What's new

EchoFox SonicFox Wins Injustice 2 Pro Series Event at East Coast Throwdown 2017!

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Unfortunately this is why NRS games die so quickly. People can't really play the characters that they want to because there just seems to always be characters that straight up dominate and if you want to win then you just gotta pick up the top tiers. They gotta work on their balancing which basically dictates whether these games can have a longer life cycle. Occasionally the obscure characters do pop up and make some noise but generally it's the usual suspects.
Like this thing hasn't done in fighting games from other companies. Seriously, one tournament with no Batman or Superman who we saw in every Top 8 since the release of the game but with 5 Deadshots of which it's the first of it's kind. But no, the game is unbalanced.

Get your facts straight.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Like this thing hasn't done in fighting games from other companies. Seriously, one tournament with no Batman or Superman who we saw in every Top 8 since the release of the game but with 5 Deadshots of which it's the first of it's kind. But no, the game is unbalanced.

Get your facts straight.
Ehhhhh, Bio used Deadshot at AB8 (until top 8) and Sonic played the deadshot mirror there as well. The problem with Deadshot is he wrecks some characters while having very few bad MUs. At least with cold there are a couple of hard counters you can run to, with deadshot there's catwoman and even that isn't as hard of a counter as it used to be. That's why you see so many players having Deadshot as a secondary. He needs to be toned down a little.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
D.R. uses the same gif for every post, how the hell is that variety.

I mean I don't even mind his posts but come on dude stop BSing.
Because he offers a different point per post, he's funny whereas Ribbz has made same joke since mk9 about a character that's helping sonic win majors

Gtfo here

Roy Arkon

Ehhhhh, Bio used Deadshot at AB8 (until top 8) and Sonic played the deadshot mirror there as well. The problem with Deadshot is he wrecks some characters while having very few bad MUs. At least with cold there are a couple of hard counters you can run to, with deadshot there's catwoman and even that isn't as hard of a counter as it used to be. That's why you see so many players having Deadshot as a secondary. He needs to be toned down a little.
So Bio used Deadshot at AB8, and Sonic used him as well in a mirror. Did 2 more players used Deadshot to make it 5 of those (F0xy used him as well)? No. Did Sonic used Black Canary and Red Hood and he took the tourney with them? Yes.

My point was that just because one Top 8 with Deadshot which at the same time didn't feature other characters that appeared in every other Top 8 at least once doesn't put the whole game in a bad state. I'm not saying Deadshot couldn't get a couple of nerfs, but this is still just ONE, JUST MOTHER F***ING ONE top 8 out of how many majors now? And when was the last time we did see Deadshot that many times in a Top 8? You can't judge the state of the whole game after it has been proven over and over and over and over again to be balanced from pretty much every other Top 8, just because of this one Top 8, and especially if the whole reason for it is for just the entertainment of the viewers alone.

Also, considering that you and everyone else keep avoiding my point regarding neither Batman nor Superman appearing in Top 8 for the first time since the game has been released, I guess you really make all of this outrage just because of the viewership alone.

DC King

Noob
So Bio used Deadshot at AB8, and Sonic used him as well in a mirror. Did 2 more players used Deadshot to make it 5 of those (F0xy used him as well)? No. Did Sonic used Black Canary and Red Hood and he took the tourney with them? Yes.

My point was that just because one Top 8 with Deadshot which at the same time didn't feature other characters that appeared in every other Top 8 at least once doesn't put the whole game in a bad state. I'm not saying Deadshot couldn't get a couple of nerfs, but this is still just ONE, JUST MOTHER F***ING ONE top 8 out of how many majors now? And when was the last time we did see Deadshot that many times in a Top 8? You can't judge the state of the whole game after it has been proven over and over and over and over again to be balanced from pretty much every other Top 8, just because of this one Top 8, and especially if the whole reason for it is for just the entertainment of the viewers alone.

Also, considering that you and everyone else keep avoiding my point regarding neither Batman nor Superman appearing in Top 8 for the first time since the game has been released, I guess you really make all of this outrage just because of the viewership alone.
Dude u need a smoke break :)

Roy Arkon

Dude u need a smoke break :)
Never smoked in my life and I never will. Don't understand the smokers TBH.

But anyway, I'm at the one who needs a break when you guys bitch about the whole game because of one Top 8 after several months since the game is out?

