What's new

General/Other - Liu Kang [EO BETA] Liu Kang DF has no changes? Idk about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
which is a good thing ^^
If anyone cares(I doupt) I think that this is not a nerf,he can still kill you in the corner,he can still chip you to death,I do not get their point,since he is great at zoning and his normals are unique he should have gaps between his cancels.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
because everytime liu kang catches me I still have to respect f213xxFBRC twice and the liu kang player can just use that to do whatever he wants, so it doesn't that seem much of a nerf, that's all. chill out.
patience is a funny thing isnt it?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
If anyone cares(I doupt) I think that this is not a nerf,he can still kill you in the corner,he can still chip you to death,I do not get their point,since he is great at zoning and his normals are unique he should have gaps between his cancels.
actually he jails midscreen too, why the corner?

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
because everytime liu kang catches me I still have to respect f213xxFBRC twice and the liu kang player can just use that to do whatever he wants, so it doesn't that seem much of a nerf, that's all. chill out.
Shinnok always could uppercut out of pressure after MB FK, unless Liu Kang player went with pokes, which is a bad idea, because Liu Kang's pokes are BAD.

Considering that Liu Kang doesn't have guessable bs 50/50, his FBRC pressure is an alright tool, especially now. Jailing is fine.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
He has no 50/50s, his range on normals is laughable, he has whiffing issues and Liu Kang is not the only one who can kill in the corner with a chip damage.

Gaps are not an option to have for Liu Kang.

stamatis

actually he jails midscreen too, why the corner?
I am referring to the b1 that is armour breaker since while in the corner you cannot back dash it,of course you are right he can be the same annoying mid screen too.

the.hamburglar

so he doesnt build meter as much, his cancels barely jails compared to before, shitty pokes, can almost always neutral duck his wake ups because for some reason db2 whiffs stupidly, and finally dk meterburned is only +1, what a time to be alive :) fuck it i had good times with Kang

stamatis

He has no 50/50s, his range on normals is laughable, he has whiffing issues and Liu Kang is not the only one who can kill in the corner with a chip damage.

Gaps are not an option to have for Liu Kang.
No offence but we have to stop this,why everyone has to prove that his main is the worst in the game?I am talking generally, what is laughable? His d3?his 6frame high?

stamatis

so he doesnt build meter as much, his cancels barely jails compared to before, shitty pokes, can almost always neutral duck his wake ups because for some reason db2 whiffs stupidly, and finally dk meterburned is only +1, what a time to be alive :) fuck it i had good times with Kang
At least do you admit that he was broken before?it would be a good start.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
No offence but we have to stop this,why everyone has to prove that his main is the worst in the game?I am talking generally, what is laughable? His d3?his 6frame high?
you are saying smart things lately, I like you now.

the drama is strong in this thread...

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
His F12 not always does both hits, unless you are up close to the opponent and without F12 hitting both times, you won't get FBRC into combo follow up and F12 can be punished on whiff, unless you react fast enough to do full F123. And yes, F1 range is bad.

D3 is 12 frames and can be counter pocked by 90% of the roster, if not 100%.

I am not saying Liu Kang is bad, I'm trying to explain that things you are listing as "great" for Liu Kang are not as great at all.

Perhaps now you can practice the same style of Option Select against F213 that many use against Kobu Tanya. If the Kang player isn't frame perfect there is a large enough gap to armor out after all.

the.hamburglar

At least do you admit that he was broken before?it would be a good start.
b never said he was broken, hes nothing close to broken in the current build of the game when you put people like Tanya or Kung lao into play. Did you not forget he only has one mix up which is a low so all you would have to do is block low and youd be safe?

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Do not use the word infinite, last time I did xarakamaka called his lawyer:D.
I remember that in my first thread I said the word spam and most of the replies were people calling me out about how wrong using that word is, TYM sometimes needs to get its priorities straight.

b never said he was broken, hes nothing close to broken in the current build of the game when you put people like Tanya or Kung lao into play. Did you not forget he only has one mix up which is a low so all you would have to do is block low and youd be safe?
lao doesn't have 50/50s either, I'm just saying.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
like in flame fist?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
This is a good Change, it won't really change how i personally play liu kang so I'm grateful they didn't completely wreck his cancels. the only change i hate in general is how easy it is to tech throws now. This effects how i use kang and i personally think that if it stays the way it is in the beta now that we need to remove the option select armor on block completely, it only seems fair now imo. For those that don't know what I'm referring to, I'm talking about holding block and simultaneously buffering armor to block if your jailed, and armor if there is a gap.

stamatis

No no,i you are right about 50/50,but this is not everything and just to be honest he is not the worst,since you mentioned Tanya I hate the fact she requires no execution to be Broken:D

Status
Not open for further replies.