What's new

ELeague Injustice 2 Details Vault - UPDATE: Stream is LIVE

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
injel1.jpg

We will learn who the last two players to qualify for the ELeague finals this Saturday during the Last Chance Qualifier. Doors will be opening for this event this Saturday at 10AM EST and the event will officially start at 12PM NOON EST via https://go.twitch.tv/eleaguetv .

From here, there is more... details below:

Turner and IMG's ELEAGUE, in partnership with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, will offer fans the first-ever ELEAGUE Injustice 2 World Championship presented by PS4. The event, featuring NetherRealm Studios' critically-acclaimed, super-powered fighting game, will begin Friday, Oct. 27, with live Group A coverage at 10 p.m. ET on TBS.

The World Championship will feature 16 of the game's most accomplished players – 14 from the inaugural circuit of pro competition, including the Injustice 2 Championship Series, as well as two from the Last Chance Qualifier (Saturday, Oct. 21 at Noon on Twitch) – competing for $250,000 in prize money. Live TBS coverage will continue Friday, Nov. 3, at 10 p.m. with Group B, followed by the Championships at the same time on Friday, Nov. 10.

Live gameplay coverage for both Group A (Oct. 27) and Group B (Nov. 3) will begin at 6 p.m. on Twitch, which will also offer live streaming coverage of the entire tournament.
injtbs.jpeg

ELEAGUE Injustice 2 World Championship Commentators

ELEAGUE will present a rotation of fighting game experts and former pro players to cast each match and break down all the live action from ELEAGUE Arena. Richard Lewis will return as studio host, joined by ELEAGUE newcomers Joshua Gray (reporter), Bryant “Kitana Prime” Benzing (commentator) and David "Ultra David" Graham (commentator). ELEAGUE will also bring back popular casters Stephen "Sajam" Lyon, Steve "Tasty Steve" Scott, Reepal "Rip" Parbhoo and Zhi "Zhieeep" Liang Chew from the ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational.
injcom.jpeg

Source: http://www.eleague.com/injustice2/news#oKLvEIpd6iqo

TUNE IN THIS SATURDAY @ 12PM NOON EST!!! (6PM EU, 3PM PST, 1 PM CST)

Pools:
https://smash.gg/tournament/eleague-injustice-2-last-chance-qualifier/events/injustice-2/brackets/162850

Last edited by a moderator:
If Ultradavid and KP isn't good enough, you'll have to say who's better.
LOL I never named anyone dude but certain ppl being there is a crime to the others actually putting in the work FOR NRS games.

And dont take it as me hating on anyone cause I love all the commentators there just think some should be out and some should be in thats it have some pudding.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
LOL I never named anyone dude but certain ppl being there is a crime to the others actually putting in the work FOR NRS games.

And dont take it as me hating on anyone cause I love all the commentators there just think some should be out and some should be in thats it have some pudding.
You are one shady puddle.. I'll have to keep an eye on you :p

"I'm not sayin', but I'm just sayin', knowhatI'm sayin'?? (Ya feel me?)"

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
We all know Zhieep and Rip shouldn’t be there. That’s obvious lol. Oh well. I think it’ll still be a good event to watch

I'd legit listen to this as a radio broadcast if Ketchup and Mustard were commentating it.

(not to say any of the commentators there aren't great)

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Play by play, Overview meta and Color Commentators. Definitely Esports.
The only guy that I think don't know much rn about injustice 2 is zhieep.

Hoping for good post match interviews.

Gon be gud.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
oh exciting.,.. Ultradavid and KP are such a great casting team. They absolutely KILLED it when they were together at EVO!

I honestly did not know much about eLeauge until a few days go so this is a real surprise to me. Really keen to see how the weekend goes!!

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
I love all of them as players, Rip and Sajam are some of my favorites to watch actually, but like... Why do we never get a full cast of the dedicated NRS commentators? Oh well, at least we get UltraDavid and KP.

Wouldn't K&M be potentially expensive for e-league since they have to fly them from England and provide them with lodging etc. I can see why they got passed over.Truth been told we don't really have a lot of commentators

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
K&M are in Europe.. it is not even an option to get them.. no idea why they even would be considered. If they are serious about making casting a career they might need to consider moving to the USA. It is a bit of an ask for the event to eat 2 plane tickets to America.

Also, and this might get me some hate, but are they really a big part of the scene? Yes they stream.. but lots of people do that, and yes they were big in MKx but their success has made them sorta move on. Casting Quake and other eSpots. That is not a bad thing, but i just means they are not as present in the NRS scene as they used to be.

I can not even remember the last time they posted FGC content. I unsubbed from the chan when all that was posted was FPS stuff.. I'm not saying they are not great guys and good commentators, but they are not "our" commentators..

That is firmly Aquaman, KP and UltraDavid, imo.