3-7 Sonya
4-6 Geras
3-7 Shang
3-7 Scorpion
2-8 Kabal
4-6 Liu
4-6 Lao
2-8 Cetrion
I... what? There is NOTHING in this game polarizing enough to warrant an 8-2 matchup whatsoever. This is not MK9's bullshittery. At worst, Jade falls in the 3-7 category against MAYBE Scorpion at the worst. Jade has the tools necessary to adapt to many different characters and their core playstyles, even going so far as to deny entire parts of opponents' tool sets. She's capable in her own right in her own ways unique to her.

On another note: Glortor, I'm going to be open and honest with you here. I'm not one to deny another's privilege to weigh in on any discussion, but you've actively put yourself in a predicament where literally anything you say on balance (especially Jade) can almost immediately be discarded up front. You're blowing Jade's weaknesses so far out of proportion that it's borderline fanaticism, and you've recently been flaunting the fact that you've uninstalled the game as if it's badge of honor. Your eyes are entirely closed to what Jade offers in strengths because you've long since decided that they're not good enough for you, but this isnt about you. This is about the longer term health of the game. Jade is a DANGEROUS character in the realm of balance because of her available tools so a vast majority of what you want for her would turn her into the next Erron/Sonya/Geras, if not considerably worse to fight against.

Please stop this crusade of being so disingenuous in your portrayal of this character. You seem to have made this a personal issue instead of assessing things from a more objective standpoint. You present your arguments logically, but the underlying thought processes of your arguments are steeped in personal emotion. I know what that emotional drive is like quite well because I'm an emotionally charged individual myself (see: my recent post in the Rant thread), but there's a massive difference between an emotional complaint and a deceptive logically-presented argument based on emotion instead of objective assessment.

Let's be more intellectually honest here in our assessments of characters and balance, and I can tell you right here and now that you saying things like Kabal v. Jade is 8-2 for Kabal is not that.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I... what? There is NOTHING in this game polarizing enough to warrant an 8-2 matchup whatsoever. This is not MK9's bullshittery. At worst, Jade falls in the 3-7 category against MAYBE Scorpion at the worst. Jade has the tools necessary to adapt to many different characters and their core playstyles, even going so far as to deny entire parts of opponents' tool sets. She's capable in her own right in her own ways unique to her.

On another note: Glortor, I'm going to be open and honest with you here. I'm not one to deny another's privilege to weigh in on any discussion, but you've actively put yourself in a predicament where literally anything you say on balance (especially Jade) can almost immediately be discarded up front. You're blowing Jade's weaknesses so far out of proportion that it's borderline fanaticism, and you've recently been flaunting the fact that you've uninstalled the game as if it's badge of honor. Your eyes are entirely closed to what Jade offers in strengths because you've long since decided that they're not good enough for you, but this isnt about you. This is about the longer term health of the game. Jade is a DANGEROUS character in the realm of balance because of her available tools so a vast majority of what you want for her would turn her into the next Erron/Sonya/Geras, if not considerably worse to fight against.

Please stop this crusade of being so disingenuous in your portrayal of this character. You seem to have made this a personal issue instead of assessing things from a more objective standpoint. You present your arguments logically, but the underlying thought processes of your arguments are steeped in personal emotion. I know what that emotional drive is like quite well because I'm an emotionally charged individual myself (see: my recent post in the Rant thread), but there's a massive difference between an emotional complaint and a deceptive logically-presented argument based on emotion instead of objective assessment.

Let's be more intellectually honest here in our assessments of characters and balance, and I can tell you right here and now that you saying things like Kabal v. Jade is 8-2 for Kabal is not that.
This is exactly why this website no longer has any good discussion.
Someone brings up an opinion and instead of discussing, people start with personal attacks.
You think I'm wrong? Prove me wrong.

You act as if somehow miraculously your opinion was worth more than mine.
Let me break it down to you.

Yours, and everybody else's opinion is worth the exact same.

That is what a forum is. (except for TYM)

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
This is exactly why this website no longer has any good discussion.
Someone brings up an opinion and instead of discussing, people start with personal attacks.
You think I'm wrong? Prove me wrong.

You act as if somehow miraculously your opinion was worth more than mine.
Let me break it down to you.

Yours, and everybody else's opinion is worth the exact same.

That is what a forum is. (except for TYM)
And let me break something down for you. You posted an opinion with no backing, no analysis, no articulated thought. What am I to prove you wrong on when all I see are arbitrary numbers? The burden of proof for your own arguments is on your shoulders. Instead, now all you've done is retreated to your usual moral high ground. That's no discussion as you claim to desire.

No, I do not miraculously claim my opinion is greater than yours. All I've done is shone a spotlight on what many have consistently thought of your contributions to this forum.

