What's new

Combo List - Erron Black Erron Black Combo Thread (Updated 15.05.15)

TKB

Noob
(Accidently hit the post button before finishing, appologies)

executed the sand tackle. Having this problem with other characters also. Any tips for normal canceling into special?? Would be greatly appreciated and also is my biggest problem
Is your problem getting the sand tackle to come out at all? Or just the timing of it is making the sand tackle whiff?(not connect)

Also, what exactly are the inputs for the combo you're attempting to do? That would help me understand what you're doing wrong.

Numbskull727

happiness is a warm gun
I second this. I can't seem to connect after the cancel at all.
If your shooting the rifle your letting go of 1 to soon, you need to run cancel so make sure your hitting block. Run cancel right after the gun input and use 11b3 or 21122 immediately. You should be run canceling when his back knee hits the ground during his df1.

Is your problem getting the sand tackle to come out at all? Or just the timing of it is making the sand tackle whiff?(not connect)

Also, what exactly are the inputs for the combo you're attempting to do? That would help me understand what you're doing wrong.

f+1,3xxdb4, b32u1, j2, dash, f24, 2112xxdbf2

When it's an easier combo I can get the tackle out easily, it just at the end of the string at the end I can never get the tackle to come out... Or I accidently use the sword and stab him in the chest for the dot. Literally this is my only problem in this game is canceling for a special. So I'm guessing it's just the timing of the move

Reactions: TKB

Numbskull727

happiness is a warm gun

When it's an easier combo I can get the tackle out easily, it just at the end of the string at the end I can never get the tackle to come out... Or I accidently use the sword and stab him in the chest for the dot. Literally this is my only problem in this game is canceling for a special. So I'm guessing it's just the timing of the move
Are you hitting 21122? You need to hit both 2's at the end and use sand tackle right before the last 2 comes out. Also these are much stricter inputs then mk9. Look at your inputs in training mode.

Are you hitting 21122? You need to hit both 2's at the end and use sand tackle right before the last 2 comes out. Also these are much stricter inputs then mk9. Look at your inputs in training mode.
That might be my problem.. I've been doing 21122 then doing sand tackle at the very end, and not doing it before the final few frames of the final 2... Is that how you cancel most of the normals into specials in the game is just to pay attention to the character using the move, and input the special just before the final hit of the normal? Or does it vary from character to character (im guessing that it varies, but the concept remains the same universally)? Because if that is the case then you might have single handedly helped me with my number one problem when playing this game lol

Numbskull727

happiness is a warm gun
That might be my problem.. I've been doing 21122 then doing sand tackle at the very end, and not doing it before the final few frames of the final 2... Is that how you cancel most of the normals into specials in the game is just to pay attention to the character using the move, and input the special just before the final hit of the normal? Or does it vary from character to character (im guessing that it varies, but the concept remains the same universally)? Because if that is the case then you might have single handedly helped me with my number one problem when playing this game lol
It's only like that for 21122 because you need to input both 2's on the end or neither will come out.

RizRaz

Errons with combos - always hot.
Hi so im pretty new to this game and i was just wondering what do you mean by ffx db2 and all that stuff? I know what 1234 means but the other ones i dont ?
f, u, d and b are 'Forward' 'Up' 'Down' and 'Back' respectively. 'xx' means 'cancel into.' You might also see 'RC' which means 'Run cancel' and 'EX' which means 'Enhanced Move' (using R2 when you execute a special)

Can anyone help me with normal canceling into a special? I actually have up on Erron Black because I couldn't sand tackle effectively. Every combo I could do (mixture of figuring out myself and watching streams), but I could never stick the ender. Could consistently do a 23-25% combo but would lose 6-8% becuase I couldnt
Turn off release check under your controller settings for one thing, because it will hinder you. Erron's tackle is definitely easier inside combos than it is raw. MKX is also less forgiving than, say, Injustice due to more often requiring you to get the input right or face having the wrong special or no special coming out. Take some time to practice just doing down, back, forward 2 raw until you can get it 90% of the time, and it should start to come easier in combos. Practice is integral.

f, u, d and b are 'Forward' 'Up' 'Down' and 'Back' respectively. 'xx' means 'cancel into.' You might also see 'RC' which means 'Run cancel' and 'EX' which means 'Enhanced Move' (using R2 when you execute a special)

