What's new

General/Other - Ferra/Torr [EO Beta] Ferra/Torr Beta Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off-topic: Who's TheCoolKid93? Just wanna said his/her F/T is nice. Outside of Bio I haven't seen any F/T players.....I'm a terrible human being :(
I just accidentally discovered him about a month ago. He's a Chicago player I think, but he mostly plays online. I believe he was at Frosty Faustings and made Top 8. I really like his play style. It's more similar to how I play than Biohazard is. It was the first time I saw f2 xx Charge in Lackey to blow up wake-ups, which is now my favorite tool.

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
I just accidentally discovered him about a month ago. He's a Chicago player I think, but he mostly plays online. I believe he was at Frosty Faustings and made Top 8. I really like his play style. It's more similar to how I play than Biohazard is. It was the first time I saw f2 xx Charge in Lackey to blow up wake-ups, which is now my favorite tool.

I like that he abuses b4, personally i play a more inyourface style of ruthless I sometimes forget we have awesome tools like that.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
New Lackey BnB's with roll extender! Also with the new 2f4 we finally have an 8 frame meterless punisher!

These combos are 100x easier than before! The overhead combo got cut off, but it does 33%. The 2f4 into roll, d3 and f2 is easier when it's spaced a bit so it's good for punishing things with pushback. If you're up close you can 2f4 into roll, d3 then b121 or s4 into command grab for an easier 30%ish. Feel free to improve on these! I didn't spend too much time finding them, but they are definitely consistent.

Also includes some weird tick throw whiffs which looked like bugs, both happened in the same set. Something to do with the patch?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He didn't show it, but you can actually do 2 roll extensions in the same combo.

2f.4xxroll into 2f.4xxroll into more.

Also you can do 2f.4xxroll d.3 f.2 2f.4xxroll d.1xxcommand grab/roll/etc

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Yeezus, in the current (non-beta) build?

You wanna post those roll combo videos now?
I have a video of me playing the beta and doing some roll combos, but not those ones.
Out of habit I always go for just 2f.4 roll d.1xxcommand grab enders, but thats because this USED to be way harder than it is now.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
But playstyle between variations should be more different then they are now because since those variations honestly dont need meter much all our meter is jhst going to be spent on thise teo moves. Id rather have ruthless spend meter on raw ex grabs for big unbreakable damage with damage boost. Vicious should be tge full on EX ferra tosse stance imo to keep them as different as possible.
This is exactly right.

If you gave the MB Tosses to Vicious only you actually benefit from more variety between all of F/T's variations.

Ruthless is already good and has an interesting play style in the fact that it can PnG Dash Cancel for a sacrificial damage buff, more pressure, and more combo potential.

Lackey has notable changes to F/T's moveset but you don't have to manage the two together.

Vicious is relegated to the addition of Boss Toss which is good and destroys projectiles, but what does it do more than that?

Giving those MB Tosses to Vicious makes the variation a more dedicated long range/screen control choice. With safe mixup. It would be like Birdie from SFV in a weird way.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the MB Tosses but Ruthless doesn't need more damage but Vicious needs more variety.

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
I need some help figuring out the new bnbs for ruthless. Yeah, I saw wonder chef's video but c'mon now. So far this is what I've got
Opener xx Png f2 njp b121 xx Ex Low toss b121 xx Dbf1

Bandwagon here.

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Lackey doesn't look bad to me. He looks fine. So we now have the choice to extend combos like B121 without meter, and I think the other main use of Roll would be a convenient means to positional advantage. You can use it once to switch sides or use it twice to not switch, and then just d1 xx dbf1 and still get your ender.

With Kaber Toss on top of that, I love the flavor of so conveniently deciding where to position our opponent in this variation.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lackey has a big problem still, in the form of his overhead.
Its currently too slow to jail into on a jump-in, so it requires the opponent to respect the low enough to not jab.
Even then, the low is also harder to land because the opponent does have about 2 frames or so to work with, meaning armor is a risk we have to face as well.
Both of these are beaten out, somewhat, by using j.i.2 into command grab as a sort of tick throw (works on hit), since the armored version will trade armor hits but recover faster, and beat out most pokes.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
Lackey doesn't look bad to me. He looks fine. So we now have the choice to extend combos like B121 without meter, and I think the other main use of Roll would be a convenient means to positional advantage. You can use it once to switch sides or use it twice to not switch, and then just d1 xx dbf1 and still get your ender.

With Kaber Toss on top of that, I love the flavor of so conveniently deciding where to position our opponent in this variation.
How do you extend from b121 without meter?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
How do you extend from b121 without meter?
You roll at certain gravity situations, which provides an extension.
Also b.121 recovers fast enough to use other moves on hit during juggles, like doing b.121 into b.121.
If you mean standing, you can do a peak b.121 into roll and do a d.1 conversion after but its way too strict to be viable.
b.121 itself leaves you at +21 so you could go for a 50/50 type deal on them

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Anyone found a new BnB for EX torryuken? Right now the one I use is f3, f2, f2, d1 cmd grab for 38% since it's consistent and easy, but I'm sure we could squeeze more damage out with the roll extender.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Anyone found a new BnB for EX torryuken? Right now the one I use is f3, f2, f2, d1 cmd grab for 38% since it's consistent and easy, but I'm sure we could squeeze more damage out with the roll extender.
Maybe.
EX Torryuken f.3 f.2 2f.4xxroll d.1xxcommand grab I think does 2% more.

Status
Not open for further replies.