I've said my peace and I wont bog down this thread by entertaining your tactics any further. Enjoy perusing the forum of the game you've already decided not to play any longer and being incessantly angry that the game doesnt cater to your desired "balance."

seanpon

Noob
I'm glad for this forum, because a lot of good points are being made both ways. But I really don't like when people gang up on others. Especially since a lot of the personal attacks happen to be directed toward @GLoRToR. The man has been playing this character and active on this forum probably more than anyone else in this thread. Let him express his opinions without directing hate or anger towards him. Even if you don't agree with him, just don't immediately try to discredit him bc of your bias toward his personal character.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I'm glad for this forum, because a lot of good points are being made both ways. But I really don't like when people gang up on others. Especially since a lot of the personal attacks happen to be directed toward @GLoRToR. The man has been playing this character and active on this forum probably more than anyone else in this thread. Let him express his opinions without directing hate or anger towards him. Even if you don't agree with him, just don't immediately try to discredit him bc of your bias toward his personal character.
You’re new. You should probably mind your business lol.
I don’t have a problem with GlorTor but he does have a bad track record when it comes to his characters.
What’s going on here atm is pretty normal lol

You’re new. You should probably mind your business lol.
I don’t have a problem with GlorTor but he does have a bad track record when it comes to his characters.
What’s going on here atm is pretty normal lol
A lot of us "new" people are probably a lot older then you so maybe you should slow your role before telling people to mind their business....

xKhaoTik

A lot of us "new" people are probably a lot older then you so maybe you should slow your role before telling people to mind their business....
You can’t join a conversation then tell someone to mind their business lol. It had nothing to do with you. How does that even work?

And if you took offense to what I said then oh well.

I can tell he’s new. Everyone who’s been here for quite some time now knows GlorTor and what follows. He gets attacked but sometimes he deserves it. It’s nothing new and hasn’t changed in years

seanpon

Noob
You can’t join a conversation then tell someone to mind their business lol. It had nothing to do with you. How does that even work?

I can tell he’s new. Everyone who’s been here for quite some time now knows GlorTor and what follows. He gets attacked but sometimes he deserves it. It’s nothing new and hasn’t changed in years
I've always been checking TYM for a long time now, just recently made my account to add my opinion to things. "You can't join a conversation then tell someone to mind their business lol" You literally just did the same thing to me, genius. And I haven't even seen you make a single post in any Jade forum, I know that bc I wouldn't be able to forget the ugly man that I see in the profile picture.

Last edited:

Ummm........ YOU just told someone to mind their business.........I just told you to slow your role..................Are we reading the same forum?

seanpon

Noob
Ummm........ YOU just told someone to mind their business.........I just told you to slow your role..................Are we reading the same forum?
You have to forgive the poor guy, he's pretty slow up there. I just hope he has something going on in his life, bc brains and brawns is certainly something he's lacking

xKhaoTik

You have to forgive the poor guy, he's pretty slow up there. I just hope he has something going on in his life, bc brains and brawns is certainly something he's lacking
But I really don't like when people gang up on others.
But what are you doing at this exact moment right now hmm? Are we hypocrites?
I've always been checking TYM for a long time now, just recently made my account to add my opinion to things. "You can't join a conversation then tell someone to mind their business lol" You literally just did the same thing to me, genius. And I haven't even seen you make a single post in any Jade forum, I know that bc I wouldn't be able to forget the ugly man that I see in the profile picture.
But I have made posts in the Jade forums. Literally in this thread before this topic lol. Not my fault you can’t read.
And if you’ve been around for a while like you claim, you’d already know what was up and wouldn’t make that comment. But I guess you tried to be captain save a ho and failed.
And yup I’m very ugly. Thanks for pointing it out

xKhaoTik

I read it wrong my bad. But still, he’s wrong in the situation and making himself look bad.

seanpon

Noob
But what are you doing at this exact moment right now hmm? Are we hypocrites?

But I have made posts in the Jade forums. Literally in this thread before this topic lol. Not my fault you can’t read.
And if you’ve been around for a while like you claim, you’d already know what was up and wouldn’t make that comment. But I guess you tried to be captain save a ho and failed.
And yup I’m very ugly. Thanks for pointing it out
Didn't memorize your name, but haven't seen that mug before. "Captain save a ho", cringeworthy at its finest. Haven't heard that stupid phrase in years, how old are you to be saying stupid shiit like that. The only reason i am coming back at you is bc you called me out for no reason when I was trying to diffuse the situation.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
And let me break something down for you. You posted an opinion with no backing, no analysis, no articulated thought. What am I to prove you wrong on when all I see are arbitrary numbers? The burden of proof for your own arguments is on your shoulders. Instead, now all you've done is retreated to your usual moral high ground. That's no discussion as you claim to desire.

No, I do not miraculously claim my opinion is greater than yours. All I've done is shone a spotlight on what many have consistently thought of your contributions to this forum.

I've said my peace and I wont bog down this thread by entertaining your tactics any further. Enjoy perusing the forum of the game you've already decided not to play any longer and being incessantly angry that the game doesnt cater to your desired "balance."
^ TYM Debate culture.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
^ TYM Debate culture.
Ok Glortor, sure, I'll give you an opportunity to prove them wrong.

I disagree that Jade loses 2-8 to Kabal and Cetrion (among other things). Could you please explain why you think this?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
If you are gonna see one of these matchups as 8-2 then you might as well just put the controller down because you'll never win with that attitude. Obviously we're dealing with subjectivity when it comes to matchup numbers but when I picture 8-2 I'm picturing some Zod vs Lex shit, the dumpster vs Sinestro or Sagat just spamming fireballs in classic SF

Last edited:

DelilahKane

I’m not your baby.
Wait. Cetrion a losing MU for Jade? Other way around. If the Jade can keep glow up all she has to do is look out for slow ass -35 tendrils.

I'd say it's 6-4 Jade or at worst 5-5