What's new

Enter the Bane: General Discussion

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
That's just how Bane is.
and I personally feel like it's 5-5. The match is very momentum heavy, with a few good reads you can melt Flash''s healthbar... just like he can with one sloppy read.
Yea but part of the reason why I thought it was initially losing was due to the risk reward factor. Like you guess Flash will D12, and you guess right then he's safe, and can stagger just D1 if he wanted to, while if Flash guesses right on you doing a grab and does a neutral J2...

It's not pretty.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Yea but part of the reason why I thought it was initially losing was due to the risk reward factor. Like you guess Flash will D12, and you guess right then he's safe, and can stagger just D1 if he wanted to, while if Flash guesses right on you doing a grab and does a neutral J2...

It's not pretty.
Flash doesn’t handle Bane’s oki all that well, like i said, very momentum heavy match. a lot like Bladam.

Cursa

On the next episode of ranked scrub who doesn't know how to deal with Bane:

"Cheapest character :("

Me: "That must be why most characters beat him and he's actually one of the worst in the game"

"Cheap doesn't mean good"

Right.

Cursa

Anyone got any tips on the Harley MU. Getting in isn't too hard I find but dealing tantrum stance, her jump in, and her backdash on wakeup is difficult for me.. I'm able to stuff backdash with a really well timed D1 but it has to be on point.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Anyone got any tips on the Harley MU. Getting in isn't too hard I find but dealing tantrum stance, her jump in, and her backdash on wakeup is difficult for me.. I'm able to stuff backdash with a really well timed D1 but it has to be on point.
venom uppercut that ho
and just like anyone else with a cheesy backdash, you'll have to use d1 or elbow meaties, or balsy forward dash reads.

ApexPredator1509

☕️ ☕️ ☕️
Can't you just dash forward to punish her backdash on a read?

Cursa

i’m having such a damn blast with bane now. i think we made it
I'm having more success when I just spam armoured moves out of plus frames. I think in a FT3 sort of set it's a pretty viable strategy since a lot of people don't realise that they can just block on a read of a reversal.

Usually I'm never disrespecting plus frames so I let people get away with a lot. Bane does not care about your plus frames. They're his plus frames now.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I'm having more success when I just spam armoured moves out of plus frames. I think in a FT3 sort of set it's a pretty viable strategy since a lot of people don't realise that they can just block on a read of a reversal.

Usually I'm never disrespecting plus frames so I let people get away with a lot. Bane does not care about your plus frames. They're his plus frames now.
that’s where the mind games come in. when they start expecting the reversals you start using the grab. the fact that you get them to stop dead in their pressure is huge.
a lot of characters can fall asleep and go full potato full screen but that’s fine, bane is how all rushdown characters should have been.

Cursa

that’s where the mind games come in. when they start expecting the reversals you start using the grab. the fact that you get them to stop dead in their pressure is huge.
a lot of characters can fall asleep and go full potato full screen but that’s fine, bane is how all rushdown characters should have been.
And he's super scary. My life is watching Biohazard on like 50 hp and the opponent on 500+ hp.

And then you just see a F2D hit confirmed into a bounce cancel for 600 unclashable. Good times

Cursa

I thought F1 was a hard knockdown this whole time. Was it always just a regular knockdown?

Cursa

LOL at the Fate matchup
BH makes it look way easier than it actually is since his reads are always so onpoint
but essentially, fate's b2 shits on so many of Bane's footsie tools. It's grab immune AND low crushes, making bf2 the only viable reversal, but then Fate can punish it 10/10 with f2.
Anything bio does doesn't count because he's op.

B2 is the bane of my existence, pun unintended. Active frames are nuts on it, and recovers way faster than you'd think.

Cursa

Bane also can’t fucking counter hit it for shit because of all its properties. can barely d1, can’t grab and can’t jump in. raging charge and elbow are always a risk because they can be punished easily and consistently for 400 damage if fate has trait + ankh. miserable MU
I didn't know is was grab immune either which is pretty aids imo. Cause then it's just a 50/50 as to whether he does another one and you have to reversal or just blocks and you get punished.

I hate moves like that while playing as Bane. People always seem to forget his fastest move is an high and his next closest is his 11 frame D1.

Even when I watch Bio the amount of people who get caught by completely obvious reversal DB2's is insane.

Cursa

For some reason online warriors are so much better at dealing with Bane, mostly because they dismiss him as a bottom tier shithead and play yolo. Top players give Bane way too much credit and commit to unnecessary risks.
Indeed. It's always hard to say in an actual match though since how they deal with Bane changes from person to person.

I liked watching Bio vs Dex's Beetle in one of those K&M FT10's. You could see that Dex was becoming more patient and blocking DB2's on reversal but it took like 7 games and once Bio knows that you're doing that he's just going to reversal grab you or something.

The mind game for Bane is probably one of the deepest ones in the game imo. No other character really forces you to guess so many options of reversals out of plus frames, gaps, Bane's own negative frames, not even including the actual 50/50s when it's actually his turn.

Cursa

I wish I could consistently get his reversals out. the inputs in this game are utter cancer, for some reason d1/d2 tick grabs and d1 OH elbow is so brutal to get out, and this is coming from someone who played jason in MKX and could get b1 and b3 tick grabs very consistently.
thanks paulo, fuck up those d1 cancel inputs but keep superman's f23 as is
D1 elbow gets me pretty bad, I always get DP instead usually. It's pretty easy to spam DB2 as a reversal imo and it options selects gaps as well so that's nice.

Reversal grabs are usually a little harder but I get them about 95% of the time and even if I don't I only do them when I read the opponent is going to block my reversal DB2 so I usually have time if I fuck up.

The only other one I get rarely is S3 instead of grab on oki. Makes me want to cry.

Cursa

Although Bane got 0 changes (I think) in the last patch, and since I can't find the MU thread that I thought existed, what does everyone think of Bane post patch? Characters who gave him a hard time, imo, that got nerfed include Dr Fate, especially with the reduction on MB orb, Black Adam, and Firestorm. Most of the others don't bother me too much, so I can't speak for them personally.

I feel Bane has moved up. A lot of people in general seem to really struggle with how he plays still and he's easily one of the scariest characters to have right in your face aside from arguably Flash. What's everyone else think?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I think command grab either needs more advantage on hit to match elbow as it is now or it needs to have its damage back. Draining half a tank of venom for only plus 4 on hit while taking damage and doing less damage than a throw is not a good combo.

Bane should not be stuck with the least damaging command grab in the game with the least frame advantage for oki. Swampthings command grab as a conparison is I believe plus 16 on the forward damage ender and plus 27 on the side switch ender and he also has F2 to safely confirm off chasing down backdashes which bane still has to make a big read on

Last edited:

Cursa

As a Bane and Atom player I don't see how Bane ever beats or goes even with Atom

Like Stomp fucks Bane over so much harder than any other projectile I've faced against Bane

Not to mention trait shenanigans work on basically everyone in the game to begin with

Last edited: