What's new

Match-up Discussion Ermac Matchup chart by Metzos

Espio

Kokomo
I have put Ermac - Sheeva 6 - 4 Ermaf for the time being. I really hope i can attend EVO and play against your Sheeva GGA Jeremiah, so we both can have a better understanding of the MU. Qwark28, going as far and say its 7 - 3 Ermac is a bit too much. Its not like the QC MU where Ermac can pretty much dominate QC everywhere in the screen if he plays the MU correctly. Sheeva can still get in and she has some solid frame traps and mix ups up close, so ill just keep it as a 6 - 4 Ermac atm. Espio, i also agree with the Ermac - Stryker and Ermac - Jade MU numbers as well. Although i have yet to play against a good Stryker. That and Sheeva are the two MU's i m almost completely clueless about.
Yeah, good Stryker comp is hard to come across lol. I've had a hard time finding good Ermac comp till recently too to be honest, I used to play Kamikaze quite a bit, but he stopped playing much.

I do find it easier with Stryker than Jade overall, mostly due to his better zoning, roll, and gun cancels.

I know you've played Thead before in the Jade match up, really solid Jade player :D.

I'd absolutely love to play you if I ever come to Greece :). I wanna go back to Europe again haha.

OtteNx

Banned
Abou sheeva's teleport slam, Ermac can punish EVERY TIME with Force Port. My friend have a very good sheeva, and he rarely teleport against me, because he knows how easily ermac punish her.
The ermac player just need to tele and then use lift. ;)

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac Subzero even?

pls
It could be 6 - 4 Ermac, but it solely depends on the SZ player. The particular MU is really weird if you put it down in numbers. You think Ermac wins it? And if so, could you break down the MU from your perspective ?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
It could be 6 - 4 Ermac, but it solely depends on the SZ player. The particular MU is really weird if you put it down in numbers. You think Ermac wins it? And if so, could you break down the MU from your perspective ?
ksekola... I've been telling you its 6-4 for almost half a year, stop being seven and accept a good arguement for once

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
ksekola... I've been telling you its 6-4 for almost half a year, stop being seven and accept a good arguement for once
Oh trust me i m not being seven... Yeah you are right i have broken you countless times so its a 6 - 4 Ermac. Not. I told you what your mistakes were when we played. You lack patience young padawan.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Oh trust me i m not being seven... Yeah you are right i have broken you countless times so its a 6 - 4 Ermac. Not. I told you what your mistakes were when we played. You lack patience young padawan.
you have no arguement other than "have patience" everytime you keep saying ermac is a good character but wont admit that he beats a character whose only way of getting is a shitty normal that has to be shortened even more not to be pnishable and still gets him out by himself... .If player A needs to apply himself more than player B then that is called a slight advantage otherwise a 6-4. Only time id ever accept this matchup as even is if subzero was prepatch with his reset, that way he could get in once and actually do damage instead of fishing for blockstrings just to get himself out again.

if we go like that then lets also say black adam doomsday is 4-6 in doomsdays favour...

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
you have no arguement other than "have patience" everytime you keep saying ermac is a good character but wont admit that he beats a character whose only way of getting is a shitty normal that has to be shortened even more not to be pnishable and still gets him out by himself...

if we go like that then lets also say black adam doomsday is 4-6 in doomsdays favour...
Or... that you suck with SZ against Ermac. Have you ever thought about that ? As for DD - BA, it could be 6 - 4 DD in the near future or it could not. Time will tell. Bottom line : If you dont have patience with SZ versus a high lvl Ermac player you WILL get fucked up.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
a
Or... that you suck with SZ against Ermac. Have you ever thought about that ? As for DD - BA, it could be 6 - 4 DD in the near future or it could not. Time will tell. Bottom line : If you dont have patience with SZ versus a high lvl Ermac player you WILL get fucked up.
patience implies that it makes up for something. It makes up for subzeros inability to keep pressure on ermac while ermac can freely zone him unless sub has meter.

something that situational is called a slight disadvantage, especially when subzero cant use his best blockstring or even punish well with his sub-par damage.

and unless DD is buffed he will never win over black adam.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I must ask, why do you think it's 5-5 with cyrax. When I play him, it feels much closer to 6-4 in his favor.
His rush down is very good, his damage is idiotically high. I guess you try to keep him full screen but then again, one mistake and a net gets you and ur fucked

I played one yesterday and he had less than 10% of health and I had a full bar practically. One reset with a exNet and I lost. Needless to say, I was a bit salty lol

I must ask, why do you think it's 5-5 with cyrax. When I play him, it feels much closer to 6-4 in his favor.
His rush down is very good, his damage is idiotically high. I guess you try to keep him full screen but then again, one mistake and a net gets you and ur fucked

I played one yesterday and he had less than 10% of health and I had a full bar practically. One reset with a exNet and I lost. Needless to say, I was a bit salty lol
Well I mean you have to be completely patient there. I like to play by using walk and only go for guaranteed force pushes. I'll take chances and teleport if they start throwing out bomb after bomb. I mean if they get impatient on you and teleport that's an easy combo. I don't mind even waiting out the timer in this match-up.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Well I mean you have to be completely patient there. I like to play by using walk and only go for guaranteed force pushes. I'll take chances and teleport if they start throwing out bomb after bomb. I mean if they get impatient on you and teleport that's an easy combo. I don't mind even waiting out the timer in this match-up.
ugh fuckin cyrax.... so patience is the key here. so stay away basically
speaking of which, where the hell have u been? We need to play

Metzos

You will BOW to me!

Jump to 0:40:00. My latest Ermac - Cyrax footage. With good spacing you can easily even the particular MU. If Cyrax cant touch you, you re fine. Keep in mind i wasnt fully zoning though. Was trying to pressure as well too. But if Ermac decides to zone only, Cyrax cant do much about that.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem

Jump to 0:40:00. My latest Ermac - Cyrax footage. With good spacing you can easily even the particular MU. If Cyrax cant touch you, you re fine. Keep in mind i wasnt fully zoning though. Was trying to pressure as well too. But if Ermac decides to zone only, Cyrax cant do much about that.
holy shit the patience u have is crazy lol
Ok so really just zone lol

zaf

professor
Lol man sucks how you lost the first game. You both played the match up perfectly. Cyrax was winning more when he rushed you down more but when you kept him away more and more successfully you just chipped away at his hp. Fun matches to watch. I love seeing your Ermac. Ours are similar at this point I find.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Lol man sucks how you lost the first game. You both played the match up perfectly. Cyrax was winning more when he rushed you down more but when you kept him away more and more successfully you just chipped away at his hp. Fun matches to watch. I love seeing your Ermac. Ours are similar at this point I find.
Thnx man, appreciate it.

Cappuccino

Ermac player in training
Does anyone have advise for the Shang Tsung? I don't have much experience with this MU. Recently my roommate started to play again. He mains Shang and was juggling me around silly with fireballs all day. I really don't have a clue with this one.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Does anyone have advise for the Shang Tsung? I don't have much experience with this MU. Recently my roommate started to play again. He mains Shang and was juggling me around silly with fireballs all day. I really don't have a clue with this one.
One thing for sure is that its 6-4 in ST's favor. After a blocked TKP ST has a guaranteed SS on block, which really limits Ermac's zoning against him. Although on reaction when in mid screen, Ermac can beat anything ST has except EX SS, so its even there. Full screen Ermac's projectiles dont help him a lot, cause if he trades with ST's ground skulls, ST gets a free unbreakable combo. Dash block to max TKP range in order to better check him from there. Up close ST's skull frame traps are a bitch to deal with so even there ST has a slight advantage. The key in winning this MU is at sweep range and mid screen, if you can react fast enough. Ermac's instant air force-blast reduces ST's advance to, pretty much nothing. U4 also helps to counter his d4 at that distance. When you combo him, use your most damaging combos to force him to break. If ST has no meter he is not a threat, most of the time. Ermac's damaging combos without the use of meter must be utilized at their fullest here. Its a really tricky MU for Ermac, but it can be won. Also if you see any up skulls coming out immediately teleport on reaction to start pressuring him. Thats all i can think off right now.

Primal Raptor

Quan-Cheesy
I feel as if Ermac shouldn't be so positive against Quan. A high level Quan versus a good ermac should be a solid 5-5. No doubt.

zaf

professor
I feel as if Ermac shouldn't be so positive against Quan. A high level Quan versus a good ermac should be a solid 5-5. No doubt.
Ermac does win this mu . 7-3 could be possible, but I can settle on a 6-4.
Basically in this MU, what kenshi does to the majority of the cast Ermac does to quan.
Quan has no way to punish tkp even at point blank range.
Ermac can abuse the hell out of tkp in this mu.
Tkp comes out faster then trance, it grabs quan out of the sky if he does skydrop. and can grab him before he finishes going through the ground.
Ermac can also abuse the hell out of quan on his wake up.
Skydrop alone is a risk because ermac can dash to make quan's skydrop get blocked.
Any blocked skydrop = 49%.

quans d2 is great but is almost useless in thsis mu when ermac wont jump ever and just stay grounded shooting tkps 24/7

Quan literally has to crawl his way to ermac and take a lot of chip damage.
He has to block so often, that ermac gets grabs and pressure for free.

Quan really has nothing going for him in this mu.