What's new

Combo List - Erron Black Erron Black Combo Thread (Updated 15.05.15)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
More Outlaw stuff, I said a couple of posts back that the sword strings are useless but I stand corrected. F22 is 0 on block so you can use to apply safe pressure. Furthermore the F2 has HUGE range so it's really useful.

Can probably be done with F23 (which is only -1 on block) but it leaves them at a weird distance so it's not as good for caltrops setup. In the corner you'll end up at a really nice distance where you can F2 or B1 for more pressure (you can't F22 though because your sword won't be back yet)

RizRaz

Errons with combos - always hot.
More Outlaw stuff, I said a couple of posts back that the sword strings are useless but I stand corrected. F22 is 0 on block so you can use to apply safe pressure. Furthermore the F2 has HUGE range so it's really useful.
I love you for finding this. I'd been playing Marksman for damage but I'm finding Outlaw's working better for actual gameplans.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I love you for finding this. I'd been playing Marksman for damage but I'm finding Outlaw's working better for actual gameplans.
Thanks. I haven't touched marksman yet, still figuring out outlaw tbh. I love the tarkatan stab too damn much lol. But I'll be posting more stuff soon I just need time to record

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I made a video showing off some of his BnBs & other setups in Marksman:

Gun cancels are fucking amazing. They make Erron's 50/50s completely safe because you can confirm into a block or backdash if blocked.

I love Marksman <3.

1: Midscreen - F13 xx Gun Cancel 211 xx EX DB1 DF1 - 29%
2: Anti Air combo - B1 112 211 xx DBF2 - 23%
3: Heading to the corner - 3 xx Gun Cancel 21122 xx EX DB2 Run F24 21122 xx DBF2 - 38%
4: Side switch - B32U1 Run to the other side 112 21122 xx DBF2 - 30%
5: (Jumping opponent) - NJP (walk forward slightly) F2 xx DB2 211 xx DBF2 - 28%
6: JP1 air to air - JP1 Run 112 211 xx DBF2 - 23%
7: Caltrops setup - F2 xx DB2 F24 xx Far Caltrops (19% + 1% of DoT) -> Dash -> B33 xx Gun Cancel 21122 xx EX DB2 Run F24 211 xx DBF2 (41%) - 41% + 20% = 61%
8: Meaty Sand Grenade setup - F12 xx DB2 F24 xx BF3 (21%) Run F13 xx Gun Cancel 21122 xx DB2 F3 xx DB4 NJP 21122 xx DBF2 (37%) - 21% + 37% = 58%
9: Corner 1 Bar - B33 xx Gun cancel 21122 xx EX DB2 B33 xx DB2 21122 xx DBF2 - 45%
10: Corner Meterless - B33 xx Gun cancel 21122 xx DB2 B33 xx DB2 21122 xx DBF2 - 42%
11: Corner Caltrops setup - F13 xx Gun cancel 21122 xx DB2 3 xx DB4 NJP F24 xx Close Caltrops (33%) -> B33 xx Gun cancel 21122 xx DB2 B33 xx DB2 112 MB Throw (40%) -> Throw = 33% + 40% + 12% = 85% (Instead of MB throw you can go into combo #10 for 33% + 45% = 78%)

Last edited:

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER

Run cancels are fucking amazing. They make Erron's 50/50s completely safe because you can confirm into a backdash if blocked.

I love Marksman <3. If anyone wants any notations, just ask.
Holy shit, you're a fucking beast. Thank you so much for recording this and posting it. So much respect.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor

Run cancels are fucking amazing. They make Erron's 50/50s completely safe because you can confirm into a backdash if blocked.

First thing I've seen thats made me want to play marksman at all. His rifle cancels are what I wanted, and still want, out of gunslingers stance. But I want my fuckin hat! Also coins. :/ I dont like variations. I want it all.

With a hat.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector

Holy shit man. I've dabbled in cancels in marksmen, but this is insane. Really impressive man, I'm blown away. Serious question. How the eff do you do 21122? It never comes out consistently for me.

Are these combos written in this thread at all? I would really like to practice these.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
And I had JUST booted up the lab to start finding and recording these! Nice job Miharo, can't wait to apply these in a match.
Haha. Well there are other strings and such that are good for tick throws but d3 has good range, is relatively fast and a low meaning you will dodge some attacks.

RainMK9

Noob

notations pleassse

HeroesNZ

Holy shit man. I've dabbled in cancels in marksmen, but this is insane. Really impressive man, I'm blown away. Serious question. How the eff do you do 21122? It never comes out consistently for me.
This string comes in 2 parts, 211 and 21122. If you want to cancel at 21(1) then you have to input 211 and wait for the 2nd hit. If you want to cancel at 2(1)1, then you have to input 211 and cancel on the first hit.

You have to input 21122 all together and pretty fast. If you want to cancel at 211(2)2, then you have to still input 21122 but cancel it at the first hit of the '22' part of the string. If you want to cancel it on 2112(2) you have to wait until the final hit before you cancel it. It's pretty awkward at first. Took me ages to get it consistently after a gun cancel. Over time it just becomes muscle memory.

I have all of your Erron Black combo videos saved on youtube in a playlist. It would be cool if you had time to write up the notations for them on there. You're really making me want to learn marksman a lot more. You flow really well with your combos and are hella solid, man.
I updated all of the videos with the notations in the description, except the two pre-patch combos :).

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Nice job guys. I'm not really messing with the gun cancels yet. Too many inputs too quickly for me lol. Been keeping my combos a bit more basic. Everything tend to do about the same amount of damage, but has the caveat of being a bit less safe on block. I'm hearing mixed stuff about whether gun cancels are safe on block or not though? Kinda feel like a patch is gonna hit them if it hasn't already. NRS doesn't like thing like that comboing.

HeroesNZ

Nice job guys. I'm not really messing with the gun cancels yet. Too many inputs too quickly for me lol. Been keeping my combos a bit more basic. Everything tend to do about the same amount of damage, but has the caveat of being a bit less safe on block. I'm hearing mixed stuff about whether gun cancels are safe on block or not though? Kinda feel like a patch is gonna hit them if it hasn't already. NRS doesn't like thing like that comboing.
It depends. Gun cancel on block into backdash is completely safe, even from Lao's spin, so you can use that for safe 50/50s.

Gun cancel into block depends on the block stun of the string for example F24 xx gun cancel into block is safe on block from Reptile's 7f dash. @InFlames knows a lot more about it.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
This string comes in 2 parts, 211 and 21122. If you want to cancel at 21(1) then you have to input 211 and wait for the 2nd hit. If you want to cancel at 2(1)1, then you have to input 211 and cancel on the first hit.

You have to input 21122 all together and pretty fast. If you want to cancel at 211(2)2, then you have to still input 21122 but cancel it at the first hit of the '22' part of the string. If you want to cancel it on 2112(2) you have to wait until the final hit before you cancel it. It's pretty awkward at first. Took me ages to get it consistently after a gun cancel. Over time it just becomes muscle memory.

I updated all of the videos with the notations in the description, except the two pre-patch combos :).
Thanks so much for the tips. In just an hour I've already improved! I just realized looking at the video that the cancel is so fast it actually combos!! Have you been using this in actual matches? If so how has the cancel.been on block? Have people been poking/armoring out?

TKB

Noob
Ok seriously, how do you get the rifle cancels so consistent? I can land it maybe half the time I attempt, or less. :(

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
Ok seriously, how do you get the rifle cancels so consistent? I can land it maybe half the time I attempt, or less. :(
I started messing with it after seeing @DoctrineDark post a video doing it and I can tell you its going to take a lot of time lol. I started in sequence doing a string into gun cancel.. Then string into gun cancel into run..then string into gun cancel to run cancel to block.. Then I graduated to string, gun cancel, run cancel to 11.. Now I'm doing string, gun cancel, run cancel, 21122.. Not consistently yet, but I'm sooo much better already. @HeroesNZ might have a better method for training though. That guy must have magic fingers

Hey guys, I want to start learning the EB (outlaw) but there are combos all over this thread and it's too confusing to follow what's going on. Can someone please list me a few BnBs I can do in Outlaw variation to get me started? thanks! (also it would be awesome if it can be in writing and not video since I don't know his moves yet)

InFlames

dead
Have you tried @Crathen 's method? That one should be easier to do.

The way I do it is I wait till the gun arc is about to finish, then press FF,BL,21122 in one rapid motion. I've tried Crathens version and it helps alot but this is what I'm used to.

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Thanks so much for the tips. In just an hour I've already improved! I just realized looking at the video that the cancel is so fast it actually combos!! Have you been using this in actual matches? If so how has the cancel.been on block? Have people been poking/armoring out?
No problem. Yeah it's really useful in a match because if the B33/F13 hits you can confirm into 21122 for really good damage & corner carry, and if it's blocked you can cancel the gun into a backdash and be completely safe due to the invincible frames.

I do the Gun cancels the same way Inflames does it. It took me like 2 days of practice to get consistently though lol. Just gotta keep practicing and eventually it becomes muscle memory.

Crathen

Death is my business
After having some time to practice the gun cancels i can get them consistently , both methods work imo , just take it slowly and do the inputs clearly at first so you can speed up whenyou get used to it.