What's new

Question Ed Boon asks: "WHO DO YOU THINK ARE THE TOP 5 MOST OP FIGHTERS IN MKXL?"

Who do you think are the 5 most "OP" fighters in MKXL?

• Total voters

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
if your dislike is on Piercing, fine - she gets lot of hate, I understand
if your dislike is on Kotal, you really don't see how messed up he is. We have top 2 Kotals here where we play, TM (yes TekkenMaster) and x-Azeez (@x-azeez) and i'd really suggest you play them. Well, we do. and i'm telling you he is way too underrated. And after the impending patch, he'll be moving higher on the tier list.
Ok. Will he move higher on the tier list after a patch? The answer is, that's likely. HOWEVER! In the game's current state, the character is rated 100% ACCURATELY. He is not an underrated character. In the current game, Kotal is a mid tier/higher mid tier character who is well rounded but has his flaws. That is how everyone, at least mostly everyone, has rated this character. And guess what, that is the honest truth about him.

Tweedy

Noob
I puke a little when people post that Alien has safe 50/50s.

Can I get some of those in the next patch? I mean Alien is one of the most unsafe characters in the game. If he's getting hate for something that he doesn't have, can Alien players at least spend some time with it?

Sure he had safe 50/50s for 2-3 weeks, before the hotfix that ruined Triborg. I guess I shouldn't expect much from TYM.

Having to use meter to launch is even worse than just being unsafe. Alien is technically more unsafe than pre patch Ermac and Wrestler Jax, in Acidic.

CrazyFingers

Can I get some of those in the next patch? I mean Alien is one of the most unsafe characters in the game. If he's getting hate for something that he doesn't have, can Alien players at least spend some time with it?

Sure he had safe 50/50s for 2-3 weeks, before the hotfix that ruins Triborg. I guess I shouldn't expect much from TYM.

Having to use meter to launch is even worse than just being unsafe. Alien is technically more unsafe than pre patch Ermac and Wrestler Jax, in Acidic.
I mean this is pretty much like everyone telling you that you ate the rest of the cookie jar and you didn't. Can't you at least actually GET SOME FUCKING COOKIES?!

Blonde_Huntress

Edenian Witch <3
Who voted Tanya?

Reallyyyyyy? She is the poster girl of getting nerfed to 6 feet under.

Lawd I hope she gets some well deserved buffs in this patch. Make Pyromancer better at what it's supposed to do--zoning. Let her be able to teleport after an air fireball. Let EX dust be able to string into combo. Decrease recovery/start frames slightly on fireballs.

Tighten up KJ rekka pressure. Give back f4 cancels. Increase her damage slightly.

Just give her SOMETHING, pretty please?!

/rant

loogie

Noob

Sure he had safe 50/50s for 2-3 weeks, before the hotfix that ruined Triborg. I guess I shouldn't expect much from TYM.

define 'unsafe'
when Alien does midscreen 50/50 check into low grab or flip, are you really able to punish it? with a d1 for the flip? and with a advancing fast special for the low?

Alien is braindead, typifies braindead, and helps non-skilled or less skilled players win vs better skilled fundamentally better players. this is the truth.

Tweedy

Noob
I mean this is pretty much like everyone telling you that you ate the rest of the cookie jar and you didn't. Can't you at least actually GET SOME FUCKING COOKIES?!
Yeah

Some of the Alien hate is getting really old. People tell me that Alien has jailing run cancels, that he has safe 50/50s, and when I come in and say "ummmm, no he doesn't", people respond with "so you're saying Alien isn't the best m8?".

What if they just nerf flip and F134 in the patch, because of TYM? Tarkatan at least, would still be top 3. Acidic is so reliant on putting his neck on the line with EX flip, so that variation may drop a little.

I think the reason Acidic is so high atm, is because people just watch Sonicfox and don't take safety into account. Tarkatan is better imo because he can confirm his meter and make himself somewhat safe vs a chunk of the cast, with rekkas. Acidic has to go balls deep with an impossible to confirm, meter using risk, when he wants a 50/50 launcher. Tarkatan's standing 2 is also a top 5 footsie tool that no one talks about. It completely flips the A List Cage match up, that is probably in Cage's favor otherwise.

Random Alien rant, over.

CrazyFingers

define 'unsafe'
when Alien does midscreen 50/50 check into low grab or flip, are you really able to punish it? with a d1 for the flip? and with a advancing fast special for the low?

