What's new

ELeague Injustice 2 Details Vault - UPDATE: Stream is LIVE

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
F0xy beats Rye 3-0, awaiting the winner of Toxin and iLuusions in Winners finals of the pool

ILuusions beats Toxin 3-0

Forever King beats Starcharger 3-1 to advance to winner's final of the pool, where Homelee is waiting for him with 2 hands

F0xy beats iLuusions 3-2 to advance to winner's top 8.
Forever King beats Homelee 3-1 to advance to winner's top 8.

Winner's side of top 8 is now complete

Starcharger eliminated Slayer 3-2
Toxin eliminated Rye

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Slayer was eliminated off stream 3-2 by Starcharger.

Oakiess beats PL's Brainiac and Batman 3-0 with Grodd.

Who is this guy???

Oakiess is a Twitch streamer who's been doing late night streams on his channel since the day MKX dropped. I used to watch him all the time in college because he's really good, and his voice is soothing and it helped with my insomnia. He doesn't stream as much as he did back then, which was nearly every night, but you can follow him here to get notified when he goes live: https://www.twitch.tv/oakiess

He played Sub Zero in MKX, and started with Captain Cold in Injustice 2, but now of course plays Grodd.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Slayer was eliminated off stream 3-2 by Starcharger.

Oakiess is a Twitch streamer who's been doing late night streams on his channel since the day MKX dropped. I used to watch him all the time in college because he's really good, and his voice is soothing and helped with my insomnia. He doesn't stream as much as he did back then, which was nearly every night, but you can follow him here to get notified when he goes live: https://www.twitch.tv/oakiess

He played Sub Zero in MKX, and started with Captain Cold in Injustice 2, but now of course plays Grodd.
Yeah, I've looked him up since posting, had just never seen or heard of him before today

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Lol, my guy Jynks.

$250,000 tournament
Nationwide TV deal
Can't afford plane tickets

I'm sure there was a good reason for it, but that was not the reason :D
I think that this could be a fallacy of logic. Money is money.. and it all counts. In fact I would say the richer the event the more money and the TIGHTER it is, not looser. You do not make money by signing a lot of cheques... just saying.

Also a mate of mine said that the commentator thing could be about cross promotion. The NRS scene is a built in audience, but Tasty and Sajam and Chew and even Ultradavid are legit "stars" in the cross game FGC... having them cast will 100% mean more people with watch I would think.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think that this could be a fallacy of logic. Money is money.. and it all counts. In fact I would say the richer the event the more money and the TIGHTER it is, not looser. You do not make money by signing a lot of cheques... just saying.
Yeah, this definitely isn't the same organization that flies entire teams of players in from all over the world for multiple 6-figure Counter-Strike/Overwatch tournaments..

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Yeah, this definitely isn't the same organization that flies entire teams of players in from all over the world for multiple 6-figure Counter-Strike/Overwatch tournaments..
that is exactly the point. The money counters would be constantly looking at every chance to save money.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
that is exactly the point. The money counters would be constantly looking at every chance to save money.
Who is counting money at eleague? You're either kidding or don't actually follow ELEAGUE or any other esports they cover.

Their entire MO is spending as much money as they want to in order to get the effect of being a top-notch production.

Turner isn't breaking the bank by buying a couple of plane tickets. Clearly they had different reasoning.

Why spend money pointlessly when you can just use US commentators it makes no sense
That's like saying, "Why fly Compton out from California when you can get someone from the driving distance to do the same job". Makes no sense at this level of overall spend/production.

Who is counting money at eleague? You're either kidding or don't actually follow ELEAGUE or any other esports they cover.

Their entire MO is spending as much money as they want to in order to get the effect of being a top-notch production.

Turner isn't breaking the bank by buying a couple of plane tickets. Clearly they had different reasoning.
Their entire MO is spending as much money as they need to in order to get the effect of being a top-notch production.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Their entire MO is spending as much money as they need to in order to get the effect of being a top-notch production.
By that logic, they didn't 'need to' fly guys out from Cali to host this, but they did. I don't know where you got the idea that ELEAGUE is a penny-pinching operation that can't be bothered to buy plane tickets.

By that logic, they didn't 'need to' fly guys out from Cali to host this, but they did. I don't know where you got the idea that ELEAGUE is a penny-pinching operation that can't be bothered to buy plane tickets.
they needed a number of commentators so they needed to. It's not about penny pitching it's about not spending more than you need to. Them or NRS probably paid for the plane tickets of the guys from EU and Latin America because it was needed to bring the hype K&M though are not needed when you can get local commentator.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
they needed a number of commentators so they needed to. It's not about penny pitching it's about not spending more than you need to. Them or NRS probably paid for the plane tickets of the guys from EU and Latin America because it was needed to bring the hype K&M though are not needed when you can get local commentator.
Yeah, which is why they'd fly someone all the way who's not even from the scene like Zhi, instead of getting someone who's actually 'local' like Pig. Makes sense.

Clearly these decisions weren't just about the money.

Yeah, which is why they'd fly someone all the way in like Zhi instead of getting someone who's actually 'local' like Pig. Makes sense.

Clearly these decisions weren't just about the money.
Pig hasn't really commentated at injustice 2 tournament to the best of my knowledge he wouldn't be a strong candidate IMO. Was Pig even available today i don't think so

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Pig hasn't really commentated at injustice 2 tournament to the best of my knowledge he wouldn't be a strong candidate IMO. Was Pig even available today i don't think so
And Zhi commentates Injustice 2 all the time, right.

Pig just did a Gamestop event not long ago and is actively commentating and talking about the game on his stream each week -- he's multiple times more capable to handle something like this. It wasn't about the money. And they didn't call to check his availability.

This talking point is pretty silly.

And Zhi commentates Injustice 2 all the time, right.

Pig just did a Gamestop event not long ago and is actively commentating and talking about the game on his stream each week -- he's multiple times more capable to handle something like this. It wasn't about the money. And they didn't call to check his availability.

This talking point is foolish.
No matter how controversial Zhi commentating may have been he has more experience and has a stronger resume. He also has some exp commentating with the other and is loved by a lot of the FGC

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
No matter how controversial Zhi commentating may have been he has more experience and has a stronger resume. He also has some exp commentating with the other and is loved by a lot of the FGC
So then you admit it wasn't about the money..

So it's convenient to ignore the cost when it suits your argument.

That makes absolutely no sense.
So you comparing buying 2 plane tickets from Britain to the US multiple time a month to simply paying for 1 from Cali to Georgia to get a commentator with experience is better?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
So you comparing buying 2 plane tickets from Britain to the US multiple time a month to simply paying for 1 from Cali to Georgia to get a commentator with experience is better?
Zhi flew in from Asia for this -- it's the rest of the guys that flew from Cali.

And compared to the cost of housing, makeup and salary for these guys for a production at this level, it's not even close to a bank-breaking sum of money.

This makes absolutely no sense.

Zhi flew in from Asia for this -- it's the rest of the guys that flew from Cali.

And compared to the cost of housing, makeup and salary for these guys for a production at this level, it's not even close to a bank-breaking sum of money.

This makes absolutely no sense.
ok I did not know Zhi flew from Asia that's a really good point there let's just say at this point e league has their FGC guys and tehy are not likely to change outside of 1 or 2 guys