What's new

Ed Boon Hints at "Low-Tiers" Getting Buffed + New Injustice Skins!

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
I've said it when people suggest NW nerfs, and I'll reiterate when people suggest NW buffs: Nightwing is a balanced upper-mid tier character that is fine as-is.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Yeah well that's still 22 Batmen, Supermen, and BA's that he is working over to snag that spot.
Besides, honestly outside of the random trolls and idiots, most of the people know Bane is dangerous in the right hands and is probably a solid mid tier character, so if they buff him like he was a lower tiered character then you have a mid gone high instead of a low gone mid.
Lol.. I've never seen a tournament like that. There are usually 2 Black Adams (if that) 2 Supermans (maybe 3 on the WC), and 1 or 2 good Batamans.

But again I ask: what would be wrong with Bane being a high tier? He's very exciting to watch and I think it'd be good for the game. Bane's playstyle leads to great matches when the matchup is actually decent for him.

Reactions: JLG

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Lol.. I've never seen a tournament like that. There are usually 2 Black Adams (if that) 2 Supermans (maybe 3 on the WC), and 1 or 2 good Batamans.

But again I ask: what would be wrong with Bane being a high tier? He's very exciting to watch and I think it'd be good for the game. Bane's playstyle leads to great matches when the matchup is actually decent for him.
I'm not worried about them buffing him, they've buffed him in every single patch in some way or another. I'm worried about them buffing him in the wrong way.
He is one charge cancel away from being a slow-mo kabal.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Depends on the buffs. Sometimes buffs are direct kounters...
What can they buff on Shazam?
Make his moves safer (Bane couldn't punish most of them anyways), remove frame gaps (once again, not Bane's best attribute being his poke), maybe a trait buff (Bane will likely get one too), a slightly faster projectile (once again, not really much difference) and maybe a small damage buff overall.
The MU honestly probably won't change much for either side.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I'm not worried about them buffing him, they've buffed him in every single patch in some way or another. I'm worried about them buffing him in the wrong way.
He is one charge cancel away from being a slow-mo kabal.
I'd rather see a beast Bane that can compete with Superman and BA than a Bane crying a tear of sadness because he was scrubbed out of pools. Haha

Bane is the one guy who could strike fear into the heart of even Batman.. That has to count for something.

He's a such a hype character and he deserves the spotlight.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'd rather see a beast Bane that can compete with Superman and BA than a Bane crying a tear of sadness because he was scrubbed out of pools. Haha
True, but I'd rather not see everyone flock to my character because he turns into a free win.
As I said, buffs are fine. I just want them done right.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
True, but I'd rather not see everyone flock to my character because he turns into a free win.
As I said, buffs are fine. I just want them done right.
Honestly, no characters in this game are free wins. Some are easier than others, but even with top characters it takes a very good player to come out at the top of a tourney.

I'd be more worried about ensuring that the disadvantaged characters have a decent shot at taking it all.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly, no characters in this game are free wins. Some are easier than others, but even with top characters it takes a very good player to come out at the top of a tourney.

I'd be more worried about ensuring that the disadvantaged characters have a decent shot at taking it all.
Give Bane a charge cancel and he becomes a free win on account of 223 b.f.1.DC would become pretty much a block infinite with constant 50/50s mixed in.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
What can they buff on Shazam?
Make his moves safer (Bane couldn't punish most of them anyways), remove frame gaps (once again, not Bane's best attribute being his poke), maybe a trait buff (Bane will likely get one too), a slightly faster projectile (once again, not really much difference) and maybe a small damage buff overall.
The MU honestly probably won't change much for either side.

You're just looking at Shazam's side. I was thinking Bane might get something OP...

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Give Bane a charge cancel and he becomes a free win on account of 223 b.f.1.DC would become pretty much a block infinite with constant 50/50s mixed in.
By that logic they'd never have hotfixed Batgirl or Cyborg.. Anything obscene is usually a minor correction away from being re-legitimized.

Nothing even close to "free win" has been allowed to stay in the game.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
By that logic they'd never have hotfixed Batgirl or Cyborg.. Anything obscene is usually a minor correction away from being re-legitimized.

Nothing even close to "free win" has been allowed to stay in the game.
True, but that's just my point. Buff him to where you don't need to put a hotfix bandaid on it later and I'll be happy. Make him someone whom can armor through everything ever for free and I'll be satisfied but internally repulsed by the amount of migrators.

I'm not gonna let them into the BCC, and we're already putting a lock on our tech talk so I mean there will always be top Banes but, ya know... Too many chefs spoils the Gumbo.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Why is everyone so scared of Bane all of a sudden? Would it be a crime for Bane to have a shot at winning tournaments?

I'd personally love to see Bane in Top 8's with regularity. I think it'd be really hype and good for the game.

Why are people opposed to this?
if you removed the top

he'd be wrecking shop

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
if you removed the top

he'd be wrecking shop
Although the top will of course never be removed, I want Bane to wreck shop. I want him to terrorize Batman players everywhere and cause people to run in fear in Top 8's at majors around the country. Let the Knightmare begin! muahahaha

Imo when Bane or Lex has a realistic shot at winning majors, this game is heading in the right direction and audiences everywhere will be thankful for it.

The truth think, should give you a good buff to the 4 low tier character.
bane is not level low, is similar to ares in general terms, but no matter, I'm really excited to get the patch, and see the hype of the low tier making the top eight. SO GET HYPE Do not lose hope.