Alien is braindead, typifies braindead, and helps non-skilled or less skilled players win vs better skilled fundamentally better players. this is the truth.
Well I mean...this CAN be the case but...if you're the better player, and NOT the alien, and you're TRULY better, you should still have the upperhand

loogie

Noob
Ok. Will he move higher on the tier list after a patch? The answer is, that's likely. HOWEVER! In the game's current state, the character is rated 100% ACCURATELY. He is not an underrated character. In the current game, Kotal is a mid tier/higher mid tier character who is well rounded but has his flaws. That is how everyone, at least mostly everyone, has rated this character. And guess what, that is the honest truth about him.
Ok, I see what your saying. high mid tier, not S tier but an A+ tier perhaps if we agree on it.
and what are his flaws? the gaps in this strings? watch TM he has no need to use any of those.

Tweedy

Noob
define 'unsafe'

Don't start with me, dude. Tons of characters have things in the game that do 7% and are less than -7. Regular flip isn't broke just because it's Alien.

Snag is always punishable, unless done from range(which will stop you from doing it off of a mix), by the entire cast.

You know nothing of Alien and probably nothing of this game. If Alien got your suggested nerfs he'd stay retarded.

Tweedy

Noob
Characters like War God and Acidic, while being braindead execution wise, are probably some of the least mindless characters at a high level.

Any time you do anything other than nickel and dime, you're putting your ass and meter on the line.

Tell me i'm wrong. I'm not. I know enough about the character to know that he doesn't have run cancels lol I mean wtf.

CrazyFingers

Yeah

Some of the Alien hate is getting really old. People tell me that Alien has jailing run cancels, that he has safe 50/50s, and when I come in and say "ummmm, no he doesn't", people respond with "so you're saying Alien isn't the best m8?".

What if they just nerf flip and F134 in the patch, because of TYM? Tarkatan at least, would still be top 3. Acidic is so reliant on putting his neck on the line with EX flip, so that variation may drop a little.

I think the reason Acidic is so high atm, is because people just watch Sonicfox and don't take safety into account. Tarkatan is better imo because he can confirm his meter and make himself somewhat safe vs a chunk of the cast, with rekkas. Acidic has to go balls deep with an impossible to confirm, meter using risk, when he wants a 50/50 launcher. Tarkatan's standing 2 is also a top 5 footsie tool that no one talks about. It completely flips the A List Cage match up, that is probably in Cage's favor otherwise.

Random Alien rant, over.
The problem I have ALWAYS had with Alien is the fact that his hitboxes are near uncontestable. B3, F4, S2 in tarkatana, D4, have you SEEN what overhead flip's hitbox does to people? It's disgusting. The character like, needs ranges changed and hit boxes fixed...AND HURTBOX FIXES. Holy crap this character's hurt box is actually sometimes worse than a female's. But you know, TYM will probably just focus on MIX yeah?

CrazyFingers

Characters like War God and Acidic, while being braindead execution wise, are probably some of the least mindless characters at a high level.

Any time you do anything other than nickel and dime, you're putting your ass and meter on the line.

Tell me i'm wrong. I'm not. I know enough about the character to know that he doesn't have run cancels lol I mean wtf.
Playing War God, because I do that from time to time as a Kotal main. I sometimes psych MYSELF out. I have to be like "WHAT DID THEY DO LAST TIME I DID B1, D4, B1, OH SWORD?! I CAN'T REMEMBER! FAK!" you're staggers have to be so on point it is mind blowing. You have to do a different thing every time you press your B1. I don't play Acidic, but I assume it's something similar with his 50/50's?

Tweedy

Noob
The problem I have ALWAYS had with Alien is the fact that his hitboxes are near uncontestable. B3, F4, S2 in tarkatana, D4, have you SEEN what overhead flip's hitbox does to people? It's disgusting. The character like, needs ranges changed and hit boxes fixed...AND HURTBOX FIXES. Holy crap this character's hurt box is actually sometimes worse than a female's. But you know, TYM will probably just focus on MIX yeah?
TYM just thinks in a box.

If a character is OP, it has to have everything to do with their 50/50s, not with their spacing. Mileena is OP because she can cancel into low sai and EX flip, according to TYM.

I should have quoted that post I saw in here, talking about how Alien has jailing run cancels. It looks like it got hit with a ninja edit.

The problem with Alien is his jump 2, b3, armor in the neutral, recovery on pounce and flip, flip's hitbox, even his D3 and D4 are dumb, despite getting low crushed a bit. When I talk in like a twitter chat or to a good player, they share that sentiment, but when I go on TYM, it's "errrmahgerrwd Alien's 50/50s are too safe".

Some people who argue with me on here, have admitted that they do not even own Alien.

CrazyFingers

Can someone tell me the secrets to unlock this delicious full-screen jump?

I play Kotal and I'd love to get me some of that full-screen jump attack action.
I think people are forgetting this got normalized and is not NEARLY as good as it once was.