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
or maybe nrs sucks at competitive design the first go around evidenced by literally every single game they've made so far. the community wants a good game before 2 year expiration date is up and you just want to scrub it up with prepatch aquaman forever.

hmm care about snaka feeling just so gdlk man using prepatch aquascrub with his sick scuba gear or have a real fg nobody laughs at for once hmm tough choice my man. your character was part of the problem let it go already
once you scrubs get DS nerfed to the ground you will find other chars to bitch about.
It will never be your fault you suck at the game so much, no it will always be the game.

Levaranoia

War God

Get your facts straight.
The thing is this happens with all NRS games and then they just drop off completely. I'd like to get more then 2 years out of these games. I wish NRS would support these games for longer periods of time. MKXL still had a lot of life left in it and now it's completely gone.

Roy Arkon

The thing is this happens with all NRS games and then they just drop off completely. I'd like to get more then 2 years out of these games. I wish NRS would support these games for longer periods of time. MKXL still had a lot of life left in it and now it's completely gone.
This has nothing to do with this topic. NRS supports their games for only 2 years only because WB are forcing them to do so, so they can work on the next game. Even if the balance was perfect to the point you won't see 5 Deadshots in the same Top 8 NRS will still support the game for only two years. Why? Because that's what WB wants, so the can get the cash from the sales.

The fact that you make this huge salad is just ridiculous beyond any fucking believe. You see only one Top 8 with 5 Deadshots, while again, in like the fucking 4th time already, Batman and Superman, two other characters who appeared at least once in every Top 8 so far, didn't appear in this Top 8, but because Deadshot in particular appeared 5 times in one Top 8, the whole game is unbalanced and you actually claim that the whole reason for it because of the time they get to support the game while it's not their decision to begin with.

The game is balanced, very balanced actually. Aside from MKX, IJ2 is the most balanced game NRS got from the start so far. They only improved their balance from each game. Even at EVO where Dragon won with Aquaman, the game was already in a very balanced state due to the diversity of the characters and players in that Top 8 and those who won the majors so far.

Oh and MKX is still played up to this day. I guess you didn't watch Viennality which took place two months ago why after IJ2 was out. MKX was there alongside IJ2 and it was HYPE AS FUCK! And people still play the game online.

Stop with these excuses. I get it, we all get it, Deadshot can get a couple or nerfs, but the game is very well balanced and it has nothing to do with the support period. One Top 8, especially after so many other Top 8's, doesn't reflect anything at all.

DC King

Noob
Never smoked in my life and I never will. Don't understand the smokers TBH.

But anyway, I'm at the one who needs a break when you guys bitch about the whole game because of one Top 8 after several months since the game is out?

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.
Ok now thats the second time someone quoted me and said "you guys".
First off i don't bitch on a forum about some char i can give 2 fucks about. Second if people say x character needs a nerf or this top 8 was boring etc it is their opinion and it seems as if anybody states their opinion about a char or the game some call it bitching?

I don't care if it was 1 top 8 or 20 the design of that character is mind blowing.

Levaranoia

War God
This has nothing to do with this topic. NRS supports their games for only 2 years only because WB are forcing them to do so, so they can work on the next game. Even if the balance was perfect to the point you won't see 5 Deadshots in the same Top 8 NRS will still support the game for only two years. Why? Because that's what WB wants, so the can get the cash from the sales.

The fact that you make this huge salad is just ridiculous beyond any fucking believe. You see only one Top 8 with 5 Deadshots, while again, in like the fucking 4th time already, Batman and Superman, two other characters who appeared at least once in every Top 8 so far, didn't appear in this Top 8, but because Deadshot in particular appeared 5 times in one Top 8, the whole game is unbalanced and you actually claim that the whole reason for it because of the time they get to support the game while it's not their decision to begin with.

The game is balanced, very balanced actually. Aside from MKX, IJ2 is the most balanced game NRS got from the start so far. They only improved their balance from each game. Even at EVO where Dragon won with Aquaman, the game was already in a very balanced state due to the diversity of the characters and players in that Top 8 and those who won the majors so far.

Oh and MKX is still played up to this day. I guess you didn't watch Viennality which took place two months ago why after IJ2 was out. MKX was there alongside IJ2 and it was HYPE AS FUCK! And people still play the game online.

Stop with these excuses. I get it, we all get it, Deadshot can get a couple or nerfs, but the game is very well balanced and it has nothing to do with the support period. One Top 8, especially after so many other Top 8's, doesn't reflect anything at all.
Buddy, I don't recall mentioning anything about Deadshot. All I said is that NRS never balances their games properly. Some characters will get all of the tools and some will have little to none which kills off the hype of the game. Now stop fucking quoting me or I'm going to just block your ass.

Roy Arkon

Ok now thats the second time someone quoted me and said "you guys".
First off i don't bitch on a forum about some char i can give 2 fucks about. Second if people say x character needs a nerf or this top 8 was boring etc it is their opinion and it seems as if anybody states their opinion about a char or the game some call it bitching?

I don't care if it was 1 top 8 or 20 the design of that character is mind blowing.
I'm not here to say that you can't have an opinion, everyone is entitled to it. But there is a difference between stating an opinion and taking things out of proportions. Ok so Deadshot can take a couple of nerfs, but this one Top 8 doesn't change the overall state of the whole game. And yes, all of the Top 8's before this one due matter, as well as what characters were used in each of them and how many times they were used. And even then, Top 8's alone aren't always the only factor to state the balance of a game. Until this Top 8, yes Deadshot had complaints, but it got generally quiet until this Top 8 happened. I'm not even 100% sure that Deadshot really needs these nerfs TBH.

Buddy, I don't recall mentioning anything about Deadshot. All I said is that NRS never balances their games properly. Some characters will get all of the tools and some will have little to none which kills off the hype of the game. Now stop fucking quoting me or I'm going to just block your ass.
Dude, are you going to block me just because I'm responding to you? It's not like I'm disrespecting you or insulting you. You really need to take a step back man.

And yes you didn't mention Deadshot himself, but what you said was directly inspired from this Top 8 that had 5 Deadshots, claiming that this is the sole reason why NRS games are supposedly die even though it's not true at all and there are other reasons why things happen the way they are and other games from other companies can have the same issues as well. Not to mention that these players are playing for money and they do everything the can to win. Every Top 8 so far had the players choosing their favorite characters and some obscure ones, so this one Top 8 doesn't reflect anything.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Every tournament feels dominated by its then-current best character(s).
How? A different character has won every major so far for this game (except Cold with two), so I wouldn't say that's true. Never mind having way more character variety, you almost never saw MKX low tiers being played but we've seen almost every character throughout the top 8s this game has had in 5 months.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

So your point is that since there was only 3 deadshots in top 8 of AB instead of 5, this tournament was a fluke? Could there not be a rising trend of top players picking up Deadshot realizing he's stupidly good? Tekken Master wasn't even at AB either so you can't really compare both tournaments. My point is top players are beginning to pickup deadshot more often, which is a fact. There is also a rising trend of having more Deadshots in each top 8 every tournament. Also a fact.

I avoided your last point because it means nothing. Supergirl wasn't present in this top 8 yet she's top 3. A character being present or not present in a top 8 means nothing. You don't see people suddenly saying Fate is broken because he made top 8. But when a character starts to be picked up by more and more top players, and tends to do better and better in top 8s, there is legitimate cause for concern.

DC King

Noob
How? A different character has won every major so far for this game (except Cold with two), so I wouldn't say that's true. Never mind having way more character variety, you almost never saw MKX low tiers being played but we've seen almost every character throughout the top 8s this game has had in 5 months.
Tbh a lot of characters arent being played in this game as well. Still waiting for swamp thing, cyborg and joker in the next dlc pack. Also is poison ivy still on vacation...havent seen her in quiet some time

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Unfortunately this is why NRS games die so quickly. People can't really play the characters that they want to because there just seems to always be characters that straight up dominate and if you want to win then you just gotta pick up the top tiers. They gotta work on their balancing which basically dictates whether these games can have a longer life cycle. Occasionally the obscure characters do pop up and make some noise but generally it's the usual suspects.
The balance is no different than other fighting games.

The main difference is that NRS characters are just easier to play, so more people have a tendency to pick up whoever they need at the moment.

But this "NRS games balance is bad" talk needs to stop. Injustice 2 is more balanced than most fighting games on the market. Deadshot being individually strong doesn't change that.