What's new

Enter the Bane: General Discussion

Rasssta48

" I would test your skill"
has there been a planet for bane yet in the multiverse. all im seeing is superman swampthing and others and its getting annoying.
I get awesome epic head peace for Bane in this event, so much like it!) multiverse is the best way to get gear on your character;)

So, my friends are saying bane is super strong and all and i think hes in a good spot but, honestly im not too sure though cause they play deadshot grodd and robin i beat them rather easily. The thing is though is that other people say bane isnt all that great and i think hes in the middle because he kinda some what has a vortex when you pop trait and they're knocked down. you can CMD grab elbow ect.. but i wanna hear from you guys like what makes him bad or not great. I think hes pretty good at rush down hes a monster his damage is through the roof lvl 1 venom grants armor and the Cooldown isnt bad either and his corner pressure is amazing it seems to be a 50/50. But, i wanna hear from you guys on the pros and cons of bane im still new so i just wanna get better with bane.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
So, my friends are saying bane is super strong and all and i think hes in a good spot but, honestly im not too sure though cause they play deadshot grodd and robin i beat them rather easily. The thing is though is that other people say bane isnt all that great and i think hes in the middle because he kinda some what has a vortex when you pop trait and they're knocked down. you can CMD grab elbow ect.. but i wanna hear from you guys like what makes him bad or not great. I think hes pretty good at rush down hes a monster his damage is through the roof lvl 1 venom grants armor and the Cooldown isnt bad either and his corner pressure is amazing it seems to be a 50/50. But, i wanna hear from you guys on the pros and cons of bane im still new so i just wanna get better with bane.
I'm no I2 pro, but it looks like in high level play Bane is very unsafe so he must be played in a very specific manner in order to be effective. This is just from watching. Watch Biohazard play his Bane and I think you will get a clearer picture.

masuhdunkillyall

Aht Aht Aht!
IMO, after maining Bane throughout all of IJ1 and labbing/playing with him extensively in this one, I'd say he's decent. It's really too early for tiers, but if I had to place him right now, I'd say solid mid. He has a very rough time vs certain characters. Even some that you'd think wouldn't be tough can be, like Cyborg, if played properly.

It's really too early to tell but he's definitely not the bully he was in the first game.

Reactions: GAV

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Is it too much to ask for Bane's elbow to OTG? With stupid delayed wakeup in this game, can ANYONE OTG?

D_Matt_Ma

Grodd's ground pound OTGs, Robin's exploding batarang as well. Dunno if there other otg stuff but there's a few.
Seriously!? Why is the people's elbow wrestling move that only hits people on the ground NOT OTG but that stuff does... -_-

MetalPete

MACHKAAAAA!!!!!
I think you listed his biggest assets right there. Corner game can be real scary. He also does an RKO!

The trouble with Bane is against zone heavy character/players. Especially against someone who knows how to play Deadshot or Dr. Fate. You're usually still vulnerable after a roll escape by the time their projectile frames are finished, so things can get frustrating fast.

Bane's normal animations are so slow that you will most likely get punished if you try to react .strings b23, b11, and f2 down just aren't fast enough to create a sustainable mix up when Bane needs constant pressure to work.

xengsu

Nico 91K @ PSN
So i just swapped character working on bane now i got a few questions , does bane have a wake up? and why does canceling 1,1,3xxFF/BB MB cost 2 bars, is this with every character?

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
So i just swapped character working on bane now i got a few questions , does bane have a wake up? and why does canceling 1,1,3xxFF/BB MB cost 2 bars, is this with every character?
It always costs 2 bars.
DB2, DBF3 are your go to wakeups.

CriminalCreed

But will it mix?
Setups for it?
Midscreen Meterless - B23>F1>Dash>F3
If you need extra damage - B23>B23>Bounce Cancel B3>J2/1>F1> Dash>F3

F1, when hit airborne, puts the opponent into a slide situation where you have enough time to dash up and go for F3 which can cross up. Opponent can tech roll F1, but they still have to block F3. I'm working on something right now that I think can beat tech rolls, however.

D_Matt_Ma

Tell your friends to delayed wake-up. That alone kills 50% of his game. Then have them pick a strong zoner. That will kill all of it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
tbh all I really think should change right now
- venom resets to level 1 cooldown during cinematics
- f2d xx bane bomb tick throw fixed, since it seems to sometimes whiff against blocking opponents for no discernible reason mid screen

anything else i'd argue is too soon to say but these are very fair