What's new

Enter the Bane: General Discussion

Wetdoba

All too easy...
@Wetdoba did u go to summer jam? how was it?
Yes. Beat a Superman/Green Lantern and lost to Pnuts Fate and a Supergirl. Both losses were on me tho. I lost the first two games of each of those sets because I was sleeping (forgetting to block supergirl low on second hit) and just general nerves. Collected myself for the next two games of each and then lost them in the fifth game. I missed a punish on Supergirls teleport because I wasnt ready for it and when I went to punish with 113 I was still holding back and just got B11 nothing. Against Pnut in the 5th game I had him in the corner and dropped my 113, B23 link on his first life bar and had to mb command grab him back into the corner which led to me being down a bar of meter during the clash so i lost health and got chipped out from there.

Both were easily winnable sets but I was flystered the first 2 games of each and threw them away which didnt leave me any room for mistakes so 1 mistake in game 5 was all it took after that. I just need more tournament experience tho, was the first local/tourney Ive gone to for I2 so far. Good thing is that I know Bane isnt holding me back at all tho and he definitely doesnt have any death match ups that would force me to pick anyone else. Played a lot better in casuals afterwards and got to grind out a few match ups. Going to try to get out to ECT and get back into my local scene so Im more ready this time

El_Rubio

Noob
Grr made top 8, thoughts about that? He was raped by Theo´s Superman :(

Thanks for telling us your trip, @Wetdoba

you also said that more Bane´s were going, how did they perform?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Grr made top 8, thoughts about that? He was raped by Theo´s Superman :(

Thanks for telling us your trip, @Wetdoba

you also said that more Bane´s were going, how did they perform?
I still really dont understand how Grr plays Bane. Seems like he gets away with a lot of murder tbh. It feels like he wins when people dont know the match up but gets hammered when they do and is forced to changed to DS or something. Case and point would be his match against Hayatei, where he did random full screen charge like 5 times and Hayatei would try to jump it and get clipped into damage and oki when he could have just blocked and reversal sword flip punished the charge into a full combo seeing as its -12 on block.

I guess some eople still dont know the basics about bane tho...

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
So far what are your worst MUs? Right now my worst are Supes, Starfire, WW, Darkseid, and Catwoman. I've also yet to beat a BB but I haven't run into many.
Harley Quinn beats my whole ass, your four mentions, and Green Arrow. I have great much high difficulty with all of those, lol.

I'm doing farely well with bane, I'm struggling with two main things however and I'm looking for advice. The first thing is how do you all handle your opponent back dashing on there wakeup and second how do you handle an opponent that continues to jump backward? Any advice will help, thanks in advance!

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
I'm doing farely well with bane, I'm struggling with two main things however and I'm looking for advice. The first thing is how do you all handle your opponent back dashing on there wakeup and second how do you handle an opponent that continues to jump backward? Any advice will help, thanks in advance!
Hard read DB1 that bitch :D

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
For backdashes meaty Bane bomb catches a lot of backdashes, for backdashes that escape it you have a few options:
Dash to chase the backdash then Bane bomb
F2d 2 or 3 which catches almost any backdash
F2 as a hard read, this punishes backdashes but tosses them across the screen.
Jump forward 2 also catches a lot of backdashes.

You'll have to experiment more if you want to punish a specific backdash.

For jump backs you have db1, venom db2, venom charge is an easy option vs floaty jumps.

Last edited:
I had a quick question i was gonna go for the legendary bane gear but wtf how the fuck do i sacrifice 250 EPIC peices for bane alone? Has netherrealm said theyre going to make adjustments or something cause these requirements are unreal.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
No they casually stealth nerfed it by making command grab and ring toss be effected by abikity stat rather than strength and now command grab does less damage than a nornal throw. Rip

I strongly suspect that the degree to which it was nerfed was an oversight and unintended consequence of the changes to his stats. I fully expect to see Bane Bomb's damage increased in the next patch. No way his command grab is supposed to do less damage than a regular throw.

Trollolol when Banes regular throw sees it's damage reduced in the next patch in order to rectify his throw doing more damage than his command grab.
:DOGE

Also, his b3 and f3 combos now do more damage, but the increase is not nearly enough to compensate for the damage he lost on his specials, especially when you factor in that his specials connect much more often than his back or forward 3, further indicating that this is some sort of hiccup that will be rectified.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
I'm new to Bane, and was kinda curious if lvl 2 and 3 venom is reslly ever worth it?
The one hit of armour should be enough since most wake ups only hit once, and the damage difference isn't really that substantial.
The amount of matches I've watched of Bio and Grr pumping up to lvl 3 in a clutch situation, only to make the wrong read and go into debuff for what seems like an eternity and then lose, seems like it's not worth it?
I'm only new to him but this has been something I'm super curious on since I only do lvl1 venom, and the debuff is so short that any combo you start in debuff gets full damage anyways since you'll go back to normal during the time since it's so fast.

Looking for some info from some experienced Bane guys in here, @Wetdoba maybe?