What's new

Match-up Discussion Ermac Matchup chart by Metzos

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
No way Sonya/Ermac is 5-5. How many more ermacs do I have to blow up to prove this.
Last time i checked you were pushed to the limit to defeat zaf with your Sonya so.... yeah here is your answer. I give this to you. Hope you enjoy it.

Death

Noob
Last time i checked you were pushed to the limit to defeat zaf with your Sonya so.... yeah here is your answer. I give this to you. Hope you enjoy it.

So? What does almost prove

And I beat him badly in casuals. I doubt hell ever agree with 5-5

But I'm always up for downplaying a MU

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Death, read post #391 page 20. As i have told you before, if you remember, 6-4 Sonya is not out of the question, but still 5-5 is up for the taking. This MU is still unexplored imo. If i had the chance to play A F0xy Grampa back at WGC i would have a better understanding of the MU, but still Cimmerian was really solid with Sonya back in the day, so i m not clueless about the particular MU. To me it also seems like an even MU as well.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Hmm... I would have guessed that this one would be in Rain's favor or a 5-5. His d, u water teleport always punishes me hard. I feel like I can't really zone Rain too well.
Ermac can out zone Rain, not just zone him. From full screen Ermac has better tools than Rain. His bubble can be tp'ed on reaction and his lighting can be dash blocked. Mid screen Rain struggles against Ermac as well. Lighting can be punished by TKP. Any attempted dash ins can be dealt with, with iaFB's. Also his teleport can be punished by d1 to lift by Ermac for 32% dmg, if you expect he ll teleport. Up close Rains wins slightly. You have to be patient when fighting Rain up close. Ermac can compete against him up close as well though.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Ermac can out zone Rain, not just zone him. From full screen Ermac has better tools than Rain. His bubble can be tp'ed on reaction and his lighting can be dash blocked. Mid screen Rain struggles against Ermac as well. Lighting can be punished by TKP. Any attempted dash ins can be dealt with, with iaFB's. Also his teleport can be punished by d1 to lift by Ermac for 32% dmg, if you expect he ll teleport. Up close Rains wins slightly. You have to be patient when fighting Rain up close. Ermac can compete against him up close as well though.
I guess I really just don't have a whole lot of experience with the match up. I don't play against him often. I should probably practice with the DLC fighters so I know what to expect better. Everything you said made sense. The issue is obviously that I don't understand Rain's strings and overall playstyle so it's a guessing game.

zaf

professor
I guess I really just don't have a whole lot of experience with the match up. I don't play against him often. I should probably practice with the DLC fighters so I know what to expect better. Everything you said made sense. The issue is obviously that I don't understand Rain's strings and overall playstyle so it's a guessing game.
not knowing the block strings or how a character works will always give you a problem, but after all that is learned the rain mu becomes so easy.

OtteNx

Banned
This Matchup chart is pretty solid, i just disagree with the Sheeva MU. This match is at least 6-4 in my opinion, i would really appreciate if u guys explain me why this match is 5-5 in your opinion.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
This Matchup chart is pretty solid, i just disagree with the Sheeva MU. This match is at least 6-4 in my opinion, i would really appreciate if u guys explain me why this match is 5-5 in your opinion.
Well tbh with you i dont have any Sheeva MU exp, i just took the word of GGA Jeremiah for the particular MU. Maybe he has something to add to as why its an even MU.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Ermac can't compete with Rain up close..... this isn't even a contest.
A F0xy Grampa

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ermac can't compete with Rain up close..... this isn't even a contest.
A F0xy Grampa
Why is that ? All you need is patience. Ermac's normals are on par with Rain's. And dont tell me about REO's vid, cause i have seen it and Hidan was doing these stuff for a long time now with his Rain and its not something that cannot be dealt with. Even Smarrgasm agreed its 6-4 Ermac after a conversation we had.

Post edited.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Why is that ? All you need is patience. Ermac's normals are on par with Rain's. And dont tell me about REO's vid, cause i have seen it and Hidan was doing these stuff for a long time now with his Rain and its not something that cannot be dealt with. Even Smaargasm agreed with me its 6-4 Ermac after a conversation we had.

Post edited.
I'm not arguing the number.... just the statement that ermac can go toe to toe with Rain.
Rains 4~RH stuff works REALLY good on people who don't have armor... it allows him to use all his options with little fear.

The reason Ermac wins is because he can say away from that situation... not be put in it, like you said before hand.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I'm not arguing the number.... just the statement that ermac can go toe to toe with Rain.
Rains 4~RH stuff works REALLY good on people who don't have armor... it allows him to use all his options with little fear.

The reason Ermac wins is because he can say away from that situation... not be put in it, like you said before hand.
Agreed, but still on block RH pushes back Rain's opponent to sweep range and from there Ermac has the upper hand against Rain. Thats why i said patience.