What's new

Ermac General Discussion Thread

Fulan

Noob
So is it or is it not inescapable without armored moves now?

(I'm sorry if that's a stupid question after your post, but I don't quite understand the way MK9 handles hitstun and such yet and am unable to test for myself atm).

Well, for me it's been inescapable except with XRs and certain other armoured moves. I'm on version 1.01, as well.

Ermac Dre

AKA SaikyoStyle
The timing on when to start the unblockable is so late that it seems hard to do.

And have you tested it against teleports?

The timing on when to start the unblockable is so late that it seems hard to do.

And have you tested it against teleports?
I've actually found that you have enough time to dash after the f+4 and start the b+2 charge and the opp still can't interrupt (because the dash cancels part of the recovery of f+4, I think).

And yes, tested against teleports. There's only a couple of frames to interrupt, if that, even Kung Lao's spin can't interrupt. An armoured teleport gets out, though, obviously.

I tried to interrupt with Kung Lao's spin, his uppercut, and his d+1, and none of them worked. To my knowledge, those are some of the fastest moves in the game.

EDIT: I was gonna make a big(ish) video about it, but I don't want to go to all that effort if it turns out there's something I'm missing and it actually isn't legit (part of me feels like maybe because PSN is down the game can't run version 1.01 at the moment, but that seems very unlikely). So I'll just make a quick vid to show it, so that people can see what I mean, and then maybe you can test it yourself and see how it goes.

EDIT2: Here's the vid:

For some weird reason it's in like half-speed... But you can see me mashing away in the corner, and not being able to interrupt.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Personally, I think his b+2 charge is not worth it in a tight match unless you plan on cancelling it half the time. But if it works for you, by all means go for it. For combo vids though, it's neat.

For that vid, since the patche day 1, couldn't it be broken with a breaker or recovered from?

Personally, I think his b+2 charge is not worth it in a tight match unless you plan on cancelling it half the time. But if it works for you, by all means go for it.

For that vid, since the patche day 1, couldn't it be broken with a breaker or recovered from?
The whole point of it is that you can't escape the b+2. I'm not suggesting you just throw it out.

As I said, I'm on version 1.01, which is the day 1 patch. And yes, you can get out of it with a breaker, or by using an armoured move, but that costs meter, and won't save you forever.

MKF30

Oh yeah I know, I'm just posting my own views on the move itself as Ermac is my main character. I have to say though, given the amount of Ermac players(which doesn't seem to be THAT big compared to say Kung Lao or Smoke, someone like that) and being as how this is situational, I'm not that concerned about it.

But like you said, you're on version 1.01

UPDATE: It's all legit, it's just that if you hit them with b+2 during their recovery from f+4, you can't end that combo with f+4, so you can't loop the whole thing over and over. It's still an awesome technique, though, and I'm thinking there's a chance you could time it so that the b+2 hits after they recover from f+4, but before they can interrupt you. Tom Brady, wanna confirm or deconfirm that? If not I'll just keep testing (with just one set of hands...)

EDIT: Urgh, nevermind, I'm managing to loop it all again, now. This is driving me crazy XD

MKF30

At any rate, tried doing some relaunch TK combos but won't work :( lol. It automatically puts a limit after a 3rd teleport, damn..lol

Ermac Dre

AKA SaikyoStyle
was messing about with tag and scorpion hellfire assist sets up some really dirty stuff.
That's good to hear. There's going to be a 2v2 tag tournament in two weeks and my friend that I plan on teaming with just happens to be a Scorpion player.

Does Ermac's assist have any practical use? It just looks like an ordinary projectile.

Loot

the special effects
Tom Brady just bodied whoever made that video of this "infinite"

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/oTOMBRADYo#p/a/u/0/CFNrWN4pMbc[/video]

Fulan

Noob
Questions.

When I'm being pressured and find an opening to interupt with a quick crouching move. Which one gives you the best situation? d+1, d+3 or d+4?

And when you land that crouching move what are your options to turn the momentum?

I can't test stuff by myself sorry and online it's hard to tell what really works.

Ermac Dre

AKA SaikyoStyle
Questions.

When I'm being pressured and find an opening to interupt with a quick crouching move. Which one gives you the best situation? d+1, d+3 or d+4?

And when you land that crouching move what are your options to turn the momentum?

I can't test stuff by myself sorry and online it's hard to tell what really works.
D+1 comes out in 6 frames, D+3 comes out in 7 frames, and D+4 comes out in ~12 frames.

D+1 hits mid-ish, comes out 1 frame faster than D+3, and does more damage - BUT if you get crossed up or something, you might accidently get an unintended and highly punishable Force Lift.

I think that D+3 might be a better choice because it hits low, comes out almost as fast as D+1, and you won't get any accidental special moves. However, this move only does 1% damage.

MKF30

Another great tactic I've discovered is his F+4 is actually great for mixing up with his B+1 and throwing, it's not a direct "50/50 mix up" with high into lows or anything but it's still good to use as it hits low his F+4.

I also must say, if someone is charging you trying to get in on Ermac USE his wake up moves as they have invincible properties when someone is right on top of you they're awesome :)

Zoob

Noob
Hello all,

I found something weird when messing around in practice mode. Using the dash cancel properties of b+2, I was able to make a glitchy backdash movement option, which allows Ermac to instantly cancel his backdash into another backdash, with a glowy after effect. During this dash, you can buffer pretty much anything and it will come right out, canceling the backdash animation.

Fulan

Noob
re: wakeup moves, they tend to get stuffed though. invincibility seems to run out before actual hitting frames.

also, about the mixup. what exactly are you mixing up?

Error Macro

It April yet?
re: wakeup moves, they tend to get stuffed though. invincibility seems to run out before actual hitting frames.

If your not in the corner you can roll backwards with Ermac, then do it. That works better

Xyero

Noob
How do you deal rush down as ermac? I keep fighting scorpions who spam hellfire/teleport and other characters who are quick and agile like johnny cage really mess with my head with their poking.

MKF30

Not if someone is rushing you down without being cautious, his wake up moves work well. But should not be used to the point of "being predictable"

But yeah, like error macro stated you do have other options you can stay on the ground or roll back.

Lady Vengence, if you mean TKS, teleport, dash 2, 2 yes but it's a pain online with the lag/delay. I prefer other combos that are safer and get you the same amount of damage.

Xyero

Noob
What combo's do you use online?

On a side note could anyone tell me if this combo connects? Been practicing it out, kinda hard to do.

B 1 1 4 > TKS > j.K > Teleport > dash> 22 > TKP

The dummy keeps falling too far after the dash part and I can't connect, but it's easy to do if I start off with 22. Is this due to the BK kicking him too far?

And does anyone know if TKS > j.K. > Teleport > j.K > Teleport worth it?