What's new

Emperor Jupiter wins Injustice: Gods Among Us at Apex 2014!

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
My MMH prediction of upcoming dominance back in sep/oct was questioned and I said wait till Nec, I was a little off on timing

I do admit he isn't a problem though , like he isn't a kabal or anything but I said he is top in the game and I feel like that was questioned and laughed at when this character dominance w his tools was so blatant from his release that I don't see how anyone could question his superiority

I was asked the absolute worst FGC question....."where are the characters results" this question is abysmal . I never knew kenshi was mid tier in August 2011 and magically #2 in feb lol

Again when I made some statements about him I overreacted making him seem unbeatable and he's very beatable but I also was asked where is my proof of how good he is. I said give it some time and the time is now .

It does suck though that to my knowledge there is only 1 tourney MMH people should fear . Reo retired and blak felow doesn't leave his basement and rebelo has issues leaving or something.
I think Jupiter will do the job though but expect future MMH to catch up

Ie: sonic fox, king and maybe myself

:|

I need to post more. I'm always forgotten

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Please show me where this ever happened...
Immortal Kombat said:
No MMHs in top 8. Every single one of you that talked up MMH needs to apologize for bitching. It was like pre patch scorpion all over again. Bitch, bitch, bitch, and then not a SINGLE fucking one in top 8.
And many more.. There were blowups everywhere and people popping off about how no MMH in Top 8 meant he wasn't a big deal.

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
And many more..
That's not downplaying. That's actually stating facts. MMH hadn't achieved really significant results, and now he has. Everyone is saying Killer Frost hasn't done much (which is true), does that mean they're saying she's not good? So if KF gets a top 8 at the next major, does that mean people were downplaying (Myles Wright doesn't count)? No, it just means they're saying she hasn't had the results. MMH was complained about endlessly, including an embarrassing thread that got removed from the front page and got a user banned (and rightly won a worst thread of the year Tomby!). There WAS constant bitching over him. The reaction was to the bitching, not to whether or not MMH was good. It has nothing to do with downplaying. If people really can't see that he's super good based on tools alone, then I don't know what to tell them. But I've literally never encountered a post saying MMH isn't great. And that says a lot.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
That's not downplaying. That's actually stating facts. MMH hadn't achieved really significant results, and now he has..
That doesn't make any sense.. MMH was Top 8 or Top 3 at everything REO showed up to. That's why APEX should not have been a surprise. How can people say he hadn't achieved any significant results?

That's like saying Green Lantern hasn't achieved any significant results :D

Last edited:

coolwhip

Noob
That doesn't make any sense.. MMH was Top 8 or Top 3 at everything REO showed up to. That's why APEX should not have been a surprise. How can people say he hadn't achieved any significant results?

First of all who said APEX was a surprise? Did anyone act shocked here? Jupiter had proven he's good multiple times at the Break and REO is REO.

I actually agree with your first point in general, in that MMH wasn't doing much because those representing him weren't attending. BUT, there's a caveat: Given the huge amount of bitching, and endless complaining about him being OP, a couple of top 8's by REO back then hardly justified the cries for nerfs, bitching about the OH tele, "Kabal of Injustice," etc... And, more importantly, after 2 months of promises about what MMH would do at NEC, he didn't deliver. That's a fact, is it not? So it was only normal for people to point that out then. I still have no clue what the problem is. EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE acknowledges that this is an excellent character. But the talks about how good he was, how he was ruining the game, how he 8-2's every zoner in the game, etc... were unbearable, and way too over the top. And keep in mind, those talks have so far not been proven right. So far, all I'm seeing is an excellent character used by excellent players. Not a broken character that absolutely needs a nerf and will ruin the game.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter

Crimson, have you forgotten about us? :(

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I would like to say Congrats again @HazeJupiter for winning Apex. BUT. You still a scumbag for not playing casuals after you won and we got food. :p. Just kidding. Good shit dude. Congrats on your win. Hopefully you aren't too Hollywood now to play casuals against me. XD

E

Eldriken

I hate how most (if not all) threads inevitably turn into dick measuring contests in one way or another. Or just people bitching back and forth amongst one another instead of trying to discuss things in a civil manner. Yes, I'm aware that most of the time they head in this direction due to one (or several) person(s) laying the foundation for it to head that direction, but still. It's like you can almost guarantee a Kindergarten level debate popping up somewhere in the majority of topics created.

Never change, Internet.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I actually agree with your first point in general, in that MMH wasn't doing much because those representing him weren't attending. BUT, there's a caveat: Given the huge amount of bitching, and endless complaining about him being OP, a couple of top 8's by REO back then hardly justified the cries for nerfs, bitching about the OH tele, "Kabal of Injustice," etc... And, more importantly, after 2 months of promises about what MMH would do at NEC, he didn't deliver. That's a fact, is it not? So it was only normal for people to point that out then. I still have no clue what the problem is. EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE acknowledges that this is an excellent character. But the talks about how good he was, how he was ruining the game, how he 8-2's every zoner in the game, etc... were unbearable, and way too over the top. And keep in mind, those talks have so far not been proven right. So far, all I'm seeing is an excellent character used by excellent players. Not a broken character that absolutely needs a nerf and will ruin the game.
Yeah, well that's pretty much how I feel about Flash. He was declared a Top 5 character before he was ever buffed, and then after receiving buffs it was immediately declared that he was now broken and would dominate the game. A whole bunch of people picked him up, including some very talented players, and nothing happened.

I still like the Flash is a good character, and he has plenty of dirt; but clearly it's not what people said he was. At least the direction the MMH results are going it better supports the argument that he's absolute top-level.

It's also not so much about the results as the way he gets them. The keys are:

-He has excellent control of space at all distances on screen. There's no range where he's not at home, either zoning fullscreen, or using his trait to dictate the spacing in footsie range

-He also has air control at all distances on screen. So against a good MMH, you literally cannot jump anywhere on the screen at any range without a high likelyhood of being punished. Which wouldn't be as much of a problem, except that:

-His orbs also allow him to control your movement; so if you can't jump and you're forced to try to move in, you have to play his game and eat whatever he wants to do while you're trying to get in. Characters that teleport or divekick in can be stopped by a well-placed point-blank orb, allowing him to do whatever behind it.

-And in a game where interactibles matter, he has full control of most of the interactibles on stages. Aside from OTG combo enders, many characters simply can't safely use interactibles in MMH's presence.

Once you add his many mixups, OTG damage setups, extremely ambiguous crossup setups, instant air teleport shenanigans, and his options out of a jump, you start to get the full picture. Everyone was focused on tele being safe on block, but it's really much more than that.

So it's not so much just about the wins.. It's that people knew it would happen based on how his tools affect other characters' tools and options.

Last edited:

Rebelo

Noob
I wonder if anyone knows that Rebelo is like... an actual really good FGC player.
He plays umvc3 and sf4. He is mainly a capcom player.
He doesn't travel because he is not allowed into the usa. So he has to stick to canadian tournaments.
But him being really good at inj is no surprise. He is good in all games he plays.
Well thanks man i miss injustice been playin alot of ki thats kinda my problem i get really good at a game then the next fighting game came along then i play that i get really good at that then yea sumthing new comes out and ye its a rinse and repeat thing for me lol i hate it i really dont no how chris g balances out so many games

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Well thanks man i miss injustice been playin alot of ki thats kinda my problem i get really good at a game then the next fighting game came along then i play that i get really good at that then yea sumthing new comes out and ye its a rinse and repeat thing for me lol i hate it i really dont no how chris g balances out so many games
He has his main games and his side games.

KI is pretty easy to keep as a side game.