Turn off release check under your controller settings for one thing, because it will hinder you. Erron's tackle is definitely easier inside combos than it is raw. MKX is also less forgiving than, say, Injustice due to more often requiring you to get the input right or face having the wrong special or no special coming out. Take some time to practice just doing down, back, forward 2 raw until you can get it 90% of the time, and it should start to come easier in combos. Practice is integral.
Thanks

TKB

Noob

Sounds like they answered it for you already but the 21122 string is a bit finicky; mid screen in outlaw I've been doing f13/b33 db4 b32u1 nj2 dash f24 211 tackle and it comes out very consistent. You also have to make sure that when you dash in and do f24 that you're quick enough so the string keeps your opponent high enough to land the 211 tackle; if you're a little late they usually drop too quick for me to land it. Hope that helps.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
A couple combos i just made up for marksmen in the corner:
Jip, b32, ex db1, run cancel, 1, db2, d1, dbf2 36% swag combo
jip, b32, db2, 12, db2, 11, 11, dbf2 35%

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
Just realized after reading the Crimsons post on the weight disparity on characters affecting juggle state, I was practicing on larger characters. I'm racing home right to see if I can pull off some coin toss combos on the female cast. B2 xx EX df1 may link to a run combo in gunslinger.

Numbskull727

happiness is a warm gun
Hey, what are you guys doing miscreen in outlaw? Right now I'm doing B33xxdb4, run jip, b32u1, njp, run f24, 2112xxdbf2 for 33%. I jump over their head for the jip.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
did u guys know it is possible to connect full f2 2 2 string into tackle midscreen in combo ? for example : b3 2 u1 njp2 f2 2 2 tackle -31% meterless midscreen combo
Yes, I was trying to do B3, 2, U1 NJP F2, 4 ,21122 tackle, but was having difficulty, this lead me stumble onto the combo you posted yesterday.

InFlames

dead
i was able to land gun cancel combos consistently after playing online for hours, so far it seems like a viable way to get damage. start hitting those 50/50s with caltrops and the damage you get is insane

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
JI1(or 2) f12 (or f13 either works) EXbf3, NJ1(or2) 21122xxxdbf2EX= 38% (35% without the EX at the end)

Hey guys, noobie scrub here looking for some help. I'm having a problem going from F2 and canceling into the dbf2. Any advice? And yes I do have negative edge and command shortcuts turned off.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
Hey guys, noobie scrub here looking for some help. I'm having a problem going from F2 and canceling into the dbf2. Any advice? And yes I do have negative edge and command shortcuts turned off.
you can only hit that if they are already being juggled

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
Does anyone know how reliable the link between Db2 and f12 (Marksman) is online? I'm having a little trouble getting the timing offline, but I just need more practice. I want to know if it's fairly reliable online though.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
Can anybody help me with this combo? One of you posted the video and I can't remember who. It's in the marksman variation.

B33xxEXbf3 rc f2xxdb2 i don't know if you rc into 2112xxdbf2 after or just stand there and input it.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. I've been maining Outlaw and really enjoy the bleed damage on df2 when I have them in the corner. I'm trying to get my marksman variation up since it has projectiles and I like zoning with it when I can.

Can anybody help me with this combo? One of you posted the video and I can't remember who. It's in the marksman variation.

B33xxEXbf3 rc f2xxdb2 i don't know if you rc into 2112xxdbf2 after or just stand there and input it.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. I've been maining Outlaw and really enjoy the bleed damage on df2 when I have them in the corner. I'm trying to get my marksman variation up since it has projectiles and I like zoning with it when I can.
yeah same, I like outlaw a lot more and I need to work on marksman but I do not understand the gun run cancels like whatsoever.

as to your question, I think you do run cancel into 2112, i can never get it just standing

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
yeah same, I like outlaw a lot more and I need to work on marksman but I do not understand the gun run cancels like whatsoever.

as to your question, I think you do run cancel into 2112, i can never get it just standing
I kind of thought you might have to rc into 2112, it's pretty frustrating but i'll get it eventually. I saw someone post about buffering your run in the middle of df1, i got it to work maybe 4 or 5 times then my hands turned to jello haha.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Hey, what are you guys doing miscreen in outlaw? Right now I'm doing B33xxdb4, run jip, b32u1, njp, run f24, 2112xxdbf2 for 33%. I jump over their head for the jip.
I posted some a few pages back, but it's pretty much the same except I go for stab ender.