What's new

Match Footage - Erron Black Erron Black video thread

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
This is bad advice. Sure its fine to enhance swing if you are going for the kill, but you should try to always be sitting on a bar of meter to threaten the possibility of an EX SG. Having that bar on hand allows you to pull off all kinds of pressure shenanigans that make marksman the variation that it is.
Its meter management. You have to find a balance for yourself. I personally dont have meter issues but it tends to be a problem if you always have 2 and three bars and your not enhanceing a rifle swing for big damage and positioning. Having a life lead presents pressure in itself especially since markman has okay anti-zoning. Even without a bar of meter, he has a lot of pressure with rifle cancel throws and rifle swing frametraps.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Its meter management. You have to find a balance for yourself. I personally dont have meter issues but it tends to be a problem if you always have 2 and three bars and your not enhanceing a rifle swing for big damage and positioning. Having a life lead presents pressure in itself especially since markman has okay anti-zoning. Even without a bar of meter, he has a lot of pressure with rifle cancel throws and rifle swing frametraps.
You really don't get that much more damage unless you are in the corner, and even then you can get 40+% meterless anyway. He literally gets his gun cancel pressure from the threat of an EX SG, and rifle swing frametraps don't exist as rifle swing is interruptible. Not trying to be condescending but not sure what you are missing here.

cambros22

You really don't get that much more damage unless you are in the corner, and even then you can get 40+% meterless anyway. He literally gets his gun cancel pressure from the threat of an EX SG, and rifle swing frametraps don't exist as rifle swing is interruptible. Not trying to be condescending but not sure what you are missing here.
I went through and checked and I can agree with damage but explain to me what F2 and F24 Rifle swing are. You cant poke it at the cancel point but you can armor it and it combos on hit. Is it another cancel-able sting into a special move that has a gap in it?

wsj515

I went through and checked and I can agree with damage but explain to me what F2 and F24 Rifle swing are. You cant poke it at the cancel point but you can armor it and it combos on hit. Is it another cancel-able sting into a special move that has a gap in it?
You can also backlash out of both, and f24xxdb2 doesn't even combo on hit. The only reason why you would ever use those would be to mix up swing and gun cancel, and EX SG is just so much better at doing just that.

Redux

Ex Phase
That execution is just too good especially considering it's online, good games Gunshow.

Marksman is definetely my favorite variation and EB to watch so thanks for posting other Marksman vids guys, gives me motivation to learn the cancels and I learn a thing or 2 from watching them.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I picked up this character as my secondary (Main Ermac, third string Tremor) and while I find EB to be really fun, he feels next to impossible to use effectively online.

In any case this was a first to 7 set between one of us and a guy in Montreal. Looking for pointers on how to approach the neutral game. We'd love to use Marksman but we can't fireball cancel or anything like it to save our lives. With the exception of Tremor db1

wsj515

I picked up this character as my secondary (Main Ermac, third string Tremor) and while I find EB to be really fun, he feels next to impossible to use effectively online.

In any case this was a first to 7 set between one of us and a guy in Montreal. Looking for pointers on how to approach the neutral game. We'd love to use Marksman but we can't fireball cancel or anything like it to save our lives. With the exception of Tremor db1

Hate to say it but marksman is not for you if you aren't willing to grind out his gun cancels.

As for EB's neutral game, it has nothing to do with 50/50s (though somehow you were given so much free damage from your opponent not blocking the low of f13), its all about 21122 and confirming into your variation's launcher of choice on hit, and EX SG on block while mixing in tick throws. I didn't watch the whole thing, probably 3/4, but I don't think you canceled into EX SG or tackle once. Also mix in some 11/11b3 staggering, low pokes, and a few throws.

Also, you might want to practice your mid screen combos a bit more, though that could be more online than anything.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I practice the mid screen bnb's with Outlaw more then anything else with him. Offline all day but when I go online as expected it falls apart outside of the better connections.

I do throw inthe ex SG and tackle a bit more, but I've played this person a few times so he has a tendency to guess right and armor. So in this particular set at least in the earlier part I refrained.

I'm not sure why I forgot here that 11/11b3 and even F12 xxx Tackle were a thing but all three completely slipped my mind.

Love to use Marksman and maybe I just need to look at a Tutorial video or something but it's just never been something I've been able to do with him or most other characters.

Appreciate the feedback though.

Noob
I practice the mid screen bnb's with Outlaw more then anything else with him. Offline all day but when I go online as expected it falls apart outside of the better connections.

I do throw inthe ex SG and tackle a bit more, but I've played this person a few times so he has a tendency to guess right and armor. So in this particular set at least in the earlier part I refrained.

I'm not sure why I forgot here that 11/11b3 and even F12 xxx Tackle were a thing but all three completely slipped my mind.

Love to use Marksman and maybe I just need to look at a Tutorial video or something but it's just never been something I've been able to do with him or most other characters.

Online BnB for outlaw go for B33 into stab or B1 211222 caltrops/sand grenade

wsj515

I'm not a big fan of f12xxtackle as a tick throw because people can see it coming a mile a way, because why else would you use f12 if not to tick throw? EX SG, its all about mixing up when you cancel within the 21122 string. Its good to remember that if you cancel after the final 2, it is a true block string and they cannot reversal armor until after the grenade, where you are already +7.

With gun cancels its just the kind of thing you need to grind out and get the muscle memory, go into practice and put the AI on auto block and practice connecting f13xxGC 21122 over and over again until you can consistently get the 21122 to hit. Then you practice b33xxGC, GC into block, etc. etc., just takes time.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
I think the hardest part for me is just having to press so many buttons so quickly. As lame as that may sound to some of the better FBC players. 2112 DF1 ff blk into ___ all while keeping it tight enough to be a block string. I'll give it another go though.

wsj515

I think the hardest part for me is just having to press so many buttons so quickly. As lame as that may sound to some of the better FBC players. 2112 DF1 ff blk into ___ all while keeping it tight enough to be a block string. I'll give it another go though.
Believe me, took me hours to get it like 3/10, but once you know it you know it, its kinda weird - the learning curve seems to flatten off once you start seeing successful cancels

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Also having to learn the difference in timing when you land it vs when you're using it as a block string.

cambros22

I stopped playing online. Too much shit lag to contest with. Hell im lucky if at times 21122 cancels work. It sucks because markman is really fun but it doesnt seem worth soul searching for matches with good connectiions since I only get maybe an hour to play at best every other day at times. Work is the story of my life.

Noob
I usually just block it and do an ex-sand toss (outlaw) lol. Check the frame data on the move if you are on the game.