Tweedy

Noob
Playing War God, because I do that from time to time as a Kotal main. I sometimes psych MYSELF out. I have to be like "WHAT DID THEY DO LAST TIME I DID B1, D4, B1, OH SWORD?! I CAN'T REMEMBER! FAK!" you're staggers have to be so on point it is mind blowing. You have to do a different thing every time you press your B1. I don't play Acidic, but I assume it's something similar with his 50/50's?
Yeah, with Acidic, you're either right on EX overhead flip or you die, unless you just completely nickel and dime them, which can happen, as it can with War God.

Tarkatan can confirm his meter usage with rekkas, so even if he's wrong, he's not spending meter, and if he gets punished, it's often by their meter.

CrazyFingers

TYM just thinks in a box.

If a character is OP, it has to have everything to do with their 50/50s, not with their spacing. Mileena is OP because she can cancel into low sai and EX flip, according to TYM.

I should have quoted that post I saw in here, talking about how Alien has jailing run cancels. It looks like it got hit with a ninja edit.

The problem with Alien is his jump 2, b3, armor in the neutral, recovery on pounce and flip, flip's hitbox, even his D3 and D4 are dumb, despite getting low crushed a bit. When I talk in like a twitter chat or to a good player, they share that sentiment, but when I go on TYM, it's "errrmahgerrwd Alien's 50/50s are too safe".

Some people who argue with me on here, have admitted that they do not even own Alien.
Oh god how did I forget Jump in 2, that thing is cancer on a stick

Can someone tell me the secrets to unlock this delicious full-screen jump?

I play Kotal and I'd love to get me some of that full-screen jump attack action.
It wouldnt be op even if it was guaranteed from full screen (its a joke), the dude sucks from mid to full range those why his upclose is good, i wonder if they have tried the character for once

Sidenote: Alien is overrated

CrazyFingers

Yeah, with Acidic, you're either right on EX overhead flip or you die, unless you just completely nickel and dime them, which can happen, as it can with War God.

Tarkatan can confirm his meter usage with rekkas, so even if he's wrong, he's not spending meter, and if he gets punished, it's often by their meter.
I REALLY hope the hitboxes get fixed but if they don't, looks like Tarkatan will continue its mighty reign.

Tweedy

Noob
I REALLY hope the hitboxes get fixed but if they don't, looks like Tarkatan will continue its mighty reign.
I think everyone will eventually come around to Tarkatan being the best Alien variation, and maybe the best character. I do think that Demo is the best atm, though.

Who even uses Acidic outside of Sonic? I feel like if Acidic weren't such a yolo character, Reo would use it. I mean Reo loves zoning, right? He uses Tarkatan, though.

I've seen some tier lists that don't have Tarkatan in the top 5, or they don't have Tarkatan in the same tier as the best characters. I personally have Tarkatan at #2 and Acidic at like #6 or #7. It's crazy to me.

A character can't lose a match up because they can be option selected with armor, after the opposing character has already blocked a mix up. That doesn't make any sense. I was even saying that Kitana might edge out Tarkatan months back, but that's a total bill. Imo all of Tarkatan's possible losing match ups, besides Flamefist, are just so slight, even Jax. Like they're not even 4-6. Flamefist is only bad because Tarkatan can't play the match up correctly due to this hitbox. If that got fixed, he'd fuck Flamefist up lol.

CrazyFingers

Ok, I see what your saying. high mid tier, not S tier but an A+ tier perhaps if we agree on it.
and what are his flaws? the gaps in this strings? watch TM he has no need to use any of those.
The character has flaws in the sense that there are characters that just COMPLETELY body him. Take the Sub-Zero matchup for example. Kotal has slow armor which means in the corner he is very easily armor broken. He also has pretty crappy ways to deal with Klone. Now as far as just a character by himself in the training room it's dependent on the variation. Sun God, you can option select the absolute crap out of his tick throws, making them pretty bad. In Blood God the character has 0 armored moves which cause him to be PREEEEETTY shitty when he's being pressured. And war god. While you do not NEED to constantly use your gaps and if you play solidly enough you can be hard to be read. However! The character has a TERRIBLE time with heavy zoning and is unsafe in certain areas. Saying "Tekken Master doesn't get read very often so the character must be broke" doesn't mean the character is broke.

Tweedy

Noob
Mystic is an overlooked bad match for Kotal.

Do anything after B1? Option select EX push or easy lift punish. Ermac is also as fast as Kotal and Kotal has to come in on him.

It's worse than Sub Zero imo. Sub Zero just makes the match hella slow. I don't think it's as bad as Alien, Piercing or Mystic. Just my opinion though.