than just throwing the sand, so you'll see me trying to do new stuff i didn't do in the previous video.

SaJa

FH_FenriR

Some matches vs an armored move-happy Kotal Kahn. Trying to get used to sand grenade combos cause its safer than just throwing the sand, so you'll see me trying to do new stuff i didn't do in the previous video.
It's before the patch right ? The neutral looks like pre-patch.

Yes recorded the matches before patch. I saved them earlier cause i knew i wouldnt have time to do more videos while preparing for the mortal kombat cup, and i want to keep giving my viewers new videos anyway.

Pakman

Lawless Victory!
Xbl matches, I am still trying to find me feet in the game so apologies in advance for the level of scrubiness. Still, figured I could get better feedback if I uploaded my worst replays. Enjoy

Last edited:

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
Xbl matches, I am still trying to find me feet in the game so apologies in advance for the level of scrubiness. Still, figured I could get better feedback if I uploaded my worst replays. Enjoy

U should switch to outlaw or marksman, gunslinger sucks ass. Spend more time in practice mode, learn combos and you'll do better with each match

InFlames

dead

You're giving your opponent too much respect, at times you would hold on to block after a knockdown instead of going in for pressure. Also im not sure if they were intentional or just input errors, but there's no reason to ever use his sweep. Instead use his d4 for a low check. I only saw the first 2 matches, but I don't think I saw you do his 21122 string at all, which is his best tool in my opinion. You're missing out on tick throws galore by not using it.

Most importantly: practice your combos. You either missed alot of punishes, or didn't punish well(d2 after Superman for example).

Hope this helps

EDIT: Don't throw out too many slide as well, these people aren't adapting to it but once you play a good player they will punish it any chance they get.

Bombardier777

I'll bleed you, real quick.
Here's a video against some guys that I had 0% and 2% win chances
How does this win chance thing work? Lol

brahji

Noob
Thanks for all the vids guys. New to the FGC and decided to pick up EB. Really loving this char so far.

I long set against me ( marksman) and my buddy soul (Covert ops). I didn't get many cancels in because my friend tends to poke when he see's them so for the most part I went for max damage. We play a ton of matches so he knows my tendencies.

0/10 needs more stripper erron black :DOGE

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
A few sets between me ( marksman) and geoffmiester (ermac,takeda, tanya) im pretty bad at this so i got bodied pretty hard , the matches were abit of laggy but i think we managed , feel free to tell me what im doing wrong or right im looking to improve as best as i can . http://www.twitch.tv/geoffmeister/v/10642151 matches start at 1:38:47
You were doing good. I didn't see any bad gameplay. I think that because you cancel a lot you should start canceling into block to bait players pokes. He poked through you cancels quite frequently. Id also recommend more meter spending. Every time I land a rifle shot I enhance it. You might as well take the 37-40% midscreen and hard knockdown than go meterless and your opponent can tech roll. Sometimes it's best to keep the combos simple and not cancel at all when you hit confirm b33 or F13.

Also if you have no stamina and you ex rifle swing using b33 or F13 you can still combo off of it by forward walking F3 slide. It nets you around 33-35% depending on the starter.

You were doing good. I didn't see any bad gameplay. I think that because you cancel a lot you should start canceling into block to bait players pokes. He poked through you cancels quite frequently. Id also recommend more meter spending. Every time I land a rifle shot I enhance it. You might as well take the 37-40% midscreen and hard knockdown than go meterless and your opponent can tech roll. Sometimes it's best to keep the combos simple and not cancel at all when you hit confirm b33 or F13.

Also if you have no stamina and you ex rifle swing using b33 or F13 you can still combo off of it by forward walking F3 slide. It nets you around 33-35% depending on the starter.
Thanks ill try meterburning more/less canceling , i have a pretty bad habit for canceling alot. Since i really like doing it lol

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
Thanks ill try meterburning more/less canceling , i have a pretty bad habit for canceling alot. Since i really like doing it lol
I like to think of the canceling as a mixup option. If you cancel alot and they poke you can start ex sandshots to blow them up. If you earn their respect with alot of ex sandshots or rifle swings to deter pokes, you can do alot of canceling to take advantage of their respect they are showing.
I hope people start abusing F2 4 more often its a frame trap when you rifle cancel into throw. Plus its guarenteed after you land a d4 if you run cancel into it; unless your opponent armors through on you.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Id also recommend more meter spending. Every time I land a rifle shot I enhance it. You might as well take the 37-40% midscreen and hard knockdown than go meterless and your opponent can tech roll.
This is bad advice. Sure its fine to enhance swing if you are going for the kill, but you should try to always be sitting on a bar of meter to threaten the possibility of an EX SG. Having that bar on hand allows you to pull off all kinds of pressure shenanigans that make marksman the variation